adult/mature forum

sushi

I seem to remember someone saying that the IRC has an adult area, but the IRC community and the forum community are very different, and there are clearly people who would like to discuss more mature topics here. I was wondering if we could have an adult forum here -- ideally something visible only to members who are over 18. And it might be nice if the threads didn't appear in searches, including "New Posts" and "Today's Posts" searches, if such a thing is possible.

So how about it? Would it work?

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

From the new posts perspective yeah it should be possible depending on how the search function is coded - theoretically just putting that forum in a seperate branch to the search would work I think..

Off the bat, my thoughts are this:

1. The "adult area" is #tulpa.NSFW, and it is not an official Tulpa.info channel.

2. "Adult" topics are currently allowed to be discussed in the regular on-topic areas, so long as it is done tastefully and maturely. The only kind of adult topics which would not be allowed are that which are discussed in a vulgar or frankly unnecessary way, and I don't think that kind of discussion really has a place on these forums, anywhere. The specifics of sexual encounters with your mind friends (or whatever it is, along those lines) are best kept to yourself, or within your circle of friends, I would say.

What are your thoughts on that?

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I've read a few fairly graphic sex scene explanations throughout PR's that are typically clearly marked and have the Spoilers thing over them. I think clearly marking it works well enough for most people, but there's still the issue that I'm seventeen and have read about a guy in his wonderland body which is a girl-body doin' it with his tulpa which is a guy, with all of the gross details that can come with.

I'll go on and admit that's user-error, and that anyone who reads that stuff when it's properly marked, despite any regret (so much regret..), is to blame, but again, I guess the fact that some of it is so available to minors isn't exaaactly a good thing.

Maybe just an age-locked thread in OT if that's possible? I have no clue if it is. An entire subforum seems kind of.. Excessive, but given the community, I don't doubt it's something that'll get gross amounts of use.

As someone who's about to be eighteen I guess, I don't even really wanna see names popping up in a forum like that, with the possible thread names, regardless of whether I actually read them or not.. *Shudders*

But again, as it stands, plenty of young people here, and plenty of things they shouldn't be seeing popping up. Dunno if that should mean a new subforum, or a ban on overly descriptive and graphic sex scenes/topics (cough cough cough that one cough cough)

It's something I don't think I'd personally have any use for, since I'm not in a sexual relationship with a tulpa. I just figured there would be interest from other members. I know bunny-boi-lover wrote a guide on tulpasex, which there's been interest in, but which she can't post publicly.

Guest Anonymous

In all honesty it would push more kids to make tulpas to have sex with them after seeing the forum. I hate to be that guy, but I really feel like this would corrupt newbies into thinking stuff like "Oh tulpas are great sex partners", newbies don't tend to read PRs often and a forum made for 'adult' stuff with tulpas encourages the mentality some newbies have; Make a tulpa after rainbow dash, or your favorite anime girl, and leave it at that. I can't see any good coming out of it. and tbh, tulpamancy isn't made for kids and kiah put it quite well already

it would push more kids to make tulpas to have sex with them

ideally something visible only to members who are over 18

Guest Anonymous

Most kids fake their age, my point still stands

Enny, about the "graphic sex scenes" in people's PRs... That doesn't sound like a good thing, either. The thing is simply that PRs have gone largely unmoderated. I can say that if I saw an in-depth description of someone having sex with their tulpa, I would definitely do something about it. It's great that it's tagged and all, but that kind of thing just doesn't need to be here. And I don't want there to be a "tulpa literotica" section on these forums. The board wouldn't be viewable to guests, but just think of the image it would give new users, to see that there is an entire section for tulpa sex on a forum which is trying to be somewhat serious and psychological.

I can't see it going well, and I just don't think that kind of content should be posted here.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Seems like a fair point I guess - my disturbing sense of curiosity wants to see that post you describe but for my sake don't link it to me XD

I know certainly when I was a young whipper snapper I would have immediately gravitated towards any area like that - if it was age restricted I would have made a second account immediately.