Your tulpa as a training partner?

Has anyone ever tried training with their tulpa in martial arts, combat games, or just general sports?

Here are my thoughts: I LARP on a regular basis, and am one of the better fighters at my home province, but only because it's a fairly new one and most others there are new to the game. Anywhere else, I'm average at best. But I'd really like to get better, and am wondering if my tulpa might possibly be able to help once he's better developed (I'm still very new to tulpamancing, and I'd say Zyr definitely has a ways to go before we're ready to try something like this.) Has anyone else ever had the idea of sparring seriously with their tulpa, or a similar idea? How well did it work?

Also I wonder, since your tulpa inhabits your mind and (if I've heard correctly) is able to access your subconscious much more easily than you are on your own, would it be possible for a tulpa to observe someone else's fighting, and then accurately mimic their skill and style when sparring with me?

Elise is a total fitness nut, I've tried having her be my personal trainer but I got lazy after a couple weeks and just stopped exercising. >_> She also gives me recommendations on what's healthy to eat and what I should avoid, even if I don't always take her advice.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Sounds like it should work pretty well, once he's developed enough.

Like glitch, Fenchurch advises me to exercise and eat healthy, and like him I ignore her more often than I should. I've never tried combat training or anything though.

LARPing with tulpas sounds interesting. It seems like there should be some way to make that work really well, but I can't think of it.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I wrote a long, awesome reply but then my fingers hit some button and now it's gone... *sigh*. sorry vinderex, you're getting the short version.

I'm a swordsman by practice. I train on my own, and with the club i founded. I have tried sparring and training with my tulpa. it can be tricky, but useful and rewarding.

First you must have a fully independent tulpa. They don't need to be vocal, they just need to be able to move freely without any interference from the host.

Secondly you need your visualization skills up to snuff. You need to be able to keep track of short, rapid movements without slowing anything down. If you can do these things then you can train with your tulpa.

As for your other question, yes your tulpa could mimic other styles. key word is could. Can you watch people practice and walk yourself through their movements without actually moving? Can you feel the way they shift their balance as they move and attack? Can you tell who's properly rooted in their actions, and who is not? If you can do these things then yes, your tulpa could mimic a style after a bit of practice. But if you can't, then you aren't prepared. Your tulpa could still mimic the style, but their understanding of it's movements would be fundamentally flawed because they can only know as much as you can. They may be far more fluid in their attempts, but the gaps in your understanding will still be there until the two of you work them out.

Ps: i'll answer any other questions relating to this topic after work.

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi

Has anyone ever tried training with their tulpa in martial arts, combat games, or just general sports?

I work out often, weight training and some occasional cardio, sometimes I box at a local gym, and having my tulpa accompany me has been a pretty decent way to make what could be a strenuous and slightly boring use of time more interesting. Beyond counting reps and remembering what set I'm on, and other things like that, he doesn't help out much aside from some extra motivation/moral support.

Has anyone else ever had the idea of sparring seriously with their tulpa, or a similar idea? How well did it work?

Cjero does thaiboxing (also known as muay thai) and spars with his tulpas, and apparently it works well for him.

Imposition is still far off for me, or else I might try, it's not like punching at air is the weirdest thing to be caught doing, ya feel.

Also I wonder, since your tulpa inhabits your mind and (if I've heard correctly) is able to access your subconscious much more easily than you are on your own, would it be possible for a tulpa to observe someone else's fighting, and then accurately mimic their skill and style when sparring with me?

I'd say yeah. You'd need to have a basis of knowledge first, and it's something y'all might have to learn together, but I don't see any reason why it can't be done.

We're all gonna make it brah.