I can't get my Tulpa's face right.

Zozoquez

I've been working on visualizing my Tulpa a lot more now as her mindvoice is becoming a bit more clear, its not perfect yet but I am able to distinguish her thoughts from my own a lot more often now.

Ever since we have started visualizing, I seem to be able to get her form and her hair and whatnot down fairly clearly...but her face is just wrong. I can't explain it easily but it is blurry and the features seem to change. Her face shifts around. When I zoom into any given part of it I can see the details but when I zoom out her face is just a unclear faded thought. Her lips seem off, to large but when I zoom in I cannot see anything wrong with them. Her nose seems oddly shaped but when I zoom in I can't see anything wrong with it. How do I see her face more clearly?

My advice would be to do an image search for "average racial faces" and then try to visualize your tulpa's face as one you find pleasing. If it keeps messing up, it could be that your tulpa doesn't like how you think it should look.

Currently share myself with four other entities.

Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.

Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread

Guest Anonymous

You can zoom in? Nice skills! LOL Hmmm, I don't know what to say about the difficulty with imagining her face. I am sure it will get better over time though. She may surprise you with a bit of her own ideas on what she looks like!

I used to have a similar problem. Like it was said before it might be that your tulpa wants to edit her form, but if your tulpa likes the idea of this form it could be that your brain is having trouble imagining this form. This was (and sometimes still is) the case with me and Elisae because she chose her own form, and she wanted the form to remain constant, but often her form would sometimes change slightly against either of our wills. When this would happen we would work together and focus on getting her form back to normal. Overtime things got better, but I can still imagine her form better when visualizing it with my eyes open.

What might help is, if you can draw, draw the form you guys want so you can see it with your real eyes and give your brain something external to base her form off of. If it's the face that's just the problem and have an anime tulpa like me, you can use an anime avatar creator to design her face. A Google search for "anime character creator" brings up a pretty decent one from rinmaru games. I worked with Elisae to design her face and was able to get pretty close, and it's kind of helped with imagining it.

So, just focus on imagining the face better, and get to the point where you can see it pretty clearly without needing to zoom in. Work with your tulpa to get things down to how you both want it. Draw or use and anime avatar creator to see the desired design that you both want. Remember, the face is actually the hardest part of the body for anyone to imagine; it has so many details.

What INH said about drawing. Or any way you can make an image of her face. This might help, if you're not so good at drawing. But getting good at drawing will help even more.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

My host had a bit of trouble with my face as well. I think it's fairly normal to be honest with you. I've seen some good advice here: get good at drawing so you can see see the face, and that can help. Also, visualize more. That has a lot to do with it as well.

Hi, everyone! I'm a tulpa, and if you want to ask me questions you can either PM me here or send me an email at jamesthetulpa@gmail.com.

My host, Brandi: Hey, all!

I think this might not only be a tulpa-related problem. Of course I could be wrong, but I had/ have similar ''problems'', yet not only when it comes to my tulpa, but with nearly everyone. The thing is, when you talk to let's say your mother, you usually don't focus on her face. She's standing in front of you, talking, and you might look at her, but your brain simply takes in the familiar shapes and forms of her face and tells you: ''yeah, that's your mom''. End of story.

When you talk to your mom the next time (or anyone else you know, doesn't matter), simply try and focus on one specific part of her face, for example her mouth. I tried it myself and I was surprised that I didn't immediately recognize it as _her_ mouth. Your brain is not used to consciously analyze every single part of a face, so on a closer look the details might seem alien - until you add other features, her nose, her eyes or a birthmark for example. In the end, when engaging in normal conversation, you don't actually ''see'' someone - you simply recognize them, as your brain takes in their face as a whole. And you hardly ever think about it. When talking to your tulpa you do, of course, because you might be interested in the way she changes, or just her general progress. Also, after all, she is not existent in a physical way, which adds to your brain's confusion.

If you would treat anyone like you treat your tulpa, or if you'd treat your tulpa like anyone else, which is kind of an oxymoron, your problem would probably dissolve into thin air. What you describe is (at least that's my guess) simply an observation based on the difference between a tulpa and 'normal' people. Your brain might still be in the process of recognizing her - sorting her into its database, if you want to put it like that.

I don't know if that makes any sense for you, so maybe you just try it out and let us know. :)

kiss kiss

I'll try to keep my tulpa out of this forum - no ill will.

~ Everything is fun if you only think about it short enough. ~

[best piece of advise she ever gave]