Help with forcing?

Hi! So I just recently started trying to create my dear Arcelia and I have been working on the personality. Well trying to, heh. But my problem is that I'm really trying to take my time and make it all fit together but it's not taking me very long. Like it took me about 1 minute to do 5 personality traits. I'm wondering how people spend hours on this? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Hedgie! :)

Guest Anonymous

There is no right or wrong. You are doing fine for you! Congrats on making fast progress! Some people just imagine and visualize very easily.

As Mistgod said. When some of our first guides were written, it wasn't understood how this all worked, and it was believed that personality was a difficult process. Since then, we've discovered that it's really much easier than that, and it will even happen on its own if you decide not to devote time to it.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

It really depends on precisely how you're "working on it" I probably used onenof the older guides sushi mentioned (I honestly don't remember which) and I sat down multiple times and repeated Thunder's personality traits to him. You say it's done, but personally I don't think it's a waste of time to reiterate aspects that you think are important.

Of course, if you're certain your intended personality is locked in then that's fine. Just be prepared for them to surprise you down the line, it does happen. I never told Thunder to by mildly cynical initially, but he sure is now.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia

I got the same 'problem' but with a little difference...

I can concentrate for about 10-15 minutes, then my mind struggles and without wanting it I start to think about games, music, movies etc...

How can I prevent that? It was always a problem but now it really starts to annoy me. The only thing that works so far is loud music but it is no option for forcing...

Guys I need some help or exploration.

Basically with my tulpa's voice. She already spoke to me once in WL with the voice I wanted her to use. It was hazy a bit like she would talk in a glass jar some sort. But still the voice I wanted, it wasn't a mind voice but a normal voice like ppl have. After that nada. Than once I woke up in the morning I heard her with open eyes (so not WL) but only an unclear voice which was a gain that glass jar hazy. This voice was not like I wanted too, but was very likely someone speaks with closed mouth. Lol. Than one night before I went to sleep she talked to me in a very very distant quite voice but it was our chosen one. Sge talked ao much that i had to stop her coz i wanted to sleep.Whatever I can't hear now even the mind voice of her! I asked her if she's mad at me or something bothers her. She shakes her head and gives with sign language that I just fantastic hear her... she is sentient for sure.

What's wrong with my minds ear?!

Please help

@Nico; That sounds normal. Concentrating is a skill like anything else. Set a timer for 20 minutes and work on staying focused until the alarm goes off. Once you can do that consistently start increasing the time by small amounts.

@Borisz128; It sounds like you two are making great progress. Those initial stages of vocality are amazing and exhilarating but can also be frustrating. I don't think there's anything wrong with your mind's ear. I think you just need to keep with it and practice listening to her, while she practices speaking to you.

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi

@Xantan; Thanks for this tip, it really worked good as hell.

But now, when I force for about 45 minutes, I just don't know what to do. Already started to tell her something about my day but this is not so easy if you don't get an answer or just can't understand it... I know that forcing needs time until you feel the presence of your tulpa but I always fear to make mistakes all the time. So I started to apologize from time to time for mistakes I could possibly make. Is that normal or even a problem?

(sorry, english is not my native language but I hope you understand me...)