Just a couple of questions

Vrael

Well, i have two questions regarding Tulpa creation.

The first being, is there a set order of instructions e.g. Should i do personality before i start on visualization?

Also, if/when i am successful in creating my Tulpa, i read pieces on Tulpae being able to shapeshift if they are created that way, is that true? It just might be something i wish to incorporate into my process.

Thanks in advance!

1) There is no set order in which to do things, so just do whatever feels right. If that means visualization first, do that. If it means personality first, do that. Also, don't feel like you have to finish one aspect before you work on another. Go back and forth on visualization and personality if that works, for example. There really is no "wrong" way to do this.

2) All tulpas are capable of "deviating" (as we call it) from their form if they so wish. It's not a trait they specifically need to be given. Basically the way deviation works is that if you choose a form for your tulpa, there's a good chance they'll make some changes to that appearance, either a lot or a little, and therefore deviate from the form you had in mind. Similarly, if you don't choose a form for your tulpa and let them look however they want to look, they'll likely change their mind at least a few times, or make small changes to their appearance over time.

Most tulpas don't change their form too often (although some do), but if you want your tulpa to have multiple forms that they switch between all the time (which I think is closer to what you wanted with the shapeshifter thing), you can do that, too, so long as they want to change forms and not just stick with one. My tulpa Kael, for example, changes size all the time -- he could be the size of a horse one moment and the size of a mouse the next. It's never really concrete. You can create a tulpa like that, too, if you like. They can have really any "power" you want them to have. Still, what Kael does is a bit different from deviation -- deviation would be like when I originally wanted Kael to have a red and dark gray color scheme, but now he's more red and white, and the shape of his body has changed, too. Those are changes he wanted to make because he liked his form better that way, and he really hasn't gone back on them.

Does that make sense?

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

1. No. There's no specific order that you've got to follow for this to work. If you want to do visualization first, go for it. The same could be said about personality. In fact, you don't need to create a personality for it at all! If you don't, they'll form their own. That tends to make things pretty interesting :P

2. I assume you mean changing form when you mean shapeshift, as opposed to "shapeshifting" into other personalities or something weird. Yes, tulpae are able to change their form at will. This is really nice for several reasons. One, you don't have to get all worried before creation about how they'll look. If they don't like the form you've given to them, they'll change it. Two, they'll never

or at least I don't see any reason that they would

get upset about the way they look. So that gets rid of a potential source of tension, which is always nice :P

Markus seems very fond of taking advantage of this particular variable. He tends to flip flop through all sorts of forms, although they're usually human and almost always humanoid. Gender doesn't seem to matter to him. It actually gets slightly aggravating when I have to refer to him as a her in one post, then a he in a subsequent post. Poor me, amirite? But yeah, form isn't set in stone.

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!