Universe Law of Attraction

Elvode

Just want to point out that it's ok if you don't believe this works.

Anyway, do anyone in here use Universe Law of Attraction?

It's a movie that I haven't seen but it's also a documentary, it's about changing the way you think and attract good things in life that you desire.

I saw this documentary some years ago and used it on a guy I didn't know to try it out, I did like they said in the documentary, I imagined he would find me in a community and I imagined what he would write to me specifically and that's what this guy did, he found me and wrote the very same things as I imagined, we became friends.

I still use universe law of attraction to attract things in life that I need or want, like a sun protecting hat, don't know the english word for it, some days later I got a commercial about my ice cream truck gonna sell the hats for a limited time, I bought one.

I wanted a specific pokemon plushie really bad, I imagined it would lower in price, three days later the price was decreased with 20 dollars and was affordable, I bought it.

I felt that I needed more covers, cause I only had two in total one for me and one for my dog as bed, I needed spare covers in case of dog accident emergency, some days later my sister gave me her covers, she said she didn't need them anymore, I got one spare for me and one for my dog, just like I wished for.

What do you think? Interested? not? do you use it? sceptical? none believer?

People around me usually tell me "your so lucky." "you get what you need." I always reply "Universe gave me this."

Perhaps those are things people call coincidences.

**Proud to be a drug free thoughtform!**

Perhaps this belongs in the metaphysics section? Dunno, though. Kiah, your judgement?

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guest Anonymous

Reminds me of the Power of Positive Thinking and Selective Perception. The universe is what you expect it to be to some extent. It is all about perception and expectations. There is nothing metaphysical in that.

It's kinda like the power of prayer. It has been documented how prayer helps people do things like heal or feel happier and more secure.

Yeah, I'm a non-believer. I mean I'm the last person to tell you that imagination and faith don't have any effect. I believe in tulpas and the placebo effect and hypnosis. I don't believe that your imagination or prayer has any effect outside your physical body.

I don't believe in the law of attraction because my mother's parents are Christian Scientists. That's the kooky faith-healing religion that gets into the news whenever one of their children dies because her parents denied her medical attention.

I've read up on Christian Science. Christian Scientists die ten years earlier than the rest of the population on average -- and often of diseases that modern medicine can treat with more than 90% success.

As I recall, Oprah (who has spouted this law of attraction crap for years) recently expressed some concern when one of her viewers dropped chemotherapy because the law of attraction was going to cure her cancer.

The placebo effect is one thing, but neither God nor any "universal law" has ever healed an amputee. Statistically speaking, they don't heal other diseases either. When a person believes the law of attraction will cure her cancer ... well, every once in a while there's a lucky coincidence which "proves" it all to the believers. But for every miracle cure, there are hundreds of thousands of uncured deaths that didn't make the news.

The law of attraction kills people. I mean if you want to believe that you caused a hundred dollar bill to suddenly appear on the sidewalk, I'm not going to fight with you -- but if you have a disease, please put medicine above any supposed "universal law".

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Guest Anonymous

My grandmother, a very conservative real world woman, often would say "Wish in one hand and shit in the other. Which one will fill up faster?" Crude, but it was to the point. Sometimes imagination and just wishing for something isn't quite real enough I am afraid.

I wouldn't ever trust the law of attraction to heal anything, that seems... Quite unhealthy and wouldn't recomend it for that purpose.

If there are medication for something it should be used except for headaches, I never use painkillers for headaches.

I read once about people who didn't believe in medication to cure their child, they used the power of god, which didn't end up so well.

But I do believe with the right mindset you can attract things in life.

I both believe in it, and dont believe in it.

Is it something you should do if you want? Yeah, go for it

Is it something you should rely on, and forsake other real things for? Definitely not

It would be a great addition to your life, but do not rely on it, and do not value it above other more real things.

The only reason I somewhat believe in it, is because of a thought I had once when I was little

that everything, that exists, known or unknown, was probably thought of at some point by something, and nothing exists that has never once been thought of in the past present or future.

“Eragon looked back at him, confused. "I don't understand."

"Of course you don't," said Brom impatiently. "That's why I'm teaching you and not the other way around.”

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/08/the-law-of-attraction/

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2007/02/the-1-mistake-people-make-when-using-the-law-of-attraction/

And related articles near the bottom.

Well, I'm a firm believer. But this is a touchy subject, the kind where those who don't fully grasp it may hurt themselves with it. You've probably heard me say "Your beliefs create your reality", and the Law of Attraction is just practical use of that fact. My "It worked for me !!!" story is tl;dr I fully believed and put the intent out to meet a friend who I could really talk to, who could understand me and vice versa. My friends at the time (and even now) were just... You know, friends. I didn't have anyone other than my tulpas I could really talk to, who I could help or be helped by with all the work I put into creating a better life. And literally two days later, I was introduced to a friend of one of my friends, whom I immediately connected with. They found what I had to say interesting, and I found that they actually listened, a true rarity for me. We went on to become each others' closest friends, still to this day, and that friend is who told me "Reisen sounds kind of like a tulpa" and helped me find this place.

So, is it magic? Did I affect the universe with my imagination and desire so much I changed reality and was given what I wanted?

No. I made the belief, and my receptiveness to that belief becoming a reality, much stronger. The fact that this, or anything happened so fast is coincidence, or rather selection bias of all the things that don't work versus the one that does. That friend-to-be had existed for plenty of time, I could've met them at any point. But, believing in the Law of Attraction, I opened myself up to meeting such a person and influenced my life in a way that made it a reality. It's just like placebo, Sushi, or "Power of Positive Belief", Mistgod. And it's a bit deeper than it's usually presented, which is what leads to terrible beliefs like "I will find $100 on the ground", or "I know my terminal cancer will dissapear."

The healthy version of those beliefs, which really work with the Law of Attraction, are "I welcome and intend for more wealth to flow into my life", and "I will find many ways to enjoy the time I have left." See the difference, maybe? In the first, you unconsciously start making better decisions, saving money when you can, doing things that may help money show up in your life. Telling your friends you're looking for a job, and so on. But it just happens naturally, because of that belief and intent you have, so when one of those friends happens to say "Hey, my friend's got a job for you", it seems like magic. It seems like, hey, it worked! The Law of Attraction made money appear in my life! And the second is self-explanatory. You fully believe you're going to enjoy the remaining time in your life... and you do. You feel great joy spending time with your loved ones, you have more optimistic and positive thoughts, you count your blessings. And before you die, it worked! The Law of Attraction made my life way better than it was!

So, sure. I understand why some of you are so against it, because you've seen people misuse and misunderstand it. I suppose the way it's presented - "Believe you'll get what you want and you will" - is a bit dangerous. But it's an invaluable tool for those who understand how and why it works, or at least those who know how to hold healthy beliefs. It's sort of like placebo, and it's often related to how increasing the positivity of your thinking seems to improve the quality of the events in your life. It's a bit different and more goal-oriented, but nonetheless invaluable. It's worked for me for years, mostly because Steve helped me understand it through his articles. It's not a "Believe you'll get money, sit down and wait", it's a "Believe that obtaining more money is possible, and do everything in your power to do so. And you will!" It's empowering, it's focusing, and to some it's dangerous to misunderstand. But if you use it right, understand how it does and doesn't work, it can easily change your life, by empowering you to change your life.

This post brought to you by someone with a history of motivation issues, who's found the goal-focusing and motivational "placebo effect" from the Law of Attraction extremely useful.

Related story.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Reisen, how come your so smart and wise everyday all the time? I enjoy reading your posts. :3 <3