Starry Lounge

StarlitCrossing

[align=center]

pixel_twinkling_stars.gif

[/align]

Introduction

Hello! You may call me Sapph.

As a child, I daydreamed a lot. I had a few "imaginary friends", and a place that I escaped to that was basically a shrine for my thoughts and emotions. It changed drastically depending on my ideals at the time.

Today, that place still exists in my mind and I go there often when I'm trying to sleep or when I'm feeling melancholic or sentimental. It looks completely different to when I was a child, but I imagine it to be the same place.

I discovered Tulpas only recently, but the concept has always been something of great interest to me. After a lot of thought I have decided I want to give it a go. I will use the place in my dreams as my Wonderland, I'll provide a quick drawing of it later.

I have jotted down a basic list of what I would like my Tupla's personality to be like. You can view it here. This is just a base, I don't mind at all how he turns out, I'm positive I'll like it. (I used this for the traits.)

When trying to outline his personality in my head, I had an overwhelming emotion I could not describe. It was a positive feeling for sure, but I have no idea what it would be. I remember having this feeling once before in a dream I had a few years ago, I wonder if it's linked somehow?

I do not have a name for him as of yet, but I believe he would be some sort of demon from the feeling I experienced.

I will try narrating to him tonight, I'll post my results in the morning.

Star light, star bright.

My progress report.

Guest Anonymous

Nice to meet you Saph! My name is Melian! Yer idea of a tulpa sounds pretty cool, 'cept that demons can be meanies. I hope you think bout that. I don't understand why people make meanie unsociable tulpas that make them feel bad. I would avoid that if you can. Just some advice. If you are successful, yer tulpa will be with you fer life and stuff.

I like yer starry lounge idea of a wonderland thingy.

Uhm. Okay I guess that's it.

OH wait, I became a dungeon master today! I am going to help my host Davie create dungeons for the first time. I have sortof influenced him before, but this time I am going to be formally a "gamer god" and design parts of the adventure. I have all kinds of ideas. I think they will have to go fishing for candy fishies and fight a giant plush golem teddy bear. There will be rose colored water in a waterfall grotto and flowers and butterflies and they have to rescue the fairy village from ... giant spiders I think or something icky.

~Melian

Hello Melian, nice to meet you! Thank you for the advice. I think demon may have been the wrong term, I just wasn't sure what else to call him for now. Something not exactly human but with a human form I guess! We will see in time what he'll turn out to be. I will try hard to make sure he isn't mean! That definitely isn't what I want haha.

Ohh being a dungeon master sounds wonderful! I love the idea of candy fish, I wish they were real haha. Your ideas are all great, quite similar to what I would think up haha. I hope it goes well for you. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Again thank you for the advice, it was lovely meeting you. :)

Update 1:

30/6/2015

Active Forcing: 15 minutes

I introduced myself last night, and told him a bit about myself. I explained what sort of traits I would like him to have briefly, and spent a while just telling him what I was doing at the time. After I had finished and was about to go to bed, a name popped into my head. "Deimos". I definitely don't think it was me parroting or anything, because I wasn't even thinking about a name. It felt very surreal to me. I'd never even heard the name before then. I looked it up and it's the name of a deity as well as one of Mars' moons, maybe he chose that name for himself?

Either way it got me very excited and hopeful for the future. I'll stick with the name Deimos because it's important to me now. I don't think the name has anything to do with his personality, it might just be something he liked the sound of. We shall see.

I'll post again as I progress with things.

Star light, star bright.

My progress report.

Guest Anonymous

Whao. First, you had the impression that he might be a demon. Then the name Deimos comes to you. That is kinda cool. Like he was trying to tell you his name before. Demon and Deimos are similar in smelling a bit.

~Melian

Yeah! I thought it was really interesting. I'm excited to work with Deimos.

Update 2:

1/7/2015

Active Forcing: 30 minutes

I spent half an hour or so going through Deimos' traits and explaining each one, we took a personality test based on the traits I chose and explained the results to him. He got ENTJ, ENFJ, INTJ, ISFJ and a few others because the answers weren't accurate enough, we'll take it again in the future and see if it's narrowed down a bit more once he fleshes out more.

An interesting thing happened whilst in the shower, I asked if he'd prefer the water be hotter or colder, and I felt an urge to turn it up all the way even though it would burn me. After explaining that it would cause me pain the urge stopped. This also leads me to think even more that he isn't human, since a normal human wouldn't be able to stand that much heat.

I sketched a base of a humanoid character, and told him I would add features to it as I begin to get a visualization of him. It's currently just a silhouette. I will post images as I progress with it.

At the current time I visualize him as a wisp, some kind of purplish ball of energy. I also feel like his hair would be purple, but that's all I can see so far.

Star light, star bright.

My progress report.

Update 3:

2/7/2015

Active Forcing: 1 hour

I spent an hour this morning forcing with Deimos, I opened up rainy mood and typed up several pages of how I would interact with him and what his reactions to things would be. I explained his personality to him again briefly. I told him my favourite animal was a bird, and asked what his favourite animal is, and to my surprise the word phoenix came into my mind. I'm almost certain this wasn't me parroting, because by animal I meant an animal on this world, not a mythical creature. This is another factor that leads me to think that he isn't human.

Interestingly, as I was typing and imagining scenes as I typed, features of Deimos became more apparent to me, the first thing that I visualized was his hands, his nails are longer than a normal human's, and they're dark purple/black. It was so bizarre to me because I wasn't imagining features, they were just coming into my head as I progressed with the typing.

So far I can say that he has long, dark purple/black hair, and his skin is a very pale purple. I've also managed to see that he wears a very large coat as you would a cape, and it's pulled together in the middle with a string. He also has red eyes, and wears boots that cover the majority of his calf. I'll draw him quickly sometime to give a better picture of what he looks like.

Another interesting thing that happened today, I burnt myself whilst cooking breakfast, it was only very minor but I saw a very brief flash of Deimos' face, and it appeared upset. I didn't even have my mind on him at the time because I was cooking, so it kind of took me aback.

I've told my fiancé a bit about Tulpas and he is very supportive, which makes me very happy.

I'm going to put together a playlist tonight of songs that I think would suit Deimos, and I'll draw him how I visualized it.

Question:

Does anyone feel that drawing their tulpa or making a playlist based off of them helps with the tulpa's progression?

Star light, star bright.

My progress report.

Hey! I saw you on another progress report stating that you were new and realized you have your own progress report. I'm really jealous of your progress so far, but also motivated to continue on with my tulpa as I'm pretty new to this as well. xD I'm looking forward to seeing your sketch of Deimos, and wish you luck on your progression.

Update 4:

3/4/15

4/4/15

Active Forcing: 40 minutes

I've continued to go on with forcing everyday, it's been working really well. I'm beginning to feel a presence with me almost all day, and Deimos pops into my head very often, almost as if he's reminding me that he's here with me. Progress is going steadily but I'm content with just knowing he's with me.

Probably the biggest thing that happened is that I started noticing that when I'm forcing I get a pressure on the left side of my head, each day I force it gets more apparent. It's mostly in my temple and in my neck. I asked a few yes/no questions, asking him to apply more pressure to my head if it's a yes. It's worked a few times, which I'm really happy about.

Each time I force I feel compelled to say good morning to him, even though it's usually night time when I force. Maybe he's nocturnal.

Forcing is actually really relaxing and enjoyable for me because it reminds me of when I used to daydream when I was younger. I look forward to it everyday, it actually helps me sleep better.

I've been working on my dream recall so hopefully I'll be able to start working on lucid dreams in the future.

I made a playlist based on songs I thought suited Deimos, I also drew what I visualized him as a few times. I'll attach a drawing to this post.

I found out his favourite flower is wisteria, which I think suits him a lot. I also think his favourite colour is red but I'm not 100% on that one, so I'll ask him again at a later date.

I'll update more as more happens.

deimos.png.3f01d019cb986618e873430e409dd06a.png

Star light, star bright.

My progress report.

Update 5:

Hey again. I haven't been working with Deimos too much in the past few days because I got some new pet birds and at the end of each day I was so buggered that I just... Fell asleep. I've been trying hard to maintain narration though, it's difficult for me to remember to do so, so I'm thinking of getting a bracelet to remind me of Deimos.

I've forced for a total of about 30 minutes in 3 days but I plan on forcing a lot more tonight now that the birds are all settled.

When I was forcing I found out that his favourite flower is wisteria, and I visualized him walking down a path with wisteria arching over the top that was seemingly never ending, but eventually he arrived in our wonderland. Symbolization maybe?

The more I progress with him, the more nostalgic this all feels. It's almost as if he's related to the imaginary friends I had when I was younger. I've also decided on a voice for Deimos, I listen to it regularly, so hopefully Deimos picks it up. I'm going to try reading things in my head with his voice so it sticks in my mind.

I'm going to force properly tonight to make up for lost time. I'll update in the morning.

Star light, star bright.

My progress report.

Update 6:

11/7/2015

So, last night I dreamt about Deimos for the first time. Some weird things happened. One weird thing is that it was from his point of view, and I wasn't in the dream at all, which is very unique for me. The other weird thing is that his appearance deviated greatly from what he originally showed me. The dream is very interesting to me so I'll type it:

In this dream, Deimos was a god of death/destruction, but he wasn't a bad guy at all. He was very compassionate for humans and loved them dearly, but humans despised him. He balanced out the world, but the humans didn't realise that.

There was a great evil threatening the village he lived near, and an oracle told Deimos that only he could destroy it, because his compassion for humans is what fueled his power and counteracted the threat. So, Deimos destroyed the evil but the humans still didn't like Deimos, in fact, they were even more scared of him.

I'm not sure what Deimos is trying to tell me, but after that dream I feel like Deimos is really "here", if that makes sense. I can feel a presence and sometimes get glimpses of him just sitting there. His appearance looks a lot more like he did in the dream. This dream is the first dream I have ever remembered this vividly.

When I was forcing, I had the feeling that he was behind me, but the feeling went away whenever I opened my eyes. I haven't heard him speaking to me yet, but I feel like he's trying to communicate but it's not getting through.

I'll draw his new appearance sometime.

Question: Does anyone's Tulpa(e) communicate to them via their dreams?

Star light, star bright.

My progress report.