Separation exercise

Cjero

Question

(edited)

Disclaimer

Tulpamancy is a heavily subjective phenomenon where there are no set right and wrong so the written content may not be useful or applicable for you. There are usually exceptions to many things and when reading a blanket statement it is likely to keep the text short and sweet. If any claims are made it is likely based off of personal experiences and interactions of others. Please enjoy your read!

Separation

Written by Cjero

Theory

Many tulpamancers struggle with distinguishing their tulpas' thoughts with their own leading to confusion and loss of motivation in. This exercise is aimed to help increase the marginal gap between the host and tulpa. This will be done by simultaneously exercising conflicting emotions, ideals, opinions and the likes.

At first glance this may seem similar to puppeting*. However the clear distinction is that you have your tulpa do their part. This exercise can be done with younger tulpas as well since all that is required is for them to understand and comply.

*puppeting is also an option, it'll be similar to personality forcing

Examples

- You and your tulpa project opposite emotions aimed at a certain individual or character. One could for example love Superman while the other could hate them. One intensifying their like and the other dislike for this character simultaneously.

- Focus on an orb within the mind and keep pouring opposing emotions within it as a meditation exercise.

Conclusion

The exercise comes down to forcing conflicting thoughts and emotions to split the two minds from each other more and more over the course of time. As a result it should be easier to distinguish your thoughts from your tulpa by getting used to the sensation and telling the brain that you two are not the same.

Edited by Ranger
Fixed broken code

You'll regret it. I'm telling you. Unless you just want to role-play, then go ahead.

9 answers to this question

Separation rather than seperation, might want to correct that typo in the title, yeah?

Simple thing that could work, not seeing anything exactly wrong with this for Tips and Tricks. I don't think it's a repeat either, could be a fun game to play where you try all kinds of different things and learn more about your tuppers. I do have to ask before I approve, though: what does "You could also simply project it to a thoughtform within the mind" mean? What is it in this sentence?

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Ah, an exercise where one explores the opinions of a tulpa as a comparative analysis to find any nuances from what they (the host) may agree, and live by. Approved.

As for the thoughtform thing, maybe they were implying something like NPCs, or whatever word people utilize to distinguish entities in our heads that may not be a part of us wanting to treat them as sentient, and what have you. Like, our imagination, and not taking things further, and considering those entities as transient thoughts vs. the methodologies we go through to affirm the implied existence of a tulpa who may, depending on who you ask, go further than just simple imagination, I guess.

I'm still a bit confused about the edited line, this is still talking about the same thing? How is it a meditation exercise? What are you doing exactly? How is it different from just asking a tulpa "what do you think about x" or is this about something else? If it isn't something that is a part of this tip, you shouldn't really have it and I fail to see what you mean.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I'm still a bit confused about the edited line, this is still talking about the same thing? How is it a meditation exercise? What are you doing exactly? How is it different from just asking a tulpa "what do you think about x" or is this about something else? If it isn't something that is a part of this tip, you shouldn't really have it and I fail to see what you mean.

What I mean is the following: create an object, being, or simply symbolise an orb within the mind. Project one emotion on it while your tulpa does the opposite; Sadness Vs. Happiness, Anger Vs. Pleasure and so forth.

You'll regret it. I'm telling you. Unless you just want to role-play, then go ahead.

Yeah, I'll say approved for Tips. Not really in-depth, but useful and fun.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

What I mean is the following: create an object, being, or simply symbolise an orb within the mind. Project one emotion on it while your tulpa does the opposite; Sadness Vs. Happiness, Anger Vs. Pleasure and so forth.

I see. Could you add that exercise in the post if you think it's fun enough to include in this? I don't think just one vague sentence does it justice, explain how we should proceed.

Yes, looking good now. Tips and Tricks.