Let's Talk about Music

Bambi

Hey, y'all! I was wondering how music is typically viewed and handled in wonderlands. Well . . . James is actually showing an interest in taking up a musical instrument (perhaps the drums, or perhaps something completely imaginary), and I think we'd both be happy to learn how other people "work" with it in their own minds.

1) For those of you tulpamancers who aren't musically inclined, is there ever any music when you go to your wonderland? Do any of your tulpa show an interest in music that's more than just liking a particular genre?

2) For those of you tulpamancers who are musically inclined, how is the music in your wonderland? Do any of your tulpa show an interest in music (again, that's more than just liking a particular genre)?

3) Have any of you ever created an imaginary instrument in wonderland for the host or the tulpa to play?

4) What about an instrument in the "real world?"

Thanks for answering! :)

James: Hello, all!

We have a cool jukebox that acts as a subconscious storehouse of all the songs I've ever heard. I used to play clarinet everyday until I had to quit due to time constraints, and Jack occasionally asks me when I'm going to have it repaired. I'm not sure if he's interested in playing an instrument himself, though. That might change later on.

Progress report

Personal blog

We have a cool jukebox that acts as a subconscious storehouse of all the songs I've ever heard.

Now, that is really cool! How do you tend to work it, out of curiosity? I mean, are there stations, or is there a way to "shuffle?"

James: Hello, all!

Now, that is really cool! How do you tend to work it, out of curiosity? I mean, are there stations, or is there a way to "shuffle?"

It's basically a computerized version of a 1950's jukebox, one where you flip through the "pages" and select individual songs by punching in a code. Just like a real jukebox, music is listed in alphabetical order by default, but I can also have the machine show songs according to genre and also according to a particular memory or period in my personal life. Ever have a song that you associate with a particular school year or a place you've lived? The machine can bring up a song from that point in personal history, regardless of the year it actually came out in real life. Jack has also set up some playlists that each have a single number-letter code, and yes, there is a "shuffle" key along the side of the display glass. It can pretty much do everything that a contemporary music player can do. It's just in a bigger, pseudo-retro machine.

Progress report

Personal blog

That sounds really awesome Nyx. Don't have anything cool in my wonderland just yet, it's usually just a black grid, but hey! I haven't been at this whole thing for very long, so hopefully I'll eventually get cool stuff like that too.

Dav: Solaria created her own instrument in my wonderland a very long time ago when I was little on her own. Being a plasma type wisp her instrument is quite strange but creative. Her instrument is large coloured crystal plates similar to xylophone bars held in mid air spread out in a circle under her we simply called her laser xylophone.

She focuses beams at the plates/keys/bars whatever you would call them and fires packets of plasma at them to viberate them to make a fairly wide array of sounds.

It may not be completely scientifically accurate but interesting for sure.