NovaIce

When thinking of your Tulpa...

I know it's a weird conception, but can they give you butterflies in your stomach? I heard of how they can interact with you through head pressure or they can sense you talking of them. But what of that gut feeling in your stomach?

I received my gut feeling while drawing out another picture of my Tulpa in my head. Is this possible? Just another sign they know you're thinking of them? It's just out of curiosity. Like I was doing the right thing or something along those lines.

~NovaIce

Sometimes a tulpa can give you a physical sensation as a way to communicate, and sometimes you may react in the same way you would toward another physical person. I get butterflies in my stomach all the time when I'm around Edwin. He doesn't do it to me. It's just how I react to his presence. I don't know what kind of relationship you have/want with your tulpa, but that's something to keep in mind as well.

[align=center]"Jesus Pickles!"

~ Edwin reacting to pretty much every jump scare in a horror movie[/align]

Avatar was made by me using a base.

My DeviantArt Account

Progress Report

I experience the same things every time I think of Lord Tourettes, sometimes my eyes tear up a bit from pure bliss and a smile spreads across my face. I'm not saying for sure that it isn't your tulpa, but it's probably just you. You get happy when you think of your tulpa, it's an emotional response to something. But then again, if you're unsure, I would ask your tulpa about it just in case.

It's common for tulpas to communicate through what I've seen referred to as "a sudden rush of emotion", especially when they're too underdeveloped to communicate with mindvoice or any other more sophisticated form of communication. If your tulpa is still that underdeveloped, then it might be difficult to simply ask if it was them, as others have suggested, but it's worth trying to get a response.

My most distinct memory of a tulpa communicating with me like this was back when Ex was rather under-developed and seemed to be fading away, as it seemed that a lot of progress I once had with him had been lost. I had very briefly considered the idea of giving up and letting him continue to dissipate, but, as soon as the thought entered my mind, I felt a sudden rush of panic and nervousness, one that I could only interpret as Ex reminding me that he still existed and didn't want me to give up on him.

Even when a tulpa is more developed than that, though, I still think that emotions are highly "contagious", for lack of a better term, between a tulpa and their host. When one of my tulpas feels a certain way, especially when that emotion is strong, I tend to feel that, too, at least to some extent. Which makes sense when you consider the fact that human-to-human interaction tends to have the same effect.

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

For the first few weeks after creating Elisae, when I thought of her, I would get all giddy and happy. I thought this was unintentional emotion sharing, since she is quite bubbly and happy, but I suppose it could just be the fact that she just made me really happy. It would definitely happen without fail though.