Ennui

Lack of Concentration and Commitment

I can't seem to find the motivation to carry on with my tulpa's creation process and I've been working on her for about 2 weeks now. I had initially started the process while I was on holiday (I spent the majority of it locked in my room, so I thought it was a better time than any) and since I've come back I've been distracted by many things. It's annoying because I literally promised to myself to make sure I finish this project. I tried once before and it just didn't work out, however, I really want to go ahead with this tulpa.

I'm not sure what order most of you guys went with, but I've started out with Visualization. It has been a relatively easy exercise as I've found time to picture her in my head while multi-tasking. However, I wanted to do Imposition next (with Personality and Narration coming afterwards) and my mind just keeps switching off.

Responses will be much appreciated, thanks.

Visualization for anyone falls into the category of "obsession" in a sense. You need to obsess over them and don't give up. Remind yourself if you have to- to stay motivated. It's a tough journey. I know. You must also remember to not only have faith in your Tulpa, but faith in yourself as well. Tell them "Regardless of where I may be the next day, I won't give up on you."

Reward yourself after too if you can. Placing too much energy can often make your Tulpa feel bad. Mine did when he was being made mainly because of the dedication placed into the hours and days. Keep in mind that it's okay to take a break for a day or two. It's not smart to rush into anything that takes time. It can be hard, but it's more rewarding if you see yourself being more patient than those around you being impatient. It proves to your Tulpa you're mature and ready to take any challenge head on...

I hope this helped. Good Luck! I wish you the best!

~NovaIce

It'd probably be easier to hype yourself up if you worked on interaction as well as visualization. I can't imagine just doing baseline visualization and trying to keep on task, seems like that'd get a little tedious after a while. I'd say maybe interact a little more with your budding tulpa from the start, and maybe you'll get into it a little more. Not everything has to be done one step at a time, in fact, I've done the best when mixing different "steps" together. Don't think of this as a process that you have to go through chronologically, or as a process that has any order at all, really, that's kind of limiting.

Maybe don't think of this as something that you ever finish, there's just varying states of progress. It's really easy to lose the importance of what you're doing when you're too focused on the end game, I think.

We're all gonna make it brah.

Visualization for anyone falls into the category of "obsession" in a sense. You need to obsess over them and don't give up. Remind yourself if you have to- to stay motivated. It's a tough journey. I know. You must also remember to not only have faith in your Tulpa, but faith in yourself as well. Tell them "Regardless of where I may be the next day, I won't give up on you."

Reward yourself after too if you can. Placing too much energy can often make your Tulpa feel bad. Mine did when he was being made mainly because of the dedication placed into the hours and days. Keep in mind that it's okay to take a break for a day or two. It's not smart to rush into anything that takes time. It can be hard, but it's more rewarding if you see yourself being more patient than those around you being impatient. It proves to your Tulpa you're mature and ready to take any challenge head on...

I hope this helped. Good Luck! I wish you the best!

~NovaIce

Ah, ok, I'm starting to get the general gist of it now. I'll try to relax a bit more on my next approach. Oh, and just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to develop a strong connection with your tulpa? I've read online guides that say it takes some people months, sometimes even longer. I'd imagine the duration would be different for different people, of course.

It'd probably be easier to hype yourself up if you worked on interaction as well as visualization. I can't imagine just doing baseline visualization and trying to keep on task, seems like that'd get a little tedious after a while. I'd say maybe interact a little more with your budding tulpa from the start, and maybe you'll get into it a little more. Not everything has to be done one step at a time, in fact, I've done the best when mixing different "steps" together. Don't think of this as a process that you have to go through chronologically, or as a process that has any order at all, really, that's kind of limiting.

Maybe don't think of this as something that you ever finish, there's just varying states of progress. It's really easy to lose the importance of what you're doing when you're too focused on the end game, I think.

Aha, the thing is, I was completely focused on where the finish line was, but I get it now. I suppose this is a project that will always require improvement. I'll definitely try to combine narration with visualization next time, try things simultaneously; maybe that will stop things from getting too tedious.

Thanks.

Apparently for me, I am a rare case. It only took three days before mine started talking to me. From there he basically chose everything. I think it's because I am often using my imagination to create video game characters that he had more of a framework (as someone else advised to me) that he willed himself into existence. He was just waiting for the right chance.

So yes, it can take awhile or no time at all. If you hear mental chatter from what you know isn't your thoughts, don't reject them. It may just lead you to something. Just remind yourself not to stress and rest too when you know your Tulpa is taking his/her energy. That's typical. You can usually get it back by resting/napping for an hour.

~NovaIce

Apparently for me, I am a rare case. It only took three days before mine started talking to me. From there he basically chose everything. I think it's because I am often using my imagination to create video game characters that he had more of a framework (as someone else advised to me) that he willed himself into existence. He was just waiting for the right chance.

So yes, it can take awhile or no time at all. If you hear mental chatter from what you know isn't your thoughts, don't reject them. It may just lead you to something. Just remind yourself not to stress and rest too when you know your Tulpa is taking his/her energy. That's typical. You can usually get it back by resting/napping for an hour.

~NovaIce

Three days? Wow, some people just have all the luck.

Haha, but no, that is impressive. I'll take it a bit more easy from now on, most definitely.

Thank you.

You're welcome. I may be new here as well, but I did my research over several years before completely considering I was mature enough to even consider making a Tulpa. So don't feel so bad! I am sure we have all been where you're at... at some point.. or something to that effect hahaha.

~NovaIce

You're welcome. I may be new here as well, but I did my research over several years before completely considering I was mature enough to even consider making a Tulpa. So don't feel so bad! I am sure we have all been where you're at... at some point.. or something to that effect hahaha.

~NovaIce

That's why I don't usually judge by join date.

That's cool though, you didn't rush into it (like me), muahaha.

Did you say you make video games?

Yes. Yes I do. If you're interested. I have a Facebook and going to be doing Kickstarter this month:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lost-Legend-Tale-of-the-Mursan-Knights/758233377628533

But please, I don't want to take your mind off your progress with your Tulpa. If you ever need help. Let me or anyone here know =)

~NovaIce

Oh right, cool. I'll check it out.

And yes, this chit-chatting only further shows the depths of my concentration levels :s