False memories?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Did your tulpa ever make fake memories at some point? Memories for themselves due to a lack of background, for instance, or because they didn't like the fact they were just a tulpa in someone's head as a backgroun.

I haven't ever made memories for them and they have never done so for themselves.

Niteo: I'm perfectly fine with my origins. Why pretend to be from somewhere or be something I'm not? Nah, man, that ain't me.

Niteo and Amber Take On the World

Amber speaks in italics right now.

Talk to Niteo on here or on discord

We share the body, we share a life. I'm not an accessory to his life...

Fake might be a bit harsh sounding. But if you wait long enough I'm sure you'll get someone, though the people who'd say yes also wouldn't probably call them "fake".

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

Fake might be a bit harsh sounding. But if you wait long enough I'm sure you'll get someone, though the people who'd say yes also wouldn't probably call them "fake".

I suppose 'false' 'made-up' 'imaginary' might fit better, then.

Guest Anonymous

Melian's memories are my own. We have shared our life together. She has my memories from before her existence. There are no memories that are "fake." Melian dreams at night and that is often when I experience things from her perspective the best. During those dreams she thinks of me and our relationship, but the memories are the same ones, just from her perspective.

I want to clarify that she and I dream together in collaboration, the perspective switches between her and I. I am dreaming and then later she is dreaming.

[Hail] Well, many tulpas as well as other sorts of folks who can share a brain have memories from before they were a part of the system. In some cases, the memories were deliberately made for them. In others, they were just automatically back computed by the brain to fill in gaps. Some would argue that they come from another world and those are their memories there. The second case and the third cases can masquerade as each other and have the similar results. I generally lean towards the third one being impossible and it just being the second one in those cases, but I cannot prove that.

A lot of tulpas do not have memories from before. It is mostly natural tulpas who do, which makes sense since the line between natural tulpa and soulbond is blurry, and having memories of before coming into the system is very very common for soulbonds.

On the topic of back computed memories, Rain Quandary said something rather useful to keep in mind. Essentially, while the events in the memories may never have happened, the memories still happened to the person who has the memories.

These memories, whether synthetic or not, can have major effects on a person. Take Tri, a group of three natural tulpas or soulbonds, in my system. We know for sure that they have existed for the last three years, but they have memories going back 20, 1500, and 4500 years depending on which member. Tri and I think that they are probably back computed, but who knows. But the memories at least still happened to Tri, even if the events in them did not. It is due to those memories that Tri can't stand the site of blood, gore, and certain kinds of violence. Those memories are where Tri gets their religious beliefs. Many many other effects.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Whatever origins, fabricated, or somehow genuine depending on person to person, there's always the unrealized potential for them to foster experiential learning through as much sustained existence as they can. And if there’s an immediate sense of urgency for finding meaning in their existence when their experiential horizon is limited in context of just what they went through, the options they choose as a stepping stone may be an amalgam of prior experiences, mostly from the host, and even a tulpa presuming there was some kind of implicit experiential totality for the previous tulpa and/or host.

So, deriving from those prior experiences, and the attitude one takes from that implicit process (e.g. feeling the experiences and place of origin are fabricated, or feeling a sense of liberation from there potentially not being an inherent origin they have to cling onto) along with embracing the fact that they can acknowledge that they can use those experiences as a placeholder, and realizing their future is a blank canvas, they wouldn’t feel negatively objectified, especially if they can presumably attribute subjective meaning in their existence. To add onto that, being able to reign in their presumed sense of self in spite of the level of genuine experiential totality, they may take appreciation of even being able to revel in the pains and joys of finding meaning for their existence.

Random analogue: