Time with my Tulpa

Spiritualgeek

This is my second of a series of threads about me and my Tulpa, Corra. Below is a direct copy of a weekly progress report.

This is my second week creating my first Tulpa, Corra. Honestly, it feels longer! My efforts are also going well. I'm getting better at visualising her, I can focus longer without getting tired and I get less distracted. I have also secured a wonderland of sorts. I use it at night when it's too dark to see her and I ask her "to go to my head" and I just close my eyes and visualise her in my head with any background of my choosing. Having logged only about 14 hours of Tulpa forcing I think everything is going well!

And now for my weekly trivia question. Who here thinks that the term Tulpa forcing isn't politically correct and if so what would you call it instead?

I think it is incorrect. There is nothing about creating a Tulpa that requires forcing! You have the idea and your mind does the rest and creates a standard body which you can't really change, if anything the changing of a Tulpa should be called Tulpa forcing. There are hundreds of theories proving this, including one I have involving psychic abilities and dimensions but that isn't really relevant to the question. If anything I would call it Tulpa calling.

Well, it's an etablished word. Sometimes you make a word for something before you even know you're wrong, but you can't change it afterwards. Then everyone new to the topic gets confused, everyone is mad if you use that "outdated term" and etc, etc. Just stick with what you made up, espacially if it's about tulpae.

I think the term "forcing" was originally a reference to the difficulty of the process. You had to force your mind to accept the idea of your tulpa as a real entity. Basically forcing the tulpa into existence through focus and will, not forcing the tulpa to be what you want them to be.

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi

For me, the term "force" was initially off-putting, and it took a few days of seeing it used casually to get used to it. I usually associate the word with violence (at the very least it has a negative connotation), which isn't at all what it means in this context. I'm currently indifferent.

I wouldn't have chosen the term "forcing" myself, but at this point, it's established enough that trying to change the term wouldn't be productive. It gets the point across; people know what it is. Introducing a new term is unnecessary, in my opinion.

First things first: I tend not to regard things in terms of Political correctness, that concepts caused a lot more unnecessary issues than I would have ever thought. It's intentions were good...but there needs to be more to an idea than good intent.

Now on to "Tulpaforce"...I always kinda felt that word was the name of a cheesy 80s Super Hero quad cartoon. I can even sort of visualize it, a big metropolitan city being hounded by evil desires and attachments, and the Tulpaforce, made up of a Brave Pony leader, a cute and bubbly Magical Girl, A formless mass of thought, and a fluffy bunnypuppycat have to go and save the day. It sounds silly, but it was and is the common term.

I don't care for the term for other reasons, as it's kind of vague, and sounds unnecessarily harsh for my tastes, but that's mainly because I go out of my way to use familiar, kind terms and such, so it is a personal thing. I prefer stuff like "definition", when defining (form, personality, etc) the companion, "bonding" for when you're just spending time with them, and other such things. Really, I don't use a good deal of terms defined in the community, and should probably just bite the bullet and make a personal lexicon for myself.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace