• Last visited

Custom Title

• Member Title
    Sky Dragon

Personal Information

• Discord
    Felight#8733

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. It's really amazing to me how much happier everyone in our system has been since we learned how to switch. Apollo's lost this constant tension/angst he would carry around that made it impossible for him to be happy or content. Now he's more upbeat and sociable, he doesn't feel that endless bad mood anymore. Piano used to barely want to be part of the system, now he's active and enjoys fronting and doesn't think about leaving the system at all anymore. Even I used to have really bad crashes in my mood, but that hasn't happened. The only problems in our mood are just... something external in our life that we're trying to solve, and also us missing Radio. At night we just get in this bad mood about how he left and what that means for us, like we're failures of tulpas. But I know he'll be back eventually. Switching was just an absolute life-saver for all of us. I'm so happy we finally figured it out. 2023 is going to be a year.
  2. We're trying to get back into drawing so here's a few we've made recently: Apollo Piano Apollo & Piano Gelato (used a base) Also for fun, here's some AI art: 1 2
  3. Hello! I wanted to make a reintroduction post here, since we'll be hopefully updating this for the foreseeable future. We're the Felight system, meaning we each take on Felight as a surname. However, we do not prefer to be individually referred to as "Felight," only use it if you're referring to the collective :) We're an FTM (he/him exclusively) system of 6, almost 23 years old, having been a system for 6 years (though we do not recommend anyone else start at the age we did). We have a developer job and like to write and draw. We live on our own (with two cats, Zola and Muse), so we're free to do whatever we want in regards to fronting. Our system is organized into three groups of two. The first two groups are fronting pairs. Each member of a pair will assist, co-front, and switch with the other member during their scheduled fronting time as necessary. Those pairs are: The Cosmicals Apollo Fire the Sun God: A tulpa created by the original at the very start of this thread, on December 3rd, 2016, he has a fiery goth form, with fire wings/tail and a black and orange jacket. Also sometimes a fire rabbit. He's sort of serious and sometimes comes off harsh because he's not the best with his words, but he means well. He's been mellowing out a bunch since we learned how to switch, since that huge source of anxiety/unease is gone now. He enjoys female-led metal and punk music, especially Icon For Hire and Paramore. He is a 1w2 on the Enneagram, "The Advocate." Piano Soul the Star Man: An accidental tulpa who formed through a merge gone wrong on/after January 26th, 2017. He has space wings/tail, and w ears the color purple. Sometimes he'll morph into a space cat or bird. He's a very calming individual, sometimes taking front when the rest of us are distressed. He's eloquent and mild-mannered. He likes what we refer to as "dad rock," meaning mostly stuff that our body's dad would play. His favorite artist is David Bowie. He is a 5w6, "The Problem Solver." The Mythicals Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon: Me! I was created by a tulpa who's no longer around on October 2nd, 2017. My human form has long gray hair, blue horns, a dragon tail, and dragon wings made out of the sky. I also use a small dragon form that has the same wings and is bright blue. I'm very energetic and excitable, for the longest time felt like the odd one out in my system, cuz everyone else seems so serious. I can be serious when I need to, but I'm childlike and hyper otherwise. I like happy pop and electro swing, my favorite band is ABBA. I'm a 7w6, "The Entertainer." Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster: My beloved, my own creation. I formed him late December 10th, but we're setting his birthday as the 11th for reasons. Sort of not properly planned out or agreed upon... I made him during a mental breakdown where I just wasn't thinking right, and the rest of my system couldn't stop me. First new headmate in five years. Anyway, he has long braided strawberry blonde hair and wears a pink shawl, he also has axolotl features and an axolotl form. Also wings made of pink water. He's a lot like me due to his creation, however he's brand new so he'll develop a more distinct personality over time. Though he wasn't created in the best of circumstances, we're all really happy we have him, especially me. He likes reggae music. I'd say for now he's a 6w7, "The Buddy." The third pair don't front, or at least only front when they want to or they're asked to. Their "job" is to assist and wrangle the fronters into doing important stuff, also giving advice and input where needed. The Lyricals Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker: He was created on March 3rd, 2017 by Radio. Back then, cuz the system was a teenager and very immature when it came to tulpas, it was out of control and grew too much too fast. Around September of that year, Dynamo and two non-sentient headmates went away so the system could function better. He's come back off and on since then. He's back now, hopefully for good this time. He has long blonde hair and black biker clothes, also a demon tail and electric wings. His personality isn't stable due to coming and going so much, but that'll improve with time. He likes hard classic rock, stuff that's too loud for Piano. He especially likes the Ramones. He is an 8w7, "The Maverick." He is in charge of the Mythicals. Radio Hiss the Song Demon: The original (we do not use the word "host"). We've had a rocky relationship with him due to his past neglect and apathy, but we're looking to improve that. After we learned to switch he wanted to just leave the system for a while, but that did not last as long as we thought it would. He wants to be part of it, albeit no longer a fronter. He has a form inspired by the wrestler Kane, also a demon tail and wings patterned with red musical notes. He's very reserved, but bring up the Beatles or Paul McCartney and he'll light up. He's a 4w5, "The Bohemian," and he is in charge of the Cosmicals. Anyway! As mentioned, we finally learned how to switch! After almost 6 years of trying, we got it down, on November 23rd. Me and Piano were off and on affirming things like "we can switch, we've always been able to switch," and then we suddenly just... gained the ability to yeet Radio. We've always been able to control the body, but Radio's always been there and has taken over constantly. That's not the case anymore! Radio isn't the primary fronter anymore, and the rest of us are taking care of each other and organizing the system in a way to maximize happiness. Things will never be as bad as they were before, because that huge weight is lifted off of us and we're able to proceed with other goals. We're also somedays able to keep everyone co-con, and we're working on making that a more consistent thing. So our current goals are making co-con consistent and learning how to co-front better. We'll be updating this thread with progress on those fronts as well as others as necessary! Happy tulpamancing!
  4. The main thing people should know about intrusive thoughts is that they are not powerful and not worth attention. Ignoring them is one of the best ways to deal with them, as well as not treating them like they have any inherent power or or control over anything. This guide doesn't tell how to do any of those things, it is just "here's something I did with my eyes instead of just ignoring the intrusive thought." I can't see this as being very useful, I can't approve it.
  5. As long as you're not left-handed and play guitar I'm sure you'll be fine.
  6. [align=justify]Radio wants a new middle name. He thinks his just being a wrestler he likes is lame. Rules: It has to be 4 letters, and can't start with R, A, P, I, B, S, L, or F. Has to be one syllable (even though "Fire" is technically two syllables but ehhhh). Maaaybe two syllables if they sort of blend together Has to be like a word, not an actual name. No "Ross" or "Jack" or whatever. L might be okay if it's a good one though. Maybe something related to the current theme he has going on. "Radio __ the Song Demon" Or something related to music, he'd probably prefer that. Hmu[/align] (also don't say "Host" :P ) [Radio] I might change the "Demon" thing since it just sounds edgy. It was after Kane, since he's the "Devil's Favorite Demon" and all that, but meh.
  7. Our take on this concept is that there's less of an actual personified "self" at play, and more that there are two (or more?) modes that one can swap between when fronting. Active mode would be that the person fronting is either thinking about themself or are required to be themself in some way. So for a tulpa fronting, they would probably 99% of the time either be thinking of themself or doing something that involves or requires them. For example, me writing this post under my own account requires me (though I'm a little blendy with Piano since he just eats this sort of theory stuff up), since it's my account and my "voice." It's the active me doing this, actively being me or thinking about me. If I were to have to do something completely unrelated to me and/or I stopped thinking of myself while doing it, the brain would want to go into a passive mode. However... it's harder for a fronting tulpa to go into passive mode if they're only possessing and not switched. To cut the extra baggage, it defaults to the host's passive mode, since he's still the one switched in. If we're continually doing something that really doesn't require a particular person and just needs someone to get it done, it will typically remain Radio's passive mode doing it, even if we go "hey I'm supposed to be fronting here." And that's why fronting feels like an uphill battle a lot of the time. We can't just passively front, we have to be actively required or actively thinking about ourselves. If we can get more of a passive mode going for us, that would be a step towards actually switching. The brain wouldn't have to default to Radio's passive mode, it could go to ours instead. Passive mode for Radio seems to come in a least two flavors that we can identify. The first would be task-focused. We want or need something done (and that thing doesn't explicitly require any particular person to do it), so Radio's passive mode comes out to do it. This can be anything from listening to a lecture at school to just walking to a certain location on campus. If we're not making a conscious effort to maintain our own active modes, Radio's passive mode comes in. The other passive mode is less task-focused and more just what happens during idle moments where nobody's active mode is present. Standing around at work. Sitting around at home. Watching YouTube videos. These are all idle activities that don't explicitly require a tulpa, so Radio's passive mode starts up. I think if we were to develop our own passive modes, we should think about breaking it into the two categories: task-focused and idle-existence. What does passive Indigo do when he's focused on a task? What does he do when he's just standing around? I think that sort of thinking might be a good place to start. Other than that, working on having our active mode on as much as possible might lead to the development of more of a passive mode that doesn't default to Radio. Meditating on trying to get Radio's passive mode to calm down could maybe also work, we'll just have to see. The main idea is that if a fronting tulpa can maintain a passive self during task/idle moments, the host's passive self would have less opportunity to come in, which could help build up more and more consistent fronting for the tulpa and less and less activity for the host. Eventually, perhaps, the host could take an inactive mode, and the switch would occur. We like this theory because it does seem to put a lot of pieces together in a way that makes sense and answers a lot of questions. Even if all the terminology here like "passive mode" or whatever is a little much, I think in the end the methodology to it might be a big help to actually cracking the switching puzzle.
  8. I don't mean the "Killer" character, I mean the character of Alice himself. I'm pretty sure "Killer" was just a certain incarnation of Alice.
  9. My system are are huge fans of Alice Cooper. We have a fun little theory that the Alice character is actually a tulpa that comes out during performances. There's actually a lot of evidence to back it up from interviews and such.
  10. I don't know where people get this idea that we have some list of "standards" we're all collectively using. We have general guidelines to go off of like accuracy, usefulness, etc., but other than that there isn't some litmus test for whether or not a guide should get someone's approval other than their own personal opinion. A guide needs 4/7 approvals to be officially approved. That's 57%, not even a passing grade on a quiz. If that's too high standards, feel free to make a thread about it in GAT Discussion and we can see about revising it.
  11. Nope it's me not having switched to my own account yet lolllllllll
  12. Tulpas are people/humans. They can have as much capability as any other human, but no more. They are not mystical or fantastical. They work within the realms of reality, not outside of it.