Can praying create a tulpa?

I'm a Christian who prays to God almost every night, and I'm beginning to see major similarities between praying and forcing. You talk to someone who you can't see, but believe is there. Even when I force with Lord Tourettes, I often catch myself accidentally bowing my head, putting my hands together, or calling him "Father" from how used I am to praying. My question is, could praying possibly create an accidental tulpa? And do you think praying often while also forcing could interfere with things?

Hmm. I'm also a Christian, and I've never had problems with this. I don't think you would create an accidental tulpa, so long as you can manage to conceptually keep the two things separate.

Relevant question: How far along in development is your tulpa? If possible, it might help if you can make your interactions with your tulpa a bit less formal. You aren't talking to God when you force, after all, just your little head companion. I know you said you don't intend to bow your head and address your tulpa as "Father" when you try forcing, but the fact that you even feel the need for a formal "Ok, I'm going to sit down and talk to my tulpa now" moment might be part of what's causing the problem. I don't know about you, but when I pray, I feel as if I have to really project my thoughts and send them out to God, like it's a message that I'm deliberately sending from point A to point B. With my tulpas, though, it's a lot more conversational. I'm not talking to God, I'm talking to a friend of mine. That might help, you know -- talk to your tulpas more like you would talk to another human.

Additionally, the fact that your tulpa has the title of "Lord" might also be throwing you off a bit, not just because of the religious connotation but also because it's such a powerful title, making you feel like you really have to talk up to him, like he's some sort of authority figure or other superior to you. Thinking of you and your tulpa as being on the same level might help a lot.

At any rate, though, it's definitely possible to pray and still have your tulpas feel like separate entities. Pinky in particular seems to have taken a lot of interest in religion recently. When I pray, I sort of feel like she's praying along with me, even if she doesn't have any words of her own to add. Sometimes she even sits next to me in church. It really feels like I'm praying with someone I know standing next to me, even if she isn't actually projecting herself next to me. Either way, though, it does clearly feel like I'm praying with her and not to her.

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

Thank you for your response. I don't usually think of it as anything formal while talking to LT, the head bowing and stuff is more of a habit while speaking in my head. I've been working on LT since June 2, so maybe the fact that he's undeveloped is what's causing me confusion.

And I know he has a seemingly powerful name, but trust me, I don't talk up to him like he's an actual lord. He's based off of the character Lord Tourettes from the YouTube series "Dick Figures," a very effeminate and whimsical green guy. Just look google him up, you'll see what I mean. xD

This is actually a very interesting subject. Based on what I've read a few months ago, it would seem there is a very close similarity between forcing and prayer/certain religious practices. Some in the community actually theorize that extensive prayer can and has created a tulpa that resembled the specific deity they prayed to. In the case of Christian monks who, after extensive prayer to God, heard Him respond to their prayers, they created a tulpa who responded as God according to this theory. I don't say this in some attempt to challenge your beliefs and you can take this as you will, but it is a theory and, if you think about it, not entirely conflicting with your beliefs (what's to say God didn't communicate through these tulpas?).

As far as prayer during forcing, I personally don't think it will affect too much. Maybe it might turn your tulpa religious (if he/she isn't already), but that might be more a result of observing you pray and thinking that it would be best if he/she does it too. And like I said earlier, it was extensive prayer that is believed to create the "God tulpa", not a simple prayer before bed. I don't know what you're prayer habits are so I can't really gauge what the effects of your prayers would be on your tulpa/potential to create another tulpa from your prayers, and while I enjoy analyzing and picking apart religions and religious practices, I'm agnostic and not really religious, so I'm not really an expert on what the effects of prayer is on tulpas.

Just my two cents on the issue.

Oh, alright then, well, that eliminates that hypothesis. XD

I suppose it probably is just because he's underdeveloped, then. I think so long as you can consciously recognize and remember the difference between the two, you shouldn't have any problems. Then, once he's more developed, his presence should feel a bit more distinct. That's about the only advice I can offer, though. Good luck to you on all that!

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

Ok well I doubt that you'll create a tulpa who is responding in God's place (unless it's His divine will, I suppose). The theory is about the phenomenon of monks and prophets who isolated themselves for a long period of time and prayed to their deity for hours, expecting a response from their deity. The practice sounds similar to forcing (especially if you get into specific prayer practices of certain religions), and rose the question of whether or not the response these people got from their deity was a tulpa communicating in their deity's place.

Google "is God a tulpa" and you should get a link to the theory I'm talking about.