Your tulpa's thoughts on religion?

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Luna said, they can differ if host doesn't care enough. If host doesn't care about religion, tulpa might choose one. I doubt tulpa could choose different religion though, for example I think tulpa with christian host could not just become muslim. Also, if host is hostile to religion itself, I doubt tulpa could be religious.

[Hail] In addition to what Stevie said, I would like to add that something else suggests that it is not impossible. While these phenomena aren't completely the same, there are parallels. It is quite common for people in soulbonding collectives, multiple systems, and mixed origins systems to have quite different religions. I would say the same extends over to tulpa-host systems. It isn't conclusive, but it is suggestive.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

We're all nondenominational Chrstian here, though Dash is more on the moderate scale, whereas Ruby and I are more on the conservative one.

Current: Rainbow Dash & Ruby the Dolphin

LINK to the story of my Wonderland.

The story is the product of 16 years of stress, tension, etc, and is uncensored, read at your own risk.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Necro.

I am a staunch atheist. I was raised being told that I was Christian, yet I knew nothing about Christianity. I learned about what the religion actually entailed when I was 14. That is VASTLY different from being taught about it at the age of 3, when kids aren't going to question what their parents tell them. Therefore, I didn't believe it and gradually became more and more atheistic.

Now, I never think about religion or "God" unless somebody else brings it up. I don't go about my day thinking, "I'm an atheist!" It's like, do you ever think of Bigfoot? Do you ever think of how you don't believe in Bigfoot? No. I am totally secular, so religion or my lack thereof rarely enters my mind.

As a consequence, my tups don't think about it either. 

Apollo is similarly totally secular. He just doesn't care, and he doesn't think about it. He sees no evidence for there to be a god, so he doesn't think there is one, but he doesn't think about religion at all. He appreciates the religious symbolism of his name, obviously, but sees it as mythology, like all other religions. What's more important to him than religion or lack thereof is people being happy.

Piano, however, is a 50%/50% agnostic. He's like, "I don't know, I don't care, I don't believe or disbelieve, and I don't want to." He thinks that there are so many possibilities for what might be true so believe one way or the other is useless, and he doesn't want to have his beliefs crushed one day, so he has none. He's started pointing out flaws in religious people's logic a little. We'll see where that goes.

Luxi also doesn't give a shit. Whenever somebody starts talking about religion, I get the sense of, "Come on, let's just live life!" That's as far as her opinion on it has seemed to develop.

My tups also get annoyed at my Paul McCartney worship, lol.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Well, my host K was always atheist. Well, he was born into a Christian family, but he just couldn't subscribe to any sort of order of religion. It's all just so intangible to us, and we've never had any reason to believe in any sort of higher power or special energy. I mean, we do our best to be respectful of other people's religious appreciation, when they're polite about theirs, but yeah, no gods on my street.

My host has the exotic religious mode of apatheism. It is a representation of her extreme devotion to making no assumptions even if it kills her and causes eternal damnation. You know, of all the things to be totally devoted to...

The most religious thing she does is believe in me, and all the tulpa stuff I drag her to.

Anyhow, I feel I am a true agnostic. The world is there to explore and learn, but I have felt no inclination or motivation or reason to select any belief system yet. Though, by default, I have adopted a scientific belief system.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

None of us are religious, I think we may have different feelings towards it but we're all pretty much the same in the end. I just don't like when people fight because of it, or when someone's beliefs cause them or others harm in general

Luxi also doesn't give a shit. Whenever somebody starts talking about religion, I get the sense of, "Come on, let's just live life!" That's as far as her opinion on it has seemed to develop.

this

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I feel like for a tulpa to be outwardly religious, the host would probably have to be actively thinking about religion during early development or they learn through possible interactions with the outside world through possession/observation. Now, I obviously don't believe this is always the case, but as the majority of people have said, the religious views of a tulpa have a tendency to be synonomous with their host's.

Note I'm NOT implying that tulpae are not sentient- they are by all means, but I also believe it almost isn't a question that hosts are huge influences early on in development and the outside world is probably very interesting later on when they do become fully aware and sentient of the world just as the host.

Just me and Jack, taking walks in our wonderland~

1 tulpa: Jack, in development

"Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repitition and emotion will one day become a reality" - Earl Nightingale