If I force for more than 40 minutes my Tulpa gets upset and kick me out of wonderland

Zozoquez

When I start to force for more than 40 minutes in a given session, I begin to get head pain and my body seems to shake a bit, it feels like I'm trying way to hard to maintain concentration. My very young tulpa who still very much relies on my own thoughts seems to belive she is hurting me. She just kicked me out of wonderland and is now ignoring me in an attempt to make me go to sleep.

Is this something I can fix or should I just shrink down my forcing sessions? I have been aiming for 2 session a day at an hour each, would it be better to do three 30 minute sessions? Or should I stick with what I'm doing until I build up more mental power? Should I not force so late at night? It seems the nice because its so peaceful but my tulpa seems concerned that I won't be able to sleep.

Kind of a massive dump of questions but I'm just looking for some outside thought on all this l.

Guest Anonymous

My very young tulpa who still very much relies on my own thoughts seems to belive she is hurting me. She just kicked me out of wonderland and is now ignoring me in an attempt to make me go to sleep.

You should listen to your tulpa, she is trying to take care of you. Get some rest.

Maybe by doing shorter sessions, and by progressively augmenting how long you do it (e.g. by 2/4/6 minutes when you did it for a few days), you can build on your mental endurance. It makes me wonder what the forcing session entails if she feels she’s contributing to the hurting.

You could also find a way to force without relying much on the wonderland, and IMO, that’s what I tend to do sometimes if you’re the type of person that may want to change things up a bit during the sessions (but that doesn’t mean you have to abandon any interaction with the wonderland, mind you).

I remember getting hungry during a session, but that was during the 8 hour mark when I was going for 12 hours. I think something, from personal experience, is that if you’re going to want to tank on those forcing sessions, especially if it’ll stretch until the next morning, or late at night:

- Have some water with you

- Have a decent meal beforehand, though this might have mixed reactions for others (e.g. feeling more sleepy, or nauseous). Or even just something like a banana, or one, or several of those bars with nuts, wheat, whatever.

- If you take any daily supplements, maybe you can take some of those an hour or more before forcing. However, take that with a grain of salt as I wouldn’t want to suggest that you pop pills that might have adverse effects if combined with others.

- Take a quick 20-30 minute nap, or whatever you prefer beforehand. This may seem non-sequential to your concerns, but from personal experience when I usually did mid and closing shifts at work, that small nap made me energized; supplement that with some binaural/isochronic/background noise/etc. as much as you can, and you should have better mental clarity.

- This is vary from person to person, but if I’m going for hours of forcing, I think just finding ways in being consistently relaxed, but not to the point to where you’re really sleepy, and can’t be productive helps. For me, I usually wear some headphones, and listen to alpha, or whatever type of isochronic music to eliminate background noises while presumably helping get into a mental state sufficient for whatever purpose I have in mind.

- If you work, and have vacation time that’s just there waiting to expire eventually, you could plan out when you could devote certain days for forcing. The same applies if you had any days off without requesting for vacation time. And, if you’re trying to do it after you worked, or after you went through a long day, and you’re struggling to keep going, you should try to relax yourself beforehand (e.g. that nap I mentioned)

- If you do take a nap, and are worried that you might doze off for something important the next day, you could set an alarm,

or several.

I would want to force during the day, but with day-to-day things, I could probably get 1-3 hours vs. whatever I can be set for when the day is just about to end. For example, if I’m going to force around 7-8PM, and I know I have a day off, and other quotidian things taken care of, I may go for a goal of forcing until 7-8AM, but that’s only because I progressively augmented how long I forced; like when I first did some image streaming sessions for like 5 minutes each in 2-3 intervals, and shifted accordingly based on how confident I felt.

Eventually, things will come to you naturally, and the concentration durability matter will be the least of your concerns, and you’ll start to wonder why there are only 24 hours in a day. :P Longer doesn't always mean better, especially if you're pulling out all the stops just to sustain it when you could've gotten something casual and consistent. But again, people are different, and some just love impromptu forcing, I guess.

What Linkzelda said. Also, what position are you in when you force? I know I've done meditation positions where my whole body shakes and tears stream down my face, although I don't *feel* like I'm very uncomfortable.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I remember getting hungry during a session, but that was during the 8 hour mark when I was going for 12 hours.

Oh wow, 12 hours?! I can't even imagine going for that long, my mind would wander off far before then! It must have taken crazy practice to get that far.

What Linkzelda said. Also, what position are you in when you force? I know I've done meditation positions where my whole body shakes and tears stream down my face, although I don't *feel* like I'm very uncomfortable.

I genearly sit with my legs crossed and my hands clasped in front of me with a straight back. I feel if I get too comfortable I might fall asleep. On the flipside, if I'm uncomfortable it's hard to focus.....

That's the position that was giving me trouble -- at least when I sat on a soft couch cushion or directly on the floor. When I started using a harder meditation cushion, or a stack of books, or whatever I could that would put my knees under my hips, the position worked pretty well for me -- though it still gets painful in very long sessions.

What are you sitting on?

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

That's the position that was giving me trouble -- at least when I sat on a soft couch cushion or directly on the floor. When I started using a harder meditation cushion, or a stack of books, or whatever I could that would put my knees under my hips, the position worked pretty well for me -- though it still gets painful in very long sessions.

What are you sitting on?

A bed or couch typicaly.