Tulpaudcast!

jean-luc

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to be clear, if this doesn't work out for some reason (scheduling is a bitch), don't point any fingers at me for needlessly taunting you. *glares at quetzal*

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Please note, I am mostly referring to myself when I talk about my attitudes concerning real sentience vs. imaginary sentience. I have no idea what others are experiencing compared to me! There are thousands of people that claim to be natural multiples. Who am I to question who they are? I should never be so arrogant and presumptive! If I ever make assumptions about others, I should be corrected.

I am glad you enjoyed listening to me babble on about my Melian! ~Mistgod

Oh jeez, I didn't mean that to refer to your situation at all! D: I'm so sorry if that's what it sounded like. It's more that for a while we thought that my most recent headmate might have been a tulpa, but that certainly isn't the case now. I just wanted to explain a little more what the difference is, considering what was said in the podcast. You weren't wrong, at all, so I wasn't trying to correct you. ;w; I just wanted to give a little more insight into tulpa vs. headmate/alter for future discussions about it, since it's happened on here, on Tumblr, and other places. I can see where people who aren't familiar with either would assume that what tulpamancers experience is DID/MPD, but really don't know the difference.

And I know you don't really consider Melian a tulpa, but whatever she may be, she sounds fascinating and very interesting. C:

System Name: The Z Squad

Original: Zoe, The Organizer

Headmate: Zach, The Protector

Headmate: Zero, The Confidence

Tulpa: Chael

Form: Fallen angel with rabbit features and horns

Tulpa: Celeste

Form: Android

Guest Anonymous
I just wanted to give a little more insight into tulpa vs. headmate/alter for future discussions about it, since it's happened on here, on Tumblr, and other places. I can see where people who aren't familiar with either would assume that what tulpamancers experience is DID/MPD, but really don't know the difference.

No worries. :-) I think you are right. There seems to be a lot of people, even some in the tulpa community, a little confused about the difference between MPD, DID and tulpamancy. It would be a great discussion for future podcasts. I don't think I could be the subject matter expert in that area though for sure. ~Mistgod

Awww, thanks for the compliment! Yer pretty super duper awesome yerself! ~Melian

No worries. :-) I think you are right. There seems to be a lot of people, even some in the tulpa community, a little confused about the difference between MPD, DID and tulpamancy. It would be a great discussion for future podcasts. I don't think I could be the subject matter expert in that area though for sure. ~Mistgod

Awww, thanks for the compliment! Yer pretty super duper awesome yerself! ~Melian

Well, first of all, DID is simply a shiny new term for MPD because people determined MPD was outdated.

:)

I really do think it would be an interesting topic, and lot's of discussions could be had, like headmates vs. tulpas, what it's like to create a tulpa when you already have headmates, what it's like to be a tulpamancer with DID vs. natural multiplicity - educational and entertaining.

System Name: The Z Squad

Original: Zoe, The Organizer

Headmate: Zach, The Protector

Headmate: Zero, The Confidence

Tulpa: Chael

Form: Fallen angel with rabbit features and horns

Tulpa: Celeste

Form: Android

I really do think it would be an interesting topic, and lot's of discussions could be had, like headmates vs. tulpas, what it's like to create a tulpa when you already have headmates, what it's like to be a tulpamancer with DID vs. natural multiplicity - educational and entertaining.

We still aren't sure where we fall in those categories, though we definitely are a system of equals, but we would be willing to help out or talk or something if you wanted.

Current System: Ziya (Formerly Einulf), Mizan, Aura, Dark, Lucia, Rand, Jason, Akira

Here's our Tumblr, if anyone wants it

So I somehow managed to post in the wrong thread! I'm super smart guize!

This was meant to be posted here:

Indeed, this one is proving a little harder than the first. Also less free time (and by that I mean I downloaded portal stories: mel and it has super difficult puzzles)

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc