adult/mature forum

sushi

From a separate thread:

Can we have a separate section for people describing the frick frack with some knick knacks in the wonderland with their wonderlad?

Like, I want it. But I don't want it here. But I want it.

A lot of decent writers here, myself included when I bother exerting myself. I could see that being pretty neat. A lot of ummm.... enthralling literature in one place.

Eve's Note: YES YES YES!!!

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest Anonymous

But it would give the image that tulpamancy has a big part covering sex and being naughty h0rny, which will change the userbase around and in the end, it's hurting the tulps imo.

But it would give the image that tulpamancy has a big part covering sex and being naughty h0rny, which will change the userbase around and in the end, it's hurting the tulps imo.

I think that is a part of the community though. I wouldn't say it hurts the tulpa though, unless that is the primary reason they are conceived.

Kiahdaj, I could totally go with your decision on this, but I have a compulsive need to play devil's advocate.

just think of the image it would give new users, to see that there is an entire section for tulpa sex on a forum which is trying to be somewhat serious and psychological.

Because of course sex has no part in a serious discussion of psychology.

Also, it seems to me that perhaps a waiting period before a new member could see the adult forum would solve many of these problems people are talking about. Or it could be made invitation-only.

Of course the best solution would probably be to make a whole new site for it, so it wouldn't burden Kiahdaj with more work.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Guest Anonymous

I think that is a part of the community though. I wouldn't say it hurts the tulpa though, unless that is the primary reason they are conceived.

Not really. Sex is a part of human community, but people don't go into sexcoffee shops and speak of their sexual experiences. They do it privately and among people they trust, not among randoms on the internet. Excuse my french but that's something completely different. It CAN hurt the tulpa if a host makes a tulpa with malicious intents, even if not primary, and they just don't want to. I know quite a bit of those, having experienced both wanting and not wanting to have sex from a tulpa, they don't function like us human beings just because they hold sentience. And younger tulpas seem affected by that the most. I'm not saying that a tulpa would feel bad if their main reason is to be a sex doll (but it would and I agree), I'm saying that some tulpas just don't want to, or don't feel that. Look at Sock's system, people spoke to one of his folks of incest, broke the little girl. As pleasant as it is, to, and again, excuse my terrible french, attention whores, we have the #tulpa.NSFW channel which is pretty populated, you can speak there with people who share the same mentality, but come on, no need to expose that on a public forum. Even if it's part of tulpamancy, tons of other unethical things are part of tulpamancy, and we don't speak of them at all.

Kiahdaj, I could totally go with your decision on this, but I have a compulsive need to play devil's advocate.

Because of course sex has no part in a serious discussion of psychology.

Also, it seems to me that perhaps a waiting period before a new member could see the adult forum would solve many of these problems people are talking about. Or it could be made invitation-only.

Of course the best solution would probably be to make a whole new site for it, so it wouldn't burden Kiahdaj with more work.

I'll say it broadly: Sex with your tulpa should be kept private. Tulpamancy does not cover psychology from its front, it embodies a psychological phenomenon, but just because tulpas are psychological it doesn't mean that since psychology--->sex, tulpas--->sex.

If you like having sex with your tulpa, then I'm happy for you. But I feel that, beforehand, it could represent disrespect, attention whoring out of something a lot of 'tulpas' would consider 'sacred' in that case, to present it in public in such a broad way. I don't get people like that. There's literally no need to talk of how horny you were and how great it was.

Making a new site for it would be too problematic, and it's too much trouble for what a minor part of the userbase seems to want. More over it would kind of corrupt the newer userbase, you know what people can come up with.

Sorry for my french again but that's my $.02.

Well if you're going to play Devil's Advocate, I'm going to advocate the Devil's advocate.

Sex is, generally speaking, very much a topic of discussion in psychological communities. However the psychologists don't gather together and discuss all the sex they've been having. And even if you don't mean to take this comparison so far as to imply, say, that the psychologists themselves aren't typically allowed to be part of a study, even then, the types of discussions we're discussing discussing here have very little to do with the scientific aspect. We're talking about talking about the act of sex, possible ways to have sex and maybe the morality of said sex. The psychological aspect you claim is rather the why's than the how's, and certainly not the how-I-did's.

Anyways. I believe the psychological discussions of sex should be allowed on this forum like any other, appropriately marked as NSFW of course. No separate subforum or site. If you want to discuss the specifics of tulpa sex, go to the IRC channel. If you want to post about it in a progress report or similar, definitely mark it, but spoiler tags don't waive rules. If you're going to talk about the act of sex, keep it decent in that regard, too. Respect the community's members

who can't resist looking at spoiler tags

, yourself, and your tulpas.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

sushi, like I said: tasteful, relevant, mature discussion is already allowed. I am sure that that section of psychologytoday is not for describing sexual experiences for its own merit, or anything like that. And on the other hand, this site is for the psychology of tulpas—not sex, anyway. Which would mean regular sex psychology would belong in Lounge at most, probably. There could be another board made for the psychology of sex, but that's just not what this site is for, and we don't want to host that.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

sushi, like I said: tasteful, relevant, mature discussion is already allowed. I am sure that that section of psychologytoday is not for describing sexual experiences for its own merit, or anything like that. And on the other hand, this site is for the psychology of tulpas—not sex, anyway. Which would mean regular sex psychology would belong in Lounge at most, probably. There could be another board made for the psychology of sex, but that's just not what this site is for, and we don't want to host that.

As much as I think a section where people share their stories would be fun, I can understand why the mods feel like that. Overall a decision like that may just be for the best. Seeing that as it is now most forums are discussions and peoples questions. It would be a little bit of a step down for the community, we maybe deserve a little better than a lewd board.