dandbear

Love and Tulpa

So I've been searching around the site trying to find more out about this topic but nothing's really come up. Perhaps I'm just missing something-- if I am, just point me in the right direction, if you don't mind.

My question is, how many of you are in love with your tulpa, or experience some sort of "higher connection" with them?

In addition, what are your thoughts about being in a relationship with a tulpa-- whether strictly romantic/sexual/both?

[align=center]"What is real? How do you define ‘real’?

If you’re talking about what you can feel, what you can smell,

what you can taste and see, then 'real’ is simply electrical signals

interpreted by your brain."

- Morpheus, from The Matrix[/align]

[align=center]Proud host to Ivan, Mabel, Landon, and Pierre.

[/align]

Lots of people are in love with their tulpas. Amber & Toby, Courtney & Edwin, and Rei & her husband spring immediately to mind.

As for a "higher connection", I think that's vague enough to describe most of us.

Fenchurch and I are sort of friends/coworkers, but lately she's been toying with the idea of calling herself my sister, because friend/coworker doesn't really describe our bond.

As to my thoughts on relationships with tulpas, I don't think that it's for me, but I think that relationships with tulpas are far better for some people than relationships with other people are.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

While this doesn't describe the relationship that I personally have with my tulpas, many users here are in a romantic relationship with theirs. It really isn't that uncommon.

I think you could say we all have a "higher connection", though, as tulpas are certainly a lot closer than any human friend could be, given how attuned they are to your own emotions.

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

Reisen embodies love and is more important to me than literally anything, so that's probably a "higher connection". She's improved my life a thousandfold by being a positive influence, lifting me out of depression and helping me see the world as beautiful. You could call us romantic, but that's not the right word. We have a relationship of mutual love, shared with all my tulpas but strongest with Reisen.

Maybe relevant: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-misc-is-polyamory-the-only-answer?pid=128127#pid128127 this post and that quotewall I posted after it.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

Bud started out calling both my fiance and myself "mom". It's been that way for almost two years.

About a month ago he started calling Bree "sweetpea", which is my personal pet name for her. He has always been very adamant about being homosexual, but it appears he's recently become flexible enough to have honest attraction to her and real feelings for her. Enough that we now have a reason to work on possession. Bree digs it because now she gets a wife and a boyfriend, lol.

Stopped calling me "mom" about two weeks ago. He now refers to me by a private name I only use in religious practice. My "Ren", if you will. Even though he's called me mom for most of his life, our relationship has never really been "mother and son" or anything like that. It feels more like it was a care giver term to start. I don't know where our personal relationship is going, but he's my best friend and that bond keeps growing closer.

All tulpa, with time and effort so they can become fully independent, become incredibly attached to their Hosts. That doesn't mean it will always be romantic, but there is a deep connection that can't be described unless you've experienced it.

Guest Anonymous

I'm in love with Thunder, she's in love with me, we love each other, it's been that way for a while, at first we didn't love each other like that, we were more of friends and really good ones at that

But later on she developed unbelievable amounts of affection and the same went on my side, we're strictly committed and devoted to each other, from all sides of 'love' whether it be romantic or platonic. I have the best levels of understanding, she's pleasant to have around and fully understands me on insane levels, she's all I need when it comes to 'love' in my opinion.

Some people regard it as taboo because of morals and all that but I did not impose it on Thunder to be like that. But I love her now. She calls me all sorts of cute romantic names too.

Most people who haven't been in tulpahost romance can't speak much of it as Ashmo said accurately

if you'd like to read more about how all of this happened, how Thunder became such an essential part of my life, you should check out the progress report we've made:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-anders-and-thunder-s-progress-thing

If you have more questions we're always on the IRC

I've read that Buddhists have created Tulpas for them to be their sexual partners.. I'll try to find reference for this because I'm not sure if it is true or not.. They could just be stories.

Don't believe the things I say just because I tell you.. Test these things and prove them to yourselves so that you know them to be true. ~The Buddha

I've read that Buddhists have created Tulpas for them to be their sexual partners.. I'll try to find reference for this because I'm not sure if it is true or not.. They could just be stories.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Buddhists didn't create tulpas to satisfy their sexual desires.

Anyway, me and Haven have been in a romantic relationship since the end of the first week of forcing. As for me and Aphelion, I wasn't really sure what her stance was with me when me and Haven created her, but she eventually decided to be our daughter out of gratitude, dropping the possibility of having a romantic relationship with either of us. I would say that the connection between all three of us has only gotten stronger since the first day. We've become a family.

I said this before in another thread and I'll say it again. A romantic relationship with a tulpa is not a replacement for one with a human, but it's a nice thing to have.

"It's all about synthesis, you don't have to be a real musician. You just synthesize your own reality, synthesize your own talents." -Klayton

My Three Mind Horses

Haven: Tulpa #1

Created on 10-28-14

Aphelion: Tulpa #2

Created on 2-25-15 

Chimera: Self Proclaimed Thoughtform

Created on: Can't remember. Sometime around Easter of 2017.

Warning: I am a huge nerd.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Buddhists didn't create tulpas to satisfy their sexual desires.

Anyway, me and Haven have been in a romantic relationship since the end of the first week of forcing. As for me and Aphelion, I wasn't really sure what her stance was with me when me and Haven created her, but she eventually decided to be our daughter out of gratitude, dropping the possibility of having a romantic relationship with either of us. I would say that the connection between all three of us has only gotten stronger since the first day. We've become a family.

I said this before in another thread and I'll say it again. A romantic relationship with a tulpa is not a replacement for one with a human, but it's a nice thing to have.

I was wondering what you mean by "not a replacement" because Thunder pretty much fills the role a loving wife would

It would not surprise me if that were a Tibetan folktale. The book Frankenstein & Other Man-Made Monsters includes what is ostensibly a Tibetan folktale about a man who has a sage make a tulpa for him, to allow him to fool Death, and also to help him to steal money. In the end, he pays for his selfishness when the tulpa kills him and assumes his identity, and nobody ever realizes he was gone.

I doubt that a tulpa lover folktale would go like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it went more like the traditional selkie folktales from Scottland and areas nearby. In those stories, a man takes a supernatural bride, and she either warns him not to do something or she'll leave him, or perhaps she just finds the item that allows him to control her. Either way, she leaves him, sometimes taking their children with her.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson