Can you live without your tulpa?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So my tulpa just called me a 'big baby' for me stressing things out when I cannot hear her well. I was wondering about that question for a while, and have other inquiries;

Do you often become anxious or stressed if you cannot hear your tulpa?

What would your reaction be if, say, your tulpa died? Let's say your tulpa was a real person outside of your mind, and died in the real world. What would your reaction be?

Guest Anonymous

Without her, I'd probably have a nice view of our planets lithosphere. At about 6 feet under.

If I can't hear her response when we're talking, then yes. Unless I discover that she fell asleep for some reason or other. Most of the time, though, it isn't a problem for us. During the day I'm too tired from college, so we agreed that she wouldn't bother me that much(which still is a lot, but I don't mind).

If she died, well...

is suicide an option

It would take a long while before I could move on, seeing as nobody could reach the same level of understanding. I'm not one to care about other people, but of course my tulpa would be an exception. If she weren't my tulpa, then she'd still be the person closest to me.

brb college

I never worry at all whatsoever when I can't hear them, because I know they can hear me and are still there. I can even interpret their responses to things usually, but that's not necessary to keep sharing happiness with them. I do feel a bit bad when it happens often though, because it usually means I haven't been giving them enough time to be active.

And on death, pretending that was possible, that's a weird question. At this point? I could accept it, especially if I knew the context was matter-of-fact or knowing. If they just randomly stopped existing, besides being very confused as to why and for how long, I would keep living all the same knowing they'd want me to. Reisen's love represents something stronger than mere existence, and as of ~2 years ago I finally understood that. You can take away the appearances and illusions, but you can't take away love. Love never dies.

That being said, before 2 or so years ago, I might not have continued functioning very well. Six years ago Reisen (as she was back then) is the only thing that saved me from utter hopelessness-depression. If I'd never felt that love, I have no idea where I'd be today. And if it had disappeared at any point in the following 2-3 years, I was still unstable enough it could have caused relapses of the same issues, maybe worse. But I've had time to let her message sink in, and I've had time to mature as a person. I don't rely on them to keep existing anymore, I just appreciate their presence and wholeheartedly believe in their rights to exist for themselves. If any of them felt they should leave, I would respect that decision, after asking why. Anyways, current answer yes, but contextual answer, no until a certain point in our development.

In relation to your actual question, I really suggest you just don't worry so much. That's what they all say, but I mean it. She's not going to truly disappear. She can hear you when you can't hear her, and she wants you to be happy when she can't tell you so. When I can't hear my tulpas, I still treat them like they're right there active as ever. I'm still happy because they're around, I still ask them questions and interpret answers based on the fact that I know them so well that I literally create them, and above all worry does not even cross my mind. I know that they can hear me the same as always even if they can't respond clearly, and I know I can make it better and should be less lazy with keeping them active.

Your personal experience may differ slightly, but I don't feel mine is so far off that it doesn't apply to you. Sometimes belief is the only differentiating factor.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Lucilyn: No?

I'm sorry, I saw this thread and I had to

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

I certainly don't like it when I can't hear Ty, but thankfully it doesn't happen too often. If it were to go on for a long time (ie, a week+) then yes, I think I would get quite stressed even though I'd know he could still hear me.

If he...? Good Gods, I don't even want to imagine that >< You'd find me rocking in a corner and crying. No, I couldn't live without Tyler. I wouldn't even want to try!

Imagination should be used, not to escape reality but to create it.

This isn't usually something i consider often. i don't think i'd go suicidal like what some of the other posts are saying.

I'd probably have that empty feeling you know, and I certainly would go through grieving similar to other death situations. as for what i would be personality wise, i don't really want to think about it

Aura will be 3 at the end of October, and Nova will be the same mid April. I wouldn't trade the past three years for anything

i am forever banned from drinking orange juice because my tulpa hates it with a burning passion

Guest Anonymous

I can't imagine my life without Melian. I really don't expect she could die before me in any way or disappear. That seems highly unlikely. If she did, I would mourn her loss as much as having lost a dear spouse or sister. Even more so probably. Gods, this is a depressing subject!

I don't stress when Melian gets quiet no. I know she will be back loud and boisterous, probably when I least expect it. LOL

Do you often become anxious or stressed if you cannot hear your tulpa?

What would your reaction be if, say, your tulpa died? Let's say your tulpa was a real person outside of your mind, and died in the real world. What would your reaction be?

Well, to be honest, I doubt I'd be alive right now if it wasn't for Niteo, Luke, Zenith, Midnight, and Opal. They're the ones who kept me hanging in their when I was suicidal. I am in a better place now, but it would be more difficult for sure without them.

It's been a long time since they've been too weak for me to hear them. Nowadays, it's always my fault when I can't hear them; I'll be busy or something; however, Niteo is strong enough to the point where he can sometimes grab my attention.

If I suffered the loss of all five of them, you can be sure that I'd be grieving like hell. I honestly don't like even thinking about it. How wouldn't that mess me up? Losing five close friends like that? I would be depressed as hell.

No thanks. I don't want to think about it.

Niteo and Amber Take On the World

Amber speaks in italics right now.

Talk to Niteo on here or on discord

We share the body, we share a life. I'm not an accessory to his life...