Something interesting happens when my tulpa talks

Kalyrian

I started noticing awhile ago that whenever my tulpa is talking, I seem to subconsciously hold my breath. It definitely isn't a conscious action because it took me a long time to realise it was happening, and if I forget to breath it happens again next time she talks. It's not at all that I'm unable to; if I notice, I can do it just fine. I just find this pretty strange, so I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas as to why it happens?

game is hard

Dav: most likely my guess is its you trying subconsciously to not physically vocalize what your tulpa is saying. The brain's speech center, which you're sharing with your tulpa has been wired into your breathing patterns as part of speech all your life. Now your tulpa is using it while trying to not engage the physical part of speaking.

With time you'll learn to correct it and breathe normally during it. I notice occasionally Solaria's speech slightly affects my breathing in that there's pauses or unnecessary breaths in cue with the words.

This was an issue I had that did go away in time, without my having to like, do anything specific to make it go away.

Here's my theory on it though: when you're thinking in words, the brain's speech centers are being used. When you're narrating, and when your tulpa is talking, these same centers are being used more than they would if you're just thinking in a regular stream of consciousness type deal. When you talk, your breathing changes to make the sounds that make up language, like how we've all gotten out of breath from talking too much. I think that what's happening is the speech centers are saying "hey, let's prepare, this dude is gonna say something", so you end up holding your breath.

Someone who knows a little more about the brain than me could probably explain better, but that's basically what I think is happening.

We're all gonna make it brah.