lurkatron9200

Members
  • Last visited

Personal Information

1. It is my personal opinion that you should not try to make a Tulpa unless you can admit to yourself that the only reason you're making the Tulpa is because you want to make a Tulpa. Additionally, creating a tulpa should not be a means to an end. What happens when you've accomplished your goal? What happens with the Tulpa? "I don't really need you anymore, but, uh, stick around I guess." That doesn't really fly IMO. If you have already read some of the posts here, you understand that what you are proposing is a very advanced technique. In addition to actually, y'know, creating the tulpa, you will have to nail down techniques that some folks who have been whacking away at for years have not been able to accomplish. Separate your goals. Improving your personality is ACTUALLY NOT HARD if you ACTUALLY WANT TO DO IT. I can even prescribe to you a method right here and now. This might be a bit familiar if you have read any tulpa-creation guides, but instead of externalizing a trait, you will internalize it. 1: Identify a character flaw that you would like to abolish. 2: Think of potential situations in which that flaw would be brought out. Imagine what a better you would do instead. Resolve yourself to do it that way. 3: Constantly remind yourself throughout the day. Send yourself texts every few hours via IFTTT. Write it in ink on your hand. Create a representative bracelet out of yarn and wear it around. 4: When a situation comes up that touches on the trait, bring the Better You's actions to mindfulness and then immediately perform it. A lot of folks think that doing this for 21-days will create a new habit that will be tough to break. Plenty of people dispute that, but there is some truth to it. We are what we repeatedly do is the cornerstone to almost every self-help book that has been written. I guarantee you that after a month of practicing your new habit, you will not have to think about it anymore and your personality will effectively have changed. Make your tulpa anyways. Making forcing into a habit is one of the first parts of the process, and you're already making a habit anyways ;)
  2. ^^ There's a number of terms. co-fronting, sense sharing, eclipsing. There's a little discussion here that you might be interested in. Also see the 'mutual possession' thread in the rejected guides area. Personal advice, try not to get overly hung up on terminologies and just enjoy your experiences for what they are.
  3. Lots of people read. I like to keep tabs on what's happening in the tulpaverse by checking most of the new posts since my last visit, and your pr always has something new. If I'm not mistaken you're posting from mobile. On the desktop site you can see the number of views from the index. You're quite popular.
  4. Magicians have a saying: The most powerful counter-spell is doubt. There is another saying: Success is thy proof. Sound familiar? It's all over the board. Magick is, roughly: You meditate on a statement that you would like to be true, willing it to be true. You perform a ritual, loaded with symbolism, that sets the will into motion. You must convince yourself that what you have done has worked, or it won't. You might keep a journal, so you can see how the spell might have affected the big picture of your life. Sound familiar? Read any Progress Report on the forum if it isn't. Egregores, soulbonds, headmates, fictives, tulpas, daemons. They are all branches of the same "Thoughtforms" tree. They share the same roots and trunk: meditation, but the final approach might differ. The forum wants to insist everything is scientific, but I can count on one hand the number of logs that even attempt to adhere to something slightly resembling the scientific method. The actual results do not appear measurable aside from taking each other's word for it. Nothing here is objectively measurable, even if it can be reliably reproduced by others. Yet another hallmark of magick.
  5. I know what you mean about living in a small community. Changing yourself is hard enough, but changing other people's ongoing perception of you is nearly impossible. I hate the phrase "run away from your problems," but moving to a new city was one of the best decisions I ever made for myself. It wasn't even that significant, just 30 miles down the highway, but everything is different. Everybody you meet makes a fresh new impression of you and it can be anything you want it to be. The folks who stayed behind are in a bad spot, there is no secondary education there, there are no good jobs there, there are no new people there. Now that I'm here, I don't really consider my life to have begun until after I struck out on my own. I don't do tulpa and I've never been depressed, so I can't really sympathize or offer advice to your current situation. I've been lurking the forum because I find it interesting(no offense), and some of the discussions are useful to vanilla meditation so I'm not completely wasting my time. I just thought I'd break radio silence to let you know someone is rooting for you. Godspeed.