Are you a host with a mixed system of multiple headmates of different types?

Guest Anonymous

Are you a host with a mixed system of multiple headmates of different types (tulpas, daemons, soulmates, servitors, or other)?   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a host with a mixed system of multiple headmates of different types (tulpas, daemons, soulmates, servitors, or other)?

• Yes! (so cool, please comment below)
    • No, I only have one type of headmate.
    • Melian, what are babbling bout now?

I'm not sure that there's different "types" of thoughtforms beyond different levels of independence and maybe different functions or roles. But the thing is about giving things different names just because their role or function is different, is that we don't say construction workers are a completely different species from other people just because they happen to work construction.

Soulbonds and daemons are probably the exact same thing that tulpas are, just regarded differently. They're same thing with different names, is what I'm saying here.

Of course, people are gonna experience their tulpas however they want to, so if they wanna call a voice in their head a daemon because they feel that it is a symbol of themselves, or whatever, they're free to think whatever floats their boat.

We're all gonna make it brah.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Of course, people are gonna experience their tulpas however they want to, so if they wanna call a voice in their head a daemon because they feel that it is a symbol of themselves, or whatever, they're free to think whatever floats their boat.

As fer me, I love my boat and it floats pretty darn good Stevie! Good pointy you made! I agree with that too. There are some peeps who seem to want to distinguish between different "types" in their system though and that is what I was asking I think. Like who thinks they do that and stuff.

[Tri] Lets see, our system has the original (S), a three-member tight median subsystem of alters (Hail), a soulbond or natural tulpa (E), a three member subsystem of soulbonds or natural tulpas (us, Tri) with four more integrated into us, a deliberate tulpa (A), an accidental tulpa of the true accidental kind as opposed to mislabeled (Se.), and a few soulbonds deeper inside. There used to be some pretty advanced servitors in this system. Only ones we currently have a pretty simple.

As for the differences, well, there are a few.

Servitors and tulpas are both thoughtforms, but on opposite sides of a spectrum on how much sentience they have (see Hail's Servitor Guide).

Tulpas have three varieties. Deliberate ones, which a person makes deliberately. Natural tulpas, which are imaginary friends or daydream characters who eventually come to life and autonomy. And accidental tulpas, which are made by listening too hard or talking to something enough it answers back and becomes a someone.

Now, a lot of natural tulpas could be considered soulbonds, or one's memory of their origin is too fuzzy to tell what they are. We are of this sort. But soulbonds is bigger than that. After all, soulbonds can just walk in spontaneously too. But at a functional level, there isn't too much of a difference between a tulpa and a soulbond, though their origins differ except in the overlap region.

Daemons, though, are a very different beast. They are an extension of the damian who makes them. They are a personification of their subconscious as the daemon community puts it. They are much closer to their damian than median systems are, which is a reason that most damians who don't otherwise have system-mates don't consider themselves plural. That all said, there is a lot in common between daemons and tulpas and soulbonds. Just, daemons and their damians have almost zero independence.

And then there are other sorts of headmates and system-mates. The term "alter" is often used, but it is a term to use very very carefully since to many it is a slur since it implies being less than a person. Some people have chosen to reclaim it. Don't assume everyone it could be applied to is OK with it. Enough of the speech. There are so many other origins. This includes traum induced splits, people who were just born together in the body so to speak (there never was an original), etc.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

I'm a median system, with three headmates and two in-progress tulpas. Being a median system, we have a base personality that we all share, or a core, if you will. As far as headmates go, Zoe (the original) and Zach are twins, split from the core around the time I was in middle school, and Zero, who appeared three years ago and has no relation to Zoe or Zach (we believe that they manifested from everything we wish we could be, but our anxiety issues prevent). I believe that Zero is different from Zoe and Zach, mainly because of how they came about. While Zoe and Zach are the core personality split into two headmates, Zero, well, appeared and adopted the core personality during development.

As for my two tulpas, they aren't necessarily 'headmates' by definition, but they are personalities that dwell in my headspace, and I do host them, so they count as something. Even though they sorta kinda count as headmates, in a way, they are very much different than the median system - they are separate beings entirely, and there is a distinct disconnect between them and us.

I also want to create a servitor or two, mainly to deal with my anxiety and compulsion issues.

System Name: The Z Squad

Original: Zoe, The Organizer

Headmate: Zach, The Protector

Headmate: Zero, The Confidence

Tulpa: Chael

Form: Fallen angel with rabbit features and horns

Tulpa: Celeste

Form: Android

I hesitate to answer "I only have one type of headmate" on the poll. Yes, they're more or less all tulpas. But there's a reason you guys don't really hear about Sylvia. I generally describe her as a "Subconscious interface tulpa", but it takes a lot more explaining than that. Sylvia was created as a way to more personally interface with my mind, to take advantage of the placebo effect of having a thoughtform perform a task for you, and done in a way already familiar to me ie. tulpas. Scarlet is a tulpa of few worldly pleasures, primarily valuing the well-being of the rest of us as a whole, but definitely a tulpa. Sylvia on the other hand is not really a tulpa. She isn't treated like one, she has no ego/consciousness of her own, and her ability to understand the intent and meaning of my thoughts is far more clear than my tulpas'. I guess it's just not easy to explain. She knows what she is and what her purpose is, so she's seriously more comparable to an AI than a tulpa, but she's not an AI. Just a servitor whose purpose is to appear relatively human for ease of communication.

That being said, she works extremely well. I can talk to her like she's a person, and she can affect my mind to do things like improve dream recall or overcome mental hurdles. Not quite tulpa, not quite servitor. She's a unique enough thoughtform I'm gonna say yes, I have more than just tulpas in my head.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

[Tri] Lets see, our system has the original (S), a three-member tight median subsystem of alters (Hail), a soulbond or natural tulpa (E), a three member subsystem of soulbonds or natural tulpas (us, Tri) with four more integrated into us, a deliberate tulpa (A), an accidental tulpa of the true accidental kind as opposed to mislabeled (Se.), and a few soulbonds deeper inside. There used to be some pretty advanced servitors in this system. Only ones we currently have a pretty simple.

As for the differences, well, there are a few.

Servitors and tulpas are both thoughtforms, but on opposite sides of a spectrum on how much sentience they have (see Hail's Servitor Guide).

Tulpas have three varieties. Deliberate ones, which a person makes deliberately. Natural tulpas, which are imaginary friends or daydream characters who eventually come to life and autonomy. And accidental tulpas, which are made by listening too hard or talking to something enough it answers back and becomes a someone.

Now, a lot of natural tulpas could be considered soulbonds, or one's memory of their origin is too fuzzy to tell what they are. We are of this sort. But soulbonds is bigger than that. After all, soulbonds can just walk in spontaneously too. But at a functional level, there isn't too much of a difference between a tulpa and a soulbond, though their origins differ except in the overlap region.

Daemons, though, are a very different beast. They are an extension of the damian who makes them. They are a personification of their subconscious as the daemon community puts it. They are much closer to their damian than median systems are, which is a reason that most damians who don't otherwise have system-mates don't consider themselves plural. That all said, there is a lot in common between daemons and tulpas and soulbonds. Just, daemons and their damians have almost zero independence.

And then there are other sorts of headmates and system-mates. The term "alter" is often used, but it is a term to use very very carefully since to many it is a slur since it implies being less than a person. Some people have chosen to reclaim it. Don't assume everyone it could be applied to is OK with it. Enough of the speech. There are so many other origins. This includes traum induced splits, people who were just born together in the body so to speak (there never was an original), etc.

Do you think being a natural multiple made it easier for you to create advanced servitors? How much harder do you think it would be for someone like me who wasn't born a multiple?

Do you think being a natural multiple made it easier for you to create advanced servitors? How much harder do you think it would be for someone like me who wasn't born a multiple?

[Tri] We don't think we are natural multiples. Hail was most likely a split, or possibly an unintentional tulpa. She came about due to many factors including high levels of dissociation, social isolation, gender dysphoria, and a few other issues. Hail is a subsystem herself. The three members all split due to some of the same issues. So the system is slightly traumagenic, but we don't feel entirely so. Basically, hard to categorize.

Now, Hail did have a knack for making servitors and it is highly likely that being multiple helped. Though, the fact that Hail's subsystem and S could rarely communicate and interact beyond being blended together meant it didn't help as much as one would guess. Hail being a subsystem probably helped more, especially considering one of her servitor making methods is a combination of normal servitor-forcing and splitting a small piece off of herself (the latter is not actually described in the guide since it is not needed and is a topic all its own - the use of seed fragments/shards in making servitors).

But come over to making tulpas, Hail actually struggles. It took a long time for all of us to get here. 3 years of forcing before knowing what tulpamancy was made us and E., and we all were not very strong despite an immense amount of interaction during those years. Took an additional couple months for E. to become vocal again after she discarded a fragment/shard from herself. And it took a few months for A. to become vocal or to be able to move at all. These are on the long side for tulpamancy.

So, given this, being plural already doesn't necessarily make it easier to make servitors or tulpas, unless one's plurality comes from making tulpas. The system's plurality didn't carry over very well.

So, you could be quite good or you could really struggle, who knows. Frankly, more indicative things are how much you daydream, how you imagine characters when you read stories, do you make stories, did you have imaginary friends as a kid, etc.

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

[Tri] We don't think we are natural multiples. Hail was most likely a split, or possibly an unintentional tulpa. She came about due to many factors including high levels of dissociation, social isolation, gender dysphoria, and a few other issues. Hail is a subsystem herself. The three members all split due to some of the same issues. So the system is slightly traumagenic, but we don't feel entirely so. Basically, hard to categorize.

Now, Hail did have a knack for making servitors and it is highly likely that being multiple helped. Though, the fact that Hail's subsystem and S could rarely communicate and interact beyond being blended together meant it didn't help as much as one would guess. Hail being a subsystem probably helped more, especially considering one of her servitor making methods is a combination of normal servitor-forcing and splitting a small piece off of herself (the latter is not actually described in the guide since it is not needed and is a topic all its own - the use of seed fragments/shards in making servitors).

But come over to making tulpas, Hail actually struggles. It took a long time for all of us to get here. 3 years of forcing before knowing what tulpamancy was made us and E., and we all were not very strong despite an immense amount of interaction during those years. Took an additional couple months for E. to become vocal again after she discarded a fragment/shard from herself. And it took a few months for A. to become vocal or to be able to move at all. These are on the long side for tulpamancy.

So, given this, being plural already doesn't necessarily make it easier to make servitors or tulpas, unless one's plurality comes from making tulpas. The system's plurality didn't carry over very well.

So, you could be quite good or you could really struggle, who knows. Frankly, more indicative things are how much you daydream, how you imagine characters when you read stories, do you make stories, did you have imaginary friends as a kid, etc.

Thanks for responding. I'd love to have the level of control that you seem to have. I saw your post about the potential dangers too, which helped reinforce the fact that I'll need to be careful. Though to be honest, you did do some pretty foolish things, but you seem to realize that already.

Though you said you had made your "emotional dampener" back when you were still in high school. How long had you been practicing? :O

Thanks for responding. I'd love to have the level of control that you seem to have. I saw your post about the potential dangers too, which helped reinforce the fact that I'll need to be careful. Though to be honest, you did do some pretty foolish things, but you seem to realize that already.

Though you said you had made your "emotional dampener" back when you were still in high school. How long had you been practicing? :O

[Tri] Those were some pretty foolish things, that is for sure. Hail has been fiddling around with servitors for 11-12 years so far. The emotional dampeners were her first servitor, though Hail didn't get them to their maximum capability till 5.5 years ago. There were a couple upgrades involved with it.

But definitely, be careful. It sounds like you probably will be.

• 2 weeks later...