What's the best way to go about my Tulpa's personality?

Khron

Hey guys, so I've been talking to a friend who has a tulpa, and he's been giving me some great advice to help me create my own. I've already decided on a name for her, Kiara, and I'm at the personality stage right now. I have a few questions as a beginner, so I can get the best grasp over this as I possibly can, and any help will be extremely appreciated.

Alright, so my questions:

1. I've basically written out in a word document the outlines of her personality, which, if anyone is interested, is linked her: http://pastie.org/10265101 / Having that written out, I was wondering what is the best way to go about creating my Tulpa and telling her about her personality? From my friends suggestion, I basically just close my eyes and imagine I'm talking to her, telling her each trait I've written down, and how it affects her. Is this correct? Is there a better way?

2. Being I'm starting off with personality, I don't have any actual image of what she looks like atm. I do plan to give her a basic form to start with, probably an orb as my friend has suggested, but should I start with visualizing her basic form first, or am I okay with starting with her personality? If I should start with a form for her, is just closing my eyes and thinking, "Okay, here's an orb, boom that's you. Now lets start with your personality" the right way to go about it, or do I need to take hours to mentally see every detail of the orb? If I'm okay with starting on her personality, should I just imagine her as the darkness when I close my eyes and just talk? (I'm sorry if this sounds confusing, I'm still trying to understand myself how to go about this)

3. Lastly, how should I talk to her and tell her about her personalities? Is it a simple "Hello, Kiara. My name is so and so, and I'm your creature. These are your personalities, and now I'll elaborate on how they shape you." Do I just say the traits and what they are and let her decide how to take them? This is probably where my biggest issue lies because I don't want to force her, I do plan on giving her the choice to decide what traits to keep, which she'd like to add, etc, I just wanted to lay out a basis.

So that's it, again, any help at all is appreciated, and I thank anyone that takes the time to just read my question.

I have an answer for 2. It helps if you have a form to look at, but remember they can always change. Sketch was a blue orb until in the middle of our first real forcing session she decided she wanted to be an egg. Personality is fun, don't do it too quick! Also know that a tulpa can deviate, so the personality you decide isn't set in stone. Good luck with Kiara! :D

Tulpa: Len

Form: Kagamine Len

Recent accomplishment: just begun!

He has variations to Kagamine Len (he is just Len), such as usually wearing some form of cat ears (whether it be a headband or on his white hoodie), etc.

1. Sure, that's a pretty solid way to do personality. I don't think that there's a best or perfect way to do it for everyone, though - everyone is different and I'd suggest doing a little bit of experimentation with methods to see what works best for you.

2. A form isn't required for personality work, but it might be a lot easier for you to have something visual to represent your tulpa and direct your thoughts to. If you're not going to use a form, focus on her "essence".

3. If you're looking for some solid things to talk about when you're explaining those traits, I'd suggest Dane's trait template. There's a good chance that your tulpa will deviate from whatever you put in, so don't worry too much.

Hi Khron! I think I can give you some advice about the 3rd question you have. What I would do instead of just listing the personalities to them I would instead bring forth Kiara with the personalities already a part of her. Then talk to her as if you just met them somewhere and get a chance to get to know them in a calm and casual setting. If you find yourself enjoying their company then great! If there are things you don't like you can slowly make changes to weed out what you don't want.

Hi Khron! I think I can give you some advice about the 3rd question you have. What I would do instead of just listing the personalities to them I would instead bring forth Kiara with the personalities already a part of her. Then talk to her as if you just met them somewhere and get a chance to get to know them in a calm and casual setting. If you find yourself enjoying their company then great! If there are things you don't like you can slowly make changes to weed out what you don't want.

Hey! Thanks for replying. I guess I can see where you're going with this, and it sounds like pretty solid advice. My issue with this lies in feeling any 'company' when I'm talking to her. I just started yesterday, so I'm at a stage where I'm just closing my eyes and talking, hoping that she's picking up on what I'm saying. Perceiving her in a way where she's already fleshed out and has her own personality at this very moment doesn't seem like something I can mentally do at the time since I'm still trying to figure out what exactly her personality will consist of. I'm actually still having a bit of a hard time with imagining her in my head, so I'll have to wait on that first I guess. :P But I really appreciate your advice and look forward to applying it to the developing of Kiara.

1. Sure, that's a pretty solid way to do personality. I don't think that there's a best or perfect way to do it for everyone, though - everyone is different and I'd suggest doing a little bit of experimentation with methods to see what works best for you.

2. A form isn't required for personality work, but it might be a lot easier for you to have something visual to represent your tulpa and direct your thoughts to. If you're not going to use a form, focus on her "essence".

3. If you're looking for some solid things to talk about when you're explaining those traits, I'd suggest Dane's trait template. There's a good chance that your tulpa will deviate from whatever you put in, so don't worry too much.

Thanks for the link! That's actually similar to something I was thinking about trying today. The traits I had written out yesterday seemed a bit too little, and I was planning on really sitting down today and writing out an extremely detailed personality sheet.

I have an answer for 2. It helps if you have a form to look at, but remember they can always change. Sketch was a blue orb until in the middle of our first real forcing session she decided she wanted to be an egg. Personality is fun, don't do it too quick! Also know that a tulpa can deviate, so the personality you decide isn't set in stone. Good luck with Kiara! :D

Hey, thanks for replying. After looking through the forums and consulting my friend for some advice in getting started, it does seem everyone feels that having a form of some sort helps with concentration, so I think I'll try to start with getting a basic form for Kiara down before I really hammer in her personality. Thanks for the advice, and I appreciate the luck. :D