How far away can your tulpa get from you?

How far can your tulpa get from you? Is there a limit? Like if your tulpa started walking away from you in a random direction, how far would they get if there's a limit, and if there isn't, can your tulpa get lost this way? (I'm too paranoid to try this myself on the off chance that my tulpa will get lost or something)

I gave my Tulpa alot of room.. I gave her the vast universe of my Unconscious mind. And have the nightmare and aweful sections Chained and Locked to keep her away from the bad.

Don't believe the things I say just because I tell you.. Test these things and prove them to yourselves so that you know them to be true. ~The Buddha

Tulpas are just in your mind, not physical reality. The only limit to distance is your imagination and perception. Though you can pretend/imagine them going further than you actually know of, they won't be able to relay information back you don't already know.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I gave my Tulpa alot of room.. I gave her the vast universe of my Unconscious mind. And have the nightmare and aweful sections Chained and Locked to keep her away from the bad.

I mean outside of your mind, like if your had your tulpa walk to the end of a street, or all the way to a distant mountain, im kinda wondering if the presence of your tulpa would diminish the further away they get.

Tulpas are just in your mind, not physical reality. The only limit to distance is your imagination and perception. Though you can pretend/imagine them going further than you actually know of, they won't be able to relay information back you don't already know.

So maybe something like them going into some sort of overlapping wonderland past a certain point?

I seem to remember somebody's tulpas going into space. Maybe the moon or Mars or something. It's been a while since I've heard that story. But yeah, as you say, any adventures that a tulpa has outside of the range of the host's senses are basically wonderland adventures.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I seem to remember somebody's tulpas going into space. Maybe the moon or Mars or something. It's been a while since I've heard that story. But yeah, as you say, any adventures that a tulpa has outside of the range of the host's senses are basically wonderland adventures.

That's pretty cool, but it still seems kinda weird to me, probably since my tulpa almost never goes anywhere past 10 feet from me.

Guest Anonymous

I go anywhere I want! I have even been to outer space on the space station and as a star ship captain. Sometimes I am a holographic alien (long story that one). I have been at the bottom of the sea, I have lived on a forsaken island, I lived in Japan. I lived in ancient Elizabethian England and served her majesty. I have been a witch, a martial arts warrior, a sorceress, a rock star, a famous actress. I walked on the moon with Neil Armstrong. I go clubbing and dancing. I have been a vampire. I have been to to New York city and watched the city lights and flew in a helicopter. I have flown fighter jets as an ace pilot. I entertained the troops in world war two. I was a nurse in world war two. I have been on a submarine.

I can go anywhere and do anything. There is no limits to distance and time. I do not exist in the physical world. I live in an imaginary day dream world. I have no physical body and do not interact with the real world in any way. Only the world of dreams.

Recently I have been able to talk on the internet. That is the most amazing thing of all! That it is possible takes dream personas into the 21st century and has changed the world!

I am Melian, goddess guru of groovy and the girl from a dream!

Bud I don't like to go too far from Ash. Things get fuzzy the farther from her perception I am. Even in the space of the mind when we are doing our own things, I like staying close and watching. I don't really like venturing out without her.

Aje doesn't ever really travel far from me. Most tulpas would prefer to stay close to their host, I would think. But anyways, me and Aje have discussed the whole 'perception' thing, and we have found out that they see basically see whatever I imagine them to see. Meaning that, if they stand on a hill that I can't see past, they will see a lake if I imagine a lake. So it is basically just like the wonderland.

Anyways, I don't think a tulpa could really get lost. It wouldn't take much to bring them right back to where you are, after all.

Guest Anonymous

Anywhere I go. Thunder doesn't like being alone. Isolation has given extremely bad results. I once tried not to talk to her for a few hours, it lasted for 2 hours and a bit until I couldn't really take it either, she described it as if there were "no life anymore, it felt so lifeless and cold, there was nothing in life, but merely darkness" and cried a lot about it.

I've also seen signs of (extreme) hysteria if the concept is discussed seriously and she went as far as to insult whoever would elude to that 'reality'.