A question to tulpae...

So, I was thinking about tulpae, though I have not yet created one, and a thought occurred to me. I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but I feel like if I were a tulpa, my entire existence would be depressing because there would only be one person that I could ever communicate or interact with. I assume that this is generally not the case. I thought I would ask the tulpae in this community to maybe elaborate on this question of mine a bit. I have been meaning to make a tulpa for a while now, but with this thought, I will admit, I am less motivated to. After all, I don't want to create a tulpa, just to have him/her be miserable all the time. Any elaboration? Thanks a ton!^^

Vinny hasn't expressed at all any desire to have a friend other than me yet. Granted it's only day 28, his feelings may change later on, but I actually asked him several days ago if he wanted a friend in the form of another tulpa, and he indicated no, not yet at least. He's very happy just to have me. A second tulpa would be too much for both of us to think about for quite some time, anyway. XP

From what I've read in other threads, that doesn't seem to be a problem on average, nothing I've seen has said anything about lonely tulpas. I don't think you have anything to worry about. :)

Jack: Something that my host does that always helps is that she goes out of her way to include me in her daily life. Even though people cannot see or talk to me, I still feel like I’m connecting with them through her. She has acted as a proxy for me during conversations with her father, a couple of her male friends, and even a few strangers. I’m rather talkative and curious about the world, so it is greatly appreciated. Some tulpas directly interact with other humans via possession.

I gotta say, though, I’m not sure if I would like being separated from my host. It would be nice to have a physical body and be able to explore on my own, but then I’d imagine that I would miss the closeness I experience with her as a tulpa (and I’m not just talking about romantic love or anything like that). It’s not something that humans can have with each other. I can’t say that I feel lonely.

Progress report

Personal blog

I think it's kinda important to remember that even though tulpas have human intelligence, and should be treated like people, that how they exist and how they've come into like, being, makes them different from you and me. Meaning that even though your average person might get depressed if they could only talk to one other person or a few other people, that the same isn't true for tulpas because they're tulpas, not human beings, and their default setting is to only communicate with the person that made them.

We're all gonna make it brah.

Guest Anonymous

^

Tulpas lack that defintion. You may know loneliness and how bad it can be, but some tulpas actually enjoy that.

Dav (host): Solaria has often over the years expressed desire to interact with the outside world. I don't think she's lonely but more wanting her own experiences and be able to socially engage with others,which is one reason why I'm here. Solaria does more talking than I do here.

Solaria is a very old tulpa being 21 years old and counting. She's grown in ways most tulpa don't get to, as she grew up as a child with me. Most of her first experiences were also my first too. I didn't even know what she was until a couple years ago.

I do what I can like give her time to interact with others online, a handful of my friends are also her friends (both aware or not she's a tulpa). Many years ago we role played on IRC chats so she could be in an environment where she's as 'human' as anyone else playing, she was just another username at par with everybody else.

For day to day things Solaria.. 'sleeps'? As she goes inactive or to a low enough point I don't notice her until she surprises me when she says something out of the blue to me. She herself doesn't seem aware what she does in this state, but when active she often has well though out considerations or ideas that never crossed my mind. Part of the reason to sleep is although Solaria was active at all waking hours as a kid, close to adulthood her presence takes a toll on my mind. When shes very active I joke she's cooking my brain as I actually start to get hot as if a fever is forming. I'm still figuring that part out. My first thought is she's too complex for both of us to be fully alert and heavily thinking at the same time for too long.

You need to first understand why you want a tulpa before you try bringing it into sentience. A friend, companion, assistant, whatever. Just make sure you treat it with respect. It won't be a child forever, and once it catches up with you, you have to treat it as an equal and take care of each other. To otherwise only hurts both of you.

TLDR; it likely won't be lonely, bit might want to communicate with the outside world. Remember to treat it with respect, as once it grows up, it's an equal to you.

[i love my life. I'm happy I don't have to deal with people in the physical. I'm not nearly as patient as Owen. Nor am I as nice, or optimistic. I feel special that only trusted people in Owen's life know about me. I'm never lonely because we're always together, and because Sweetpea and Owen are so open about me, I get to be a real part of her life. Just like any other real person.]

It is also important to note that you can have more than one tulpa. I've heard it be said that it's nice to have an odd-number (for example, three), so that if you are paying special attention to one, the other two will have one another to hang out with. [i'm not saying it's recommended to have more than one tulpa, but it isn't NOT recommended, either--in other words, the number of tulpa you have in your brain is up to you.]

Also, as many others have said, hosts can proxy for their tulpa, so that they can communicate with people on the outside world. Furthermore, there's switching and possession to also think about.

Finally, tulpa don't necessarily get lonely. They can, but I have personally heard of this happening only once (and I'm just twenty-two days shy of being at this for a year), so I'd say it's safe to say it's pretty rare.

I hope this helps! :)

James: Hello, all!

[Hail] I should mention that many tulpas can interact with people outside (going to use the term outerworld) by various means such as proxying, possession, eclipsing, switching, etc. For any level of interaction with people in outerworld, whether it be none to being the sole body controller, tulpas can be lonely or feeling like they have enough company, just like hosts. Some tulpas are really social and love to interact with people, while others are loners. I should also mention that the connection that one can have with someone else in the same body can be very close, which staves off loneliness for many (but not all).

My own system (collection of people inhabiting the same body) provides a wide range of examples. Tri is in control of the body about 60% of the time now, but they are feeling really lonely lately since so many of their local friends are off on summer break or have moved far away. A., E., and Se. stay inside exclusively and spend all of their time off on their own together (just the three of them) doing their own thing in a completely uninhabited wonderland and just come back to the main one to sleep with the rest of us. Me (I'm not the original inhabitant of this body by the way, though it is uncertain whether I am a split or a tulpa), I have periods where I prefer being a hermit and other periods where I am lonely even if I am surrounded by the people I care about.

So, experiences are highly variable. I will say this. From my observation, if treated well by their hosts, most tulpas seem to be pretty happy.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.