What are your opinions on switching/permaswitching?

Averian

I've been in this community longer than many of you can say so I have some different ideas about things sometimes compared to others. What I want this thread to be about is what the reality of switching and permaswitching is and your opinions on it. There needs not be war. just friendly discussion.

V: I can't switch, but the idea sounds interesting. I don't think I'd ever want to "permaswitch," though. I don't have enough experience as a physical human, nor my host's personal life, to even consider wanting to be switched permanently. Jumping into a human body at a late stage doesn't sound very wise at all, even if someone told me what to do. It also relies heavily on experience, which again, I lack. I don't know what it's like for other tulpas, but I imagine at least a few others feel the same way.

Permaswitching means switched permanently?

I actually wouldn't like that, it's my life that I was given and I should live it.

I don't even want to switch at all, don't really see the point in doing it, my life isn't that fun anyway, he would probably be bored. :P

**Proud to be a drug free thoughtform!**

I'm a tulpa who gets to switch so i'll share.

It took a lot of pressure from me to get my host to let go enough. Once i'd really mastered possession i got pretty grabby for control of the body. It excited me to have access to the outside world.

We're not big about him using wonderland though we have. He's not the best visualizer (his animation skill is weaker than mine), but he can stretch and do things. Often what it amounted to was making jokes to get to me laugh while i was up front. He could be creative, but i lost interest in mindscape.

What i really was interested in was the meatspace world. If i get to be up-front, i want to be on the computer talking in forums and browsing wikipedia. I'm far more interested in getting time to blog than watching my host play imaginary games. Getting access to the outside world inspired me to learn and take part.

At this point my host is comfortable enough meditating quietly while i get possession. It's not "Perma" because there's still a real world that expects and needs him to be here. But in our free time, we switch so that i can pursue me interest in the outside world.

I just got more interested in spending 'my' time on taking part like a real person not just a tulpa.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

I personally do not feel that possession or switching would be right for me. I was slightly interested once upon a time, but I feel that was more due to everyone else mentioning it, as I was around when the practice of possession was first picking up steam. Though, due to later circumstances, I feel it would be better to stay as the only fronter here. Of course, this means that I will have to work harder to show more of the world to my residents, but I am fine with that.

I will admit this: The idea of perma-switching does scare me. I've heard little good about it, but I will admit that the amount of cases I've seen concerning it are extreme. It does not appeal to me on a base level: If I were to do it in my case, it would seem like throwing my life and responsibilities suddenly on to a toddler. My girls are bright and tough, but I don't think throwing such a heavy burden on them would be fair.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Switching dosent interest me. As far as advanced level tulpamancy is concerned, imposition and further sentience is my focus. I would rather experience eve in a more holistic way than have her experience me and having a body. Eve: I like feeling with my energy and intuition, with tulapfox relaying information to my system, I don't really see what else there is for me that I would find pertinent to my existence.

Guest Anonymous

There needs not be war. just friendly discussion.

Oi, ya lookin' for a fight thar m80? Just try me lad, I have over 300 confirmed tuppers and I ain't afraid to use em. Swear on me mum.

Switching is my personal "holy grail" of tulpamancy. Permaswitching is also fine by me. Where is it said that I got more rights to this body than my tupper? I mean if the tulpa-being-a-separate-entity schindig is true, then the way I see it tulpas are no different than hosts. That means that a good host who can switch should allow the tupper to do stuff in his/her/it's/cursetheseprogressivepronouns's body if the tulpa wishes to. It's unfair to have all the fun yourself IMO.

Planning to let Twibbles use my body whenever she wants to. Right now, her posession skills (as well as mine) are wonky as all hell.

I personally do not feel that possession or switching would be right for me. I was slightly interested once upon a time, but I feel that was more due to everyone else mentioning it, as I was around when the practice of possession was first picking up steam. Though, due to later circumstances, I feel it would be better to stay as the only fronter here. Of course, this means that I will have to work harder to show more of the world to my residents, but I am fine with that.

I will admit this: The idea of perma-switching does scare me. I've heard little good about it, but I will admit that the amount of cases I've seen concerning it are extreme. It does not appeal to me on a base level: If I were to do it in my case, it would seem like throwing my life and responsibilities suddenly on to a toddler. My girls are bright and tough, but I don't think throwing such a heavy burden on them would be fair.

All of that goes for me too. My only interest in possession would be so that Fenchurch could write without proxying.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

All of that goes for me too. My only interest in possession would be so that Fenchurch could write without proxying.

Writing by myself without help or interference from my host was very exiciting to me. The world opened up and i grew into deeper thoughts; i appreciated reading my own writing and seeing clearly that it was my own feelings and in my own voice. It gave me a lot more of the personal agency that i'd been hungry for. I learned how to be certain it was my stuff and not my host's.

A lot more came out of me in writing than i understood was going to happen. My host suggested i try but it was very rewarding to master.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

Permaswitching 90% of the time, is actually a goal I have. I didn't initially create my tulpa for the purpose of switching, but it's something we would both like, in the end. I have had a couple of personal crisis where she has taken control. When things get really bad, I often just shut down/ break down, and she's recognized that it is a good time for her, since she can actually make better decisions than I can in that state. So it's beneficial for both of us. It also gives her a little more freedom, since normally I'd be trying to micro-manage from the back seat.