If being shares some of the host's knowledge, would it be daemon more than tulpa?

Alexx

Title says it. Is it normal for tulpa to know some things host knows. Or i just failed on the sentience part? Maybe its daemon instead of tulpa then? Something else?

This is completely normal. The tulpa comes from your brain and has access to all your thoughts and memories, so they're bound to know some of the the same things you do.

I think, by default, a tulpa should already know everything you know and have access to your memories, unless you intentionally try to block them off from said memories, which I hear some people do.

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

I think, by default, a tulpa should already know everything you know and have access to your memories, unless you intentionally try to block them off from said memories, which I hear some people do.

Not necessarily. While I did think about using some form of symbolism to block what I knew (namely memories) from my tulpa, I decided against it, but she doesn't seem to have access to my memories unless I give them to her, and she's not very good at math or science even though I am. Though, I'm thinking I'm more the exception than the rule. Maybe she thinks it's unnecessary to know these things (math and science definitely wouldn't be since she's more into art) and so doesn't try to access them.

" timestamp="1434572164"]

Not necessarily. While I did think about using some form of symbolism to block what I knew (namely memories) from my tulpa, I decided against it, but she doesn't seem to have access to my memories unless I give them to her, and she's not very good at math or science even though I am. Though, I'm thinking I'm more the exception than the rule. Maybe she thinks it's unnecessary to know these things (math and science definitely wouldn't be since she's more into art) and so doesn't try to access them.

I suppose it's a possibility that they just choose what not to access because it doesn't interest them. I know Pinky would probably blank out and/or refuse to answer if I tried asking her math problems, despite the fact that I'm usually pretty good at math. XD

But, if something's relevant to the conversation at hand, my tulpas definitely already have knowledge of all my prior experiences, thus allowing them to comment on things that happened before they came into existence. It's not as if I'm constantly reminded that they know everything about my past, as they don't often bring up a memory I wasn't thinking about (unless it's something relevant to what we were already talking about), but if I were to mention something I had clear memory of that happened before I had created any of them, they'd still know what I was talking about. There's never been a time that I mentioned a past experience and they blinked their eyes at me like they had no idea what I was talking about.

But, if something's relevant to the conversation at hand, my tulpas definitely already have knowledge of all my prior experiences, thus allowing them to comment on things that happened before they came into existence. It's not as if I'm constantly reminded that they know everything about my past, as they don't often bring up a memory I wasn't thinking about (unless it's something relevant to what we were already talking about), but if I were to mention something I had clear memory of that happened before I had created any of them, they'd still know what I was talking about. There's never been a time that I mentioned a past experience and they blinked their eyes at me like they had no idea what I was talking about.

Yea, this is true. She does seem to be able to access my memory, but only when she wants to. She missed an episode of an anime we are watching together that just finished one time, and she wanted to know what happened so she decided to access my memory and saw the entire episode from what I remembered. She was even able to describe what happened in that episode. What's weird is she has no interest in doing that to catch up on other animes we're currently watching together but I started watching before she was created, as there have been many points where I had I describe what happened in previous episodes so she could understand. Maybe it's a boundary issue she has, where she thinks that she shouldn't have the right to access my knowledge without my permission (as I just said "can't you just access my memories and watch the episode from there" when she used my memories to watch the episode she missed) in which case I'll simply tell her she can use my memories to watch the parts of the shows she missed.

" timestamp="1434575259"]

Yea, this is true. She does seem to be able to access my memory, but only when she wants to. She missed an episode of an anime we are watching together that just finished one time, and she wanted to know what happened so she decided to access my memory and saw the entire episode from what I remembered. She was even able to describe what happened in that episode. What's weird is she has no interest in doing that to catch up on other animes we're currently watching together but I started watching before she was created, as there have been many points where I had I describe what happened in previous episodes so she could understand. Maybe it's a boundary issue she has, where she thinks that she shouldn't have the right to access my knowledge without my permission (as I just said "can't you just access my memories and watch the episode from there" when she used my memories to watch the episode she missed) in which case I'll simply tell her she can use my memories to watch the parts of the shows she missed.

Mm, yeah, that's interesting. In the case of my tulpas, it doesn't even seem like they really need to make a conscious effort to "access" my memories. Instead, it just seems like everything's already right there for them. If it's in my memory, it's in theirs, and they can recall it as easily as I can.

I see. I just saw all those people who is teaching their tulpas, but when i tried it with mine she just acted wierd cos she already knew all of that, heh.