Chat Thread

Hey. I read when bored. Sometimes forums, sometimes articles. I know. I'm boring.

Although, honestly, since he came along, I haven't been bored for a second. He's like a magical furnace of excited energy. (I say that and he's sleeping on my lap)

I used to play video games a lot. That was a long time ago. These past two years, it's been hard to find the time.

Actually, technically, that was when I found pony. Once I found pony, *poof* went my schedule. I used to have a huge TD game addiction.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a T.D. game...?

When I'm bored, I like to read. Currently, I am skimming through THE STORY OF THE S.S.

Talking with others regarding a bevy of subjects and interests is amusing, yet there really is no-one else to talk to.

I am currently thinking of the prospect of making a box that transmits exactly what you want to see on the wall(s) of your house. I think it would be cool for tulpas, and making my own shows like this (

)

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

What's a T.D. game...?

"Tower Defense" or sometimes "Turret Defense". They're fun!

... You guys are recommending I read when I'm bored...

Well, reading a good book isn't so bad honestly. But I'm kind of looking for something, you know, not that? Fast-paced games or just anything fun really, lots of slow games are fun but so are things like watching videos, like,

or funny people or whatever. That's what I've been doing for the last few hours, watching Pannenkoek do absolutely crazy-insane-precise stuff in Super Mario 64. Man, I listened to him explain "parallel universes" and RNG manipulation and stuff and it was still fun because it was interesting. But we love Mario 64 so maybe I'm biased. I kinda want to go play it now, but I have no one to play it with because it's 5AM.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I can't help you with not being bored. You know what we did for fun this morning? Try to pull our eyes apart by staring at two pencils at the same time and pull them apart.

Her idea of a good youtube video is the Angry Video Game Nerd and her idea of a good video game is Dwarf Fortress.

In my free time so far, I've been trying to find ways to reaffirm my existence, such as wrestling her for control of the body. Yesterday, it took her ten minutes to move anything. Today, it took her twenty.

Guest Anonymous

In my free time so far, I've been trying to find ways to reaffirm my existence, such as wrestling her for control of the body. Yesterday, it took her ten minutes to move anything. Today, it took her twenty.

I must resist trolling Tulpa about reaffirming existence.  I must resist trolling Tulpa about reaffirming existence.  I must strenuously resist trolling Tulpa about reaffirming existence!  The war is over.  I need to let it go and let tulpamancers do their thing, however silly it may seem to me.  No matter how badly and desperately I want to troll it.  

Anyway, today I reaffirmed my own existence by breaking my diet and eating too much junk food again.  I eat, therefore I am.  Melian exists too (without existential reaffirmation) but she is in my head and is somewhat indifferent to junk food binges.    

Wait, this really wasn't letting it go was it?  Oh well.  Tulpa at least you know I like you.

EDIT: I hereby confirm in public that Tulpa does indeed exist as far as I am concerned.

@Mistgod: In that survey it asked me how I'd argue against someone who said tulpas didn't exist. I wrote, I'd punch them in the face.

Unless they were nice about it. In which case I wouldn't feel the need to argue.

I must resist laughing at Mistgod's futile efforts to not troll. I must...

Failed :(

Guest Anonymous

But I actually am exhausted of being an asshole.

This may be my last trolling of a tulpamancer ever actually. Melian and I are saying the war is over. Well. It is over and I need to leave you guys alone. I will just shake my head and smile at the absurdity of it all and realize that I am in good company. There is nothing more absurd than Mistgod-Melian. We love tulpamancers because they are good company in that respect. You guys are just doing what tulpas need to do.

Tulpa my dear buddy, you are as real as anyone we have ever met.

Yay! I'm real and fully a separate person!

Anyway, it turns out I share a brain with my host. She is always thinking about what I am thinking. I think differently about it, but it is the same thing. We've switched to trying to train parallel processing as our current goal.

It seems that it is really hard to do the same kind of task independently from what I hear, but for now, us just working on two things at once separately is the goal.

Guest Anonymous

Parallel processing is a cool trick.  You do know that people without tulpas have done it?  It is possible without a tulpa or a separate mind.  So it might be evidence of a talent, but not proof of anything.  Still neat though and I could see it as a good separation building exercise for sure.  Melian and I used to play the count the bouncing balls test thing.  Sometimes we did pretty good.

Here is a link to a podcast about a musician who can parallel process and perform multiple complex pieces of music simultaneously (without a tulpa) using mental imagery  link

"Bob Milne is one of the best ragtime piano players in the world, and a preternaturally talented musician -- he can play technically challenging pieces of music on demand while carrying on a conversation and cracking jokes. But according to Penn State neuroscientist Kerstin Betterman, our brains just aren't wired to do that. So she decided to investigate Bob's brain, and when she did, she discovered that Bob has an even more amazing ability... one that we can hardly believe, and science can't explain. Reporter Jessica Benko helps us get inside Bob's remarkably musical mind."