Your best sense?

Your best sense?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Your best sense?

Searching "Sense" didn't turn anything up that I can see, so lay off if there's already something out there like this.

I'm curious as to what everyone experiences to be their best sense, in-regards to working on their tulpa(s). The norm, I'm sure, is sight, but I'd like to see what the ratio to people who excel in other areas is. Maybe we can draw out some people who excel in licking their tuppers from top to bottom, to impart some of their wisdom?

I'd also be curious to know how you believe you got to the point where you are, in your most proficient sense. Whether from a guide around here, or experiences in life.

If you're proficient in many areas, just list the one you consider best, or if two or more are tied, explain for multiple.

I'll start, I guess.

I would rate myself for an 8-9/10 on touch. Which is odd, given the below-5 on everything else. As best as I can figure, it started as a kid who hated the feeling of certain objects. The feeling of the soles of my shoes rubbing against the vinyl material on the bus, the feeling of my fingernails scratching the smooth side of a poster-board. Many, many things gave me the worst kind of goosebumps, and I would obsess over them in my mind, to the point where they would be locked in.

So eventually, I started thinking about it near-constantly, and would try to find less-unpleasant feelings to replace the bad ones. This led me to, I guess, obsessively memorizing textures. As it stands, I can fairly well identify, and avoid, nonpleasant materials just by sight, or identify whatever object, and associate an accurate feeling with it, with no thought.

Which I figure isn't a very uncommon thing, but I like to think I'm better than the average person, at least. If not, and touch is literally the easiest thing that everyone has ever experienced, keep it to yourselves and let me have my pride, haha.

But yeah, let me hear it, I'm curious.

I've always been good at visualizing things, because I spent a lot of my younger years daydreaming away. I'd say my smell's also fairly good, because I liked imagining nice-smelling things in said daydreams sometimes, but it's probably not vote-worthy.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

I'd say my best sense is hearing. I enjoy listening to the small details in noises and music, however for details in other senses, I usually pay no mind to them.

Tulpas:

Melody - Creation Date: October 21st, 2014

Pumpkin - Creation Date: January 2015

my mastodon - my other mastodon

We're gonna try to post more often, but you know, no promises or whatever.

(Wrote my original post without even realizing the meaning of the OP, sorry)

I put both sight and hearing (the poll let me do that, lol) because sight is my strongest sense when I'm well practiced/not rusty, but pretty bad when I'm out of practice while I can always hear them. Is mindvoice a sense? I'm good with clarity of intention.

May be worth noting that my tulpas would all put "touch" as theirs while possessing. They get some feeling of oneness and calmness from engaging their senses that I normally don't, and touch is one of the strongest.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I would say touch. I’m decent at visualization, but that’s only because of practice. I don’t always trust the mindvoice, so my tulpa can always fall back on touch if he needs to. It’s his favorite way of communicating with me, anyway.

He also brings up tons of music and mental sound clips based on the context or the mood he’s trying to convey. He’s not vocal yet, though I have to admit that the music is often far more effective than plain speech. He’s brought up lyrics I’ve heard a dozen times but never fully analyzed before.

Progress report

Personal blog

I've never actually considered touch as a tool for communicaton, so much as just something to do to fill out time. I spend decent amounts of time just going up and down Peachy's body when I've got nothing else to do, which is pretty boring after a while. Though, actual communication seems a bit beyond me, as it's reliant on sentience, or whatever the case may be.

Might be worth noting, and I don't know how I forgot to mention this in the OP, that I'm mainly curious of sense in relation to tuppers, else this would be in Lounge. Though, general sense is cool too, I guess. I mean, in real life, I can definitely touch things and feel the hell out of them. Just, rub my hands all over objects. My touch is definitely great, there, aha.

But yeah, was more-so referencing the fact that it's great in the kind of non-tangible way, like with tuppering. I'll edit the OP right quick.

Well, as for communicating with my two, hearing is miles ahead of the other senses. We don't have any fallback method of communicating, mainly because mindvoice is so reliable for us.

Tulpas:

Melody - Creation Date: October 21st, 2014

Pumpkin - Creation Date: January 2015

my mastodon - my other mastodon

We're gonna try to post more often, but you know, no promises or whatever.

Touch. I'm not entirely sure why. Hearing is a close second.

I'm just starting out with the whole tulpa business though, so things might change in future.

For some reason, my visualisation is just awful, even though I had tons of imaginary worlds and imaginary friends as a kid.

In particular, I just struggle with making things vivid. Even when I had some lucid dreams, nothing felt even close to vaguely lifelike. Same goes for memories, which has actually resulted in me not going to "fun" things a fair few times because "well, it's just a temporary experience I won't be able to experience again afterwards, so what's the point?".

Whenever people say they've had dreams that felt like real life or memories where they felt they were reliving the experience I'm just like - "?!?!? D:"

Scent.

I can think about a smell and actually smell it, faintly. I tested it with lavender and mint before I answered.

Tulpa: Len

Form: Kagamine Len

Recent accomplishment: just begun!

He has variations to Kagamine Len (he is just Len), such as usually wearing some form of cat ears (whether it be a headband or on his white hoodie), etc.

But nobody yet to impart their ancient knowledge and experiences regarding tulpa-licking, huh?

Shame.. Maybe some day.