Are there techniques that cancel a Tulpa?

If you create a Tulpa and it somehow doesnt fit to what you wanted can you get rid of that creation?

Don't believe the things I say just because I tell you.. Test these things and prove them to yourselves so that you know them to be true. ~The Buddha

Touchy subject, which doesn't have an easy answer , some say that yes, should you really really want to dissipate a tulpa you can do so by starving them of attention, but many also think that only really puts them into a kind of dormant state, able to be revived later given sufficient thought.

The general consensus I believe is that it's very rare that a tulpa will become something you don't want them to- they're born from you and will usually want to make you happy, as such not doing stuff that makes you miserable. If the tulpa does something that you dislike or makes you uncomfortable discuss it with them- explain your feelings, and go from there.

It seems to be a fairly common question that people ask when starting out. 'What if I don't like my tulpa' or 'what if my tulpa is evil' etc etc- but it's extremely uncommon for this to happen.

Setting aside the can you or will you need to aspect, there's also the moral choice. If you believe that a tulpa is sentient, that they are aware of their existance then you are in every sense destroying an existance for no other reason than 'I don't like you' . Reverse the situation and imagine that was you - that you were brought into existance and then your creator turns round and goes 'yeaahhh... Your not really what I was lookin for, so bye' - wouldn't you want to live? To find a way to co-exist?

Most cases of tulpas deviating seems to end up as a change the host will accept- even if we don't expect or know it at the time. I believe personally that a tulpa draws from your subconcious desire to a degree, so they often know our wants and needs better than perhaps we do ourselves.

To wrap it up, yes in theory you can, but it should be an absolute last resort and only done if your tulpa is causing you significant distress or disruption and all attempts to resolve it have failed.

A tulpa is for life much like a child I guess. I wouldn't start creating a tulpa with the backup plan of 'I can always start over' - make sure your really ready for the commitment before you jump in. If your happy with that then great! Good luck and Godspeed!

If you wanna see what others have debated on this try using the search function for something like 'dissipating a tulpa' or 'get rid of tulpa' etc. Though again- it's a last resort, and even then many are against even that.

Hope this was helpful to you.