Personality questions

Howdy, I'm new. (Excuse me if I sound too noob-ish or something)

Over the past week or so I've been reading guides on personality and stuff. Generally, they emphasize the importance of a personality when you're making your tulpa, but they don't explain that much on developing a personality.

I'm not that creative, so thinking of a whole personality and stuff like that and making it realistic has been tough so far. I'm wondering how tulpamancers with formed tulpas thought of their tulpa's personality, or if there is some tried-and-true method I am missing.

As the wise Homer Simpson once said,

"D'oh!"

I would suggest looking up lists of personality traits, like the ones they make for aspiring writers. They usually have a lot, so write down a few that you'd like your tulpa to have.

To "force" it into the tulpa, imagine describing its personality to it.

Example: You're a cheerful and positive person, so you always look at the bright side of things. You also like to keep others positive with you, so you enjoy cheering people up.

Just know that you don't have to force a personality into a tulpa. I didn't do that for mine, and their personalities developed on their own.

I really don't think forcing personality is all that important. I let Bud develop on his own. If I did to anything to have real impact, I simply told him about the kind of people or particular things about people I like or dislike.

How do I let my tulpa form it's own personality? I've read that not forcing a personality into the tulpa manually turns it into a servitor.

As the wise Homer Simpson once said,

"D'oh!"

How do I let my tulpa form it's own personality? I've read that not forcing a personality into the tulpa manually turns it into a servitor.

Don't tell your tulpa how it's supposed to think or act. Just talk to it like a person. You can tell it about your day, or even some of your memories. Once it starts talking, try to ask it simple questions, like, "Is your favorite color red?" When it starts talking in more complete sentences, that's usually where you'll be able to evaluate its personality (although it could occur before that).

Don't tell your tulpa how it's supposed to think or act. Just talk to it like a person. You can tell it about your day, or even some of your memories. Once it starts talking, try to ask it simple questions, like, "Is your favorite color red?" When it starts talking in more complete sentences, that's usually where you'll be able to evaluate its personality (although it could occur before that).

Exactly that. Treat them as if they are already a thinking, feeling, sentient being. That's what helps form them into one.

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly that. Treat them as if they are already a thinking, feeling, sentient being. That's what helps form them into one.

Great tip. I will being trying that with my tulpa. Thanks you.

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda