Tulpaudcast!

jean-luc

I really enjoyed listening to this!

On the topic of tulpas vs. DID (or MPD), I can say from experience that they are completely different. I don't have DID, but I am a median system (very similar, but we all share a base, core personality, there is no dissociation, and no memory or time loss) with two in-progress Tulpas. Unlike with Tulpas, who, usually, are consciously created and take time, the two headmates that were not the original just kinda appeared out of nowhere, fully sentient, able to front right off the bat. They'd honestly be a little insulted if one were to refer to them as anything other than a real person. This is just the tip of the iceburg, since I can't speak for the DID experience. Just a note in case this comes up again in a future podcast. C:

Can't wait for another one, if you decide to continue with this series. ^_^

System Name: The Z Squad

Original: Zoe, The Organizer

Headmate: Zach, The Protector

Headmate: Zero, The Confidence

Tulpa: Chael

Form: Fallen angel with rabbit features and horns

Tulpa: Celeste

Form: Android

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Huh, hearing someone's voice makes them sound more authoritative for some reason. Also, I assumed 100% it was pronounced mell-ian, guess not.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

Huh, hearing someone's voice makes them sound more authoritative for some reason. Also, I assumed 100% it was pronounced mell-ian, guess not.

"Mellian" is kinda of an alternate pronunciation actually. That is how she gets the nick names Mel and Melly. I sometimes drop into calling her "Mellian." My wife (English major) says the single "l" makes the "e" a long vowel. Adding in the second "l" would make the "e" a short vowel as in Mellian. Now J.R.R. Tolkien, the author who created the original Middle Earth character of Melian, may have pronounced it even a third way. He used combinations from ancient languages to form elvish words.

As for "authoritative," you are probably picking up on my enduring ego (or the combined Mistgod-Melian epic ego). LOL Ignore it and weigh everything with a grain (or two or three) of salty salt. ~Mistgod

They'd honestly be a little insulted if one were to refer to them as anything other than a real person.

Please note, I am mostly referring to myself when I talk about my attitudes concerning real sentience vs. imaginary sentience. I have no idea what others are experiencing compared to me! There are thousands of people that claim to be natural multiples. Who am I to question who they are? I should never be so arrogant and presumptive! If I ever make assumptions about others, I should be corrected.

I am glad you enjoyed listening to me babble on about my Melian! ~Mistgod

Wow, this sounds great. Really wonderful to see things like this be made.

I have a question, how was the interview done? Face-to-face or over the internet/phone?

Well it certainly provided me with entertainment on the train to work- had to try not to laugh though at the 'um.. If we video chat your gonna see a guy' bit - and the 'hey a handsome! Man hug!' Hahaha. I can still hear that in your voice XD

Definitely really cool. I just had a chance to pay it through. I'd like to hear more. You both sounded different than I expected. Made me realize how young Mistgod really is. I mean he's always playing up being one of the oldest ones here, but my parents were pretty young when I was born, and he's younger than both of them.

Much more to say about Mistgod, but it should wait until I have a real keyboard.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Guest Anonymous

Well it certainly provided me with entertainment on the train to work- had to try not to laugh though at the 'um.. If we video chat your gonna see a guy' bit - and the 'hey a handsome! Man hug!' Hahaha. I can still hear that in your voice XD

Yesh, I can't help it, I am a nut! Hee hee Hey, some guys are cute and deserve the huggies! What he didn't tell you that I get him to actually do the man hug almost every time. *giggle* When he used to go to church, I would get bored and try to make him laugh by making irreverent and inappropriate comments at solemn moments. He would stifle his laugh and get hard stares from peoples. Hee hee I am so bad! ~Melian

Definitely really cool. I just had a chance to pay it through. I'd like to hear more. You both sounded different than I expected. Made me realize how young Mistgod really is. I mean he's always playing up being one of the oldest ones here, but my parents were pretty young when I was born, and he's younger than both of them.

Much more to say about Mistgod, but it should wait until I have a real keyboard.

You are first person on Tulpa Info to say I was in any way young. I thank you! *bows* I am glad you enjoyed the podcast. I am very grateful for jean-luc for this! It was fun and an honor for me! I have dreamed of sharing Melian to a wider audience for a long time. ~Mistgod