Am I parroting?

nanonano

Hi. I'm 3 days into forcing and I think my tupper started speaking.

When I ask a question, I sometimes hear a very faint reply. But it doesn't feel alien at all and just sounds like me. It feels more or less like I'm parroting unknowingly.

So am I parroting? Or is it my tulpa speaking?

And is it even possible for my tulpa to start speaking only 3 days in?

How can I confirm her sentience?

Guest Anonymous

Hello. If it sounds like you, then it's more than likely to be you parroting. Usually, when tulpas reach vocality/'sentience' (and I use the term loosely), they have their own 'mindvoice', most people can tell when their tulpa are actually vocal. It doesn't mean your tulpa isn't sentient, though. There have been cases of people making tulpas extremely fast, faster than in the past, you might want to go on the tulpamancy IRC chat and ask a few folks about it there. Parroting CAN be useful, but it's entirely situational.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, you are probably sometimes parroting. But who cares? Keep working on the tulpa and stop worrying about it.

You can't confirm sentience.

Then how can I stop parroting?

Reading the link above leads me to believe that the responses are from my tulpa. I don't try to parrot, but I hear responses. That must mean they're coming from my tulpa, right? Perhaps this is just an issue with vocality?

Help, I'm so confused right now and feel like giving up :c

Guest Anonymous

Help, I'm so confused right now and feel like giving up :c

Don't give up! We are not trying to discourage you! I think what we are trying to say is that you are worrying about it too much. If you believe it is your tulpa talking, so be it! Willingness to believe is a huge factor in creating a tulpa. There is no one who can tell you when your tulpa is acting more autonomous. That is up to you to figure out. It is part of the FUN of it! Don't stress about this at all! That would be just silly. Have fun with it always.

BTW, parroting is not evil and wrong, it is part of the process. You should read Fede's guide! He pretty much embraces parroting. http://tulpanetwork.com/network/guides/fede's-ultimate-superior-tupper-guide/