Helpful ways to stay focused

H1ena

Guest Anonymous

What is the walking meditation called? Is there a form of meditation that can be done while jogging? If I could get into a meditative state whole jogging I could wipe out marathons easy.

It's exclusive to the meditation retreat called Wat Rampoeng, and to my knowledge they don't give out any information on it unless you join. Although the walking meditation is just a very slow paced walk around the room you're confined to, and I doubt it'd work during any intense physical work outs like jogging or running marathons.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final 72 hours are what's called the "determination". It's basically non-stop meditation with no sleeping, no eating, and no breaks what-so-ever.

do they expect you to just use the bathroom on yourself while tranced out or would they place you on a toilet with your pants down for the duration of the meditation

Name: Lyra

Form: http://i.imgur.com/JjMxK.jpg

Sentience: Emotional responses, occasional brief vocalization

Currently doing: Personality & narration

I think Citizen Anon raises a good point there. And if they do place you on the facilities, what kind of ungodly sores would your ass have after three days on there?

P.S. I'm going to try meditation tonight before forcing, and I'll report my results tomorrow.

I was able to get a little bit of meditation going, but instead of forcing after, I went to sleep. Will try again today for full results.

Guest Anonymous

Since you don't eat and barely drink any water, there's really no need to use the bathroom. Even if you did, you'd be so out of it that it wouldn't matter.

I tried the meditation for 10 minutes last night and I was impressed with the results. Not only did I manage to stay more focused for the entire duration of tulpa forcing but I also didn't have what had become a normal after forcing occurrence, a splitting headache. I don't know if the lack of a headache can be attributed to the meditation, but thank you none the less.

Name: To be determined

Form: Human

Method: Hybrid

Time: 4.5 hours

• 3 weeks later...

Is it important to use abdominal breathing, or can you use chest breathing while meditating?

What ever gets you relaxed easier.

Guest Anonymous

What ever gets you relaxed easier.

Although I'd really recommend diaphragmatic breathing (probably what you are referring to with "abdominal breathing"). Put one hand on your chest and one on your stomach and breathe in. If you feel your chest rise, you're using chest-breathing, which isn't good. Your chest should remain static while your abdomen rises and falls with diaphragmatic breathing. Diaphragmatic breathing is used quite frequently in therapy for everything from treating PTSD, to treating stuttering, and is proven to be much more beneficial than chest-breathing.