Mafia VII: The Virus (new players accepted until the game is over)

sushi

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, let me put this a bit more clearly, as I haven't done a very good job of explaining it the first time.

For those of you who are infected, you need to infect an innocent before you can start killing. So it's important to figure out who's innocent before the Anti-Virus figures out who you are and turns you into an innocent.

If an Infected tries to infect any character who isn't innocent or brainwashed, they'll get a message that the character is immune, but no explanation as to why.

At present, nobody is brainwashed, but whenever one virus has infected a second person, a random character will be brainwashed by the virus and receive the brainwashed PM. Brainwashed characters win when the virus that infected them wins. They don't know who's infected by that virus, and the people infected by it don't know who they are.

(Did I make this game far too complicated?)

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Perhaps we should just drop the Brainwashed? Without them, we just have three different mafias, each with limited recruitment ability. And potentially the town could eliminate some or all mafias before they have a chance to kill.

*Takes out deathnote*

I am Kira...

Oh wait... wrong version of mafia.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Yeah, maybe we should scrap this one entirely and start over.

My idea was that one of the viruses (at least) would not last through the first few days, and we'd be down to two opposing mafias and a faction of innocents.

Ok. Change of rules. The infected are all on the same team. I'll PM you three to let you know who the others are. There is no infection, no recruitment, no brainwashing, just killing like in standard Mafia.

The day begins now.

##Killbadguys

Should we just abstain, or nah, though? It never really seems to do much, and we're always guessing based on anecdotal evidence by day 2, anyway. I don't have any anecdotal evidence, or even gut feels as of now though, so I have no clue who to go for. If anyone else finds killing a random dude on day one to be a good idea, I'll probably go with it. If not, for now then, ##Abstain