Chat Thread

Writer here.

Wattpad: Good for something, I'm sure. It's easier to tell what people think chapter by chapter, and you're fairly well protected from plagiarism, but it's damn hard to get noticed.

Figment: Nearly impossible for someone to steal your writing. If you join a few groups (try Figgie Fighters) and talk to some people, introduce yourself on the intro forum, it's not hard at all to get some reads and criticism right off.

Scribophile: This is for construcrive criticism only, as it's not really a "writing platform." After writing critiques for others, you'll earn enough karma points to have one of your pieces critiqued. Good if you want some serious self-improvement.

Fictionpress.com- If you've ever used fanfiction.net, this is similar. Hard to get used to the format otherwise. I can't remember if my stories got noticed here or not, but I think that most of the people there are writers, not readers. And writers don't want to read amateur internet writing *sarcasm*.

There are a shitton of other sites--writer's cafe, quotev for fanfiction, fanfiction.net, and A03, for example--but most of those aren't for original work or are just irritating to use.

Mer- Host. Salty, angsty teenage mermaid.

Felix- Tulpa. In progress. An optimistic, spontaneous suit of Spartan armor.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How long have you been learning, and how far do you consider yourself, tulpa001? French is somewhere relatively high up on my list of languages I'd like to learn.

My host began watching french TV last year in febuary, starting with Joueur Du Grenier. She was also planning on translating Robur le Conquerant, but got busy. I continued the TV stuff for the past year, and only now started looking at trying to talk to other people.

I think I speak French better than my host. I'd say I'm good enough not to be kicked off a forum for terrible grammar. But not good enough to keep up with a chat conversation.

Oh, what is that one writer's website I know? Wordpress. I think my host was there briefly for some reason.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

I'm having trouble redoing some of the early chapters, because I'm writing like my character has PTSD instead of being surprised like he was at the beginning. And I'm tired.

I just had a nightmare. I haven't had one in a really long time.

I was in a different bedroom. I was trying to go to sleep in the bedroom, there was a voice telling me what to do, it told me to make a "calming recording" to soothe my thoughts. In the recording that repeated over and over while I tried to fall asleep, there was screaming in the background. Then I drifted off to sleep. I had a nightmare that I stood and looked at the closet. There was a shadow figure there and I screamed.

A nightmare within a nightmare.

edit: there was also loud discordant music playing while I looked at the shadow figure

double edit: there was also Ray's voice in the recording that was repeating

• 2 weeks later...

I feel terrible. Took a road trip. Got car sick, which is weird because my host doesn't get car sick anymore. Couldn't sleep. Which is weird because my host gets knocked out by car rides. Anyway, I'm tired with a rebellious stomach.

Could be the sunglasses. I kid you not, wearing these things makes me dizzy. Also, the ear plugs felt terrible. My host never wore sunglasses and earplugs, but the sun is just too bright, and I can't take noise.

that sounds terrible, though we don't get carsick/motion sick from anything, can't sleep in public, don't like glasses and don't like earplugs. But when it's all hot like in the car or at some event or something I feel like our body just accepts it and kinda shuts down, feels really sluggish like we're just dealing with it until it's over. That's why we like cold over hot, because being really cold doesn't make you feel terrible

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I'd have to agree with feeling cold on that point. Though, mainly because I can use unlimited blankets to fix that problem. Man' I totally looked like darth vader, or judge dredd for the day, wearing our hunting cap, hiding in the shadows like some vampire hissing at the light, dead to the world.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I fried our brain by working on artificial neural networks all night. I'm going to try to let Ray possess as much as he can today.