Questiongs regarding Wonderland, Imposing and Hallucination

Chris

Hello, and thank you for taking time to read my questions!

First to start off, I have some general questions about the wonderland, and I'd love to hear your responses.

So, my question is, just how 'real' can the wonderland feel? And how real does it feel for you? For me right now, it seems as if my wonderland is just a 3 dimentional place in my head, with not much else to it, ( I suppose it was stronger before, but then I kinda lost touch with it due to school and stuff ). Anyway, I'm wondering if the wonderland can feel as real, or even come close to feeling real at all. Can you like enter the wonderland almost as if it was your own personal universe, and not just a place in your head? I'd love to have a place I could just chill with my Tulpa, where him and I could, well, I suppose commiunicate better as we can see eachother.

That for the most part does it for the wonderland questions.

Next up is imposing.

Now I suppose the question regarding the imposition part is kind of simililar to the wonderland question, in terms of how 'real' a thing feels, so here goes.

Firstly, just how real can you physically feel your Tulpa? Can it compare to physically touching another person? That about rams it up for the imposing part I guess.

Now for the hallucination part.

I don't think I have really seen alot of posts regarding auditory hallucination, so I just thought that I'd create my own. So here goes, first off, just how vivid can a tulpa be seen physically? How vivid do you see your Tulpa? And lastly, is it even possible to have a tulpa switched from a mindvoice to an auditory hallucination? I mean, doesn't your Tulpa speak auditory when you hallucinate them? Do your Tulpa speak in an auditory hallucination manner?

Thanks for your time, I'm happy for input.

For the wonderland question, I believe that there's a natural limit to how realistic it can be. Going beyond this limit would likely require lucid dreaming and/or drugs. For the degree of how realistic it can seem naturally, in an awake state, I'm not entirely sure. If your talking about integrating your five senses into your wonderland, this can be done with lots a practice, and I'm not sure how well senses can be simulated but I do know that my simulated senses in my wonderland are much more... diluted (if that's the right word) than my actual real world senses. I also know that some senses are harder to simulate than others (hardest being taste to me). If this isn't what you meant as far as realistic could you please clarify.

As for feeling more like your own universe and not a place in your head, I suppose having the mindset that it is like another universe can help. I think it also helps if you have a body your aware of in the wonderland, and that your consciousness "occupies it" in the same way you occupy your real body can help with this as well. Integrating your senses in the wonderland can help with this as well. But I think that a mindset that it is another world cna help a lot, as there were many times, after adopting that mindset, that after leaving it I had to "get used to" the real world again.

As for imposition and hallucinations, I'm going start by clarifying (in case you didn't know, because the separation of these two groups implies this) that imposition is the hallucination of all five senses regarding your tulpa, most importantly visual and auditory. I don't have any experience with imposition (as I haven't worked on it yet myself) but I have heard that it is possible to achieve "complete imposition" where all five senses can be felt on your imposed tulpa to a certain, natural degree (without the use of drugs to enhance this), but I will leave this someone whose more experienced in this field of tulpamancy.

Lastly, your tulpa usually seems to start by hearing it in mind voice before you visually impose it in your real world senses. I always personally felt that hearing your tulpa in a different mind voice was auditory hallucination, sense your hearing and communicating with something that doesn't technically exist in the real world, but in your mind. So I've always felt that a tulpa communicating in mind voice was an auditory hallucination, but if I'm wrong I would like someone to correct me.

" timestamp="1434485798"]

For the wonderland question, I believe that there's a natural limit to how realistic it can be. Going beyond this limit would likely require lucid dreaming and/or drugs. For the degree of how realistic it can seem naturally, in an awake state, I'm not entirely sure. If your talking about integrating your five senses into your wonderland, this can be done with lots a practice, and I'm not sure how well senses can be simulated but I do know that my simulated senses in my wonderland are much more... diluted (if that's the right word) than my actual real world senses. I also know that some senses are harder to simulate than others (hardest being taste to me). If this isn't what you meant as far as realistic could you please clarify.

As for feeling more like your own universe and not a place in your head, I suppose having the mindset that it is like another universe can help. I think it also helps if you have a body your aware of in the wonderland, and that your consciousness "occupies it" in the same way you occupy your real body can help with this as well. Integrating your senses in the wonderland can help with this as well. But I think that a mindset that it is another world cna help a lot, as there were many times, after adopting that mindset, that after leaving it I had to "get used to" the real world again.

As for imposition and hallucinations, I'm going start by clarifying (in case you didn't know, because the separation of these two groups implies this) that imposition is the hallucination of all five senses regarding your tulpa, most importantly visual and auditory. I don't have any experience with imposition (as I haven't worked on it yet myself) but I have heard that it is possible to achieve "complete imposition" where all five senses can be felt on your imposed tulpa to a certain, natural degree (without the use of drugs to enhance this), but I will leave this someone whose more experienced in this field of tulpamancy.

Lastly, your tulpa usually seems to start by hearing it in mind voice before you visually impose it in your real world senses. I always personally felt that hearing your tulpa in a different mind voice was auditory hallucination, sense your hearing and communicating with something that doesn't technically exist in the real world, but in your mind. So I've always felt that a tulpa communicating in mind voice was an auditory hallucination, but if I'm wrong I would like someone to correct me.

Hey man thanks for answering my questions!

Alright so, when you say that you have your senses integrated to your wonderland, could you please expand on this? Like how exactly do you 'feel' it? Can you feel the senses being stimulated in your wonderland body, to your physical body? And yeah, that's pretty much what I wanted to know with ' realistically', I was more or less reffering wonderland to a dream in an awaken state, meaning that the wonderland is as "immersive" as a lucid dream, I'm hoping there is a possibillity that I can atleast come close to having this comparison.

Secondly, in this do you mean that, I should imagine my self with my conciousness into my wonderland, and try to imagine my wonderland being another universe? And do you personally think that your wonderland is close to being called a dream? By your description of "getting used to the real world" It seems as if your wonderland seems as immersive or close to a lucid dream, am I correct?

Thirdly

When I was talking about auditory hallucinations, I meant auditory as in talking to another physical person-kind-of-auditory. See what I mean?

Thanks for your post!

Ok so for senses, they way I simulate senses is by imagination, which is key in most things involving the wonderland. Image placing your hand down and rubbing a carpet, how it's soft and hairy. If you focus enough on it you might be able to feel the softness, even the texture, but not on your real hand but on your imagined one. It's sort of the same way with feeling things with your wonderland form. It is likely the fact that it is a fake body with no nervous system and no sensory neurons that these simulated senses feel diluted compared to feeling things with your real body since it has those sensory neurons. So, to feel things like touch, taste, smell, and sound to an extent mostly relies on focusing on feeling that sensation and telling your brain "in this imagined world, this feels, tastes, smells, etc. like this," creating neural pathways in the brain so that it can simulate sensory responses to the imagined stimuli. Knowing what it feels like will likely help too. And with enough practice you'll be able to feel imagined senses almost without having to think about it. All in all though integrating senses into your wonderland isn't entirely necessary (except sight, which is necessary to have a wonderland) to have a strong wonderland, unless you're looking for authenticity in your imagined world.

With good visualization and the ability to ignore real world senses the wonderland can become quite immersive, even more so with integrated senses. And I would say that imagining bringing your consciousness to your wonderland would work to more fully immerse yourself in it. I imagine myself as a medium between the real work a the wonderland, and that I can send my consciousness to my alternate form there at will. Thus, I'm usually quite immersed in either the real world or my wonderland, though enough disturbances can easily draw me back out. If I've been there long enough to where my body actually enters a sleep paralysis-like state, I can consider myself to be in a very immersed state. As far as it being like a dream, I wouldn't say so, though I have entered it once in a lucid dream. I would say that it's more like a very vivid and immersive imagination, a day dream. I do personally believe that lucid dreams are more immersive than my wonderland as it requires less effort in a lucid dream to feel simulated sensations than in my wonderland, with a more realistic feeling. I do think my wonderland, especially after quite some time in it, can come close to the level of immersion a lucid dream can have though. This is when I have those sensations of "getting used to the real world."

For auditory hallucination, are you talking about the level of clarity you can hear your tulpa? Or when it's imposed? Typically, the only thing in tulpamancy that involves hallucinations as its commonly defined is imposition, which is primarily visual but can be auditory. By my beliefs a tulpa mind voice (which you can hear whether it's imposed or not) counts as an auditory hallucination since your communicating to something that doesn't physically exist, but it looks like your defining "another person talking to you" level of clarity as an auditory hallucination. Are you talking about when you impose your tulpa or just hearing it talk to you when it's not imposed?

" timestamp="1434485798"]

I feel I should clarify, OP, that this isn't what most people would call an "auditory hallucination".

A mindvoice is when you "hear" a tulpa similarly to how you "hear" your own voice when you think -- which I think most would agree isn't the same as "really" hearing something. There is a disconnect between what is mindvoice and what counts as an auditory hallucination.

That said, OP, from what I've heard, imposition can involve visual and/or auditory hallucinations, in which you would see/hear your tulpa similarly to how you see/hear other people, in addition to perceiving them through your other senses. I personally have very little experience with imposition, having only gotten as far as very vague tactile hallucinations, and absolutely no visual or auditory hallucinations. That said, though, I would imagine that it takes a bit of practice to work one's way up to "full imposition", which would involve seeing/hearing a tulpa with as much realism as you would see/hear another person. I imagine that, before you reach that point, you would still see/hear your tulpa in a way that definitely separates them from simply being an image/voice in your head, but the image/sound would probably be a bit more ghost-ish and inconsistent, not completely "solid" for lack of a better term.

Either way, imposition takes a long time to make a reality, even in that form. You'd probably need your tulpa to have a solid form and mindvoice before you can really start impositioning.

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

• 2 weeks later...
" timestamp="1434504501"]

Ok so for senses, they way I simulate senses is by imagination, which is key in most things involving the wonderland. Image placing your hand down and rubbing a carpet, how it's soft and hairy. If you focus enough on it you might be able to feel the softness, even the texture, but not on your real hand but on your imagined one. It's sort of the same way with feeling things with your wonderland form. It is likely the fact that it is a fake body with no nervous system and no sensory neurons that these simulated senses feel diluted compared to feeling things with your real body since it has those sensory neurons. So, to feel things like touch, taste, smell, and sound to an extent mostly relies on focusing on feeling that sensation and telling your brain "in this imagined world, this feels, tastes, smells, etc. like this," creating neural pathways in the brain so that it can simulate sensory responses to the imagined stimuli. Knowing what it feels like will likely help too. And with enough practice you'll be able to feel imagined senses almost without having to think about it. All in all though integrating senses into your wonderland isn't entirely necessary (except sight, which is necessary to have a wonderland) to have a strong wonderland, unless you're looking for authenticity in your imagined world.

With good visualization and the ability to ignore real world senses the wonderland can become quite immersive, even more so with integrated senses. And I would say that imagining bringing your consciousness to your wonderland would work to more fully immerse yourself in it. I imagine myself as a medium between the real work a the wonderland, and that I can send my consciousness to my alternate form there at will. Thus, I'm usually quite immersed in either the real world or my wonderland, though enough disturbances can easily draw me back out. If I've been there long enough to where my body actually enters a sleep paralysis-like state, I can consider myself to be in a very immersed state. As far as it being like a dream, I wouldn't say so, though I have entered it once in a lucid dream. I would say that it's more like a very vivid and immersive imagination, a day dream. I do personally believe that lucid dreams are more immersive than my wonderland as it requires less effort in a lucid dream to feel simulated sensations than in my wonderland, with a more realistic feeling. I do think my wonderland, especially after quite some time in it, can come close to the level of immersion a lucid dream can have though. This is when I have those sensations of "getting used to the real world."

For auditory hallucination, are you talking about the level of clarity you can hear your tulpa? Or when it's imposed? Typically, the only thing in tulpamancy that involves hallucinations as its commonly defined is imposition, which is primarily visual but can be auditory. By my beliefs a tulpa mind voice (which you can hear whether it's imposed or not) counts as an auditory hallucination since your communicating to something that doesn't physically exist, but it looks like your defining "another person talking to you" level of clarity as an auditory hallucination. Are you talking about when you impose your tulpa or just hearing it talk to you when it's not imposed?

About this. When it comes to the immersiveness of the wonderland, I've heard that when you switch with your tulpa, the wonderland sort of becomes as immersive as it would in a dream, or perhaps even real life, is this true?

Either way, imposition takes a long time to make a reality, even in that form. You'd probably need your tulpa to have a solid form and mindvoice before you can really start impositioning.

Do you think you could help me with links to guides or tell me where I have a best possible chance of finding guides that will help me train imposition? (As far as I understood, the term imposition includes our 5 senses ). It would also be nice with a guide that will train my Tulpa's voice to be more "distinct" from a regular mind voice I'd love to have a seemingly physical tulpa around me. Thank you in advance.