How to make it so you see tulpa in reality?

I'm getting new to this tulpa stuff and I just want to figure out how to see my tulpa in real life, if anyone could give a super specific step by step explanation that would be greatly appreciated.

Hello there! You're talking about visual imposition, which is some fairly-trodden territory in the tulpamancy community. Other communities out there call the phenomenon using other names but here we just call it imposition.

Firstly, I'd recommend checking out some guides just to get a baseline understanding of what you'd need to do to impose. Granted, some of these guides are a couple of years old, but regardless they're considered the gold standard for most when starting out and it's better to take something over nothing anyway. You'll want to hit up the imposition section on the master list of guides to find a comprehensive list, although there is one on the Tulpanomicon that's also pretty good.

Q2's is the best one out there currently, JD's explains a lot of what happens behind the scenes, and there are more that are more or less on the same premise. There's supposed to be another TBA guide being made by Breloomancer, one of the main imposers on this forum. Keep an eye out for that one when it drops.

From my own experience, belief is one of the biggest aspects of imposition. You're basically convincing yourself that this is possible. The more you impose, the more your oh-so-malleable brain will start to accept the imposition as legitimate, and you'll begin to start seeing some progress. That's why practices like self-hypnosis can be beneficial, which you can also find a guide for if you're ever interested in learning.

How do you actually do imposition? This was one of my own questions when starting out. There are different methods depending on which sense you choose to focus on, but visual is the sense I've spent the most time on by far so I can only go so far with help if you ask for info regarding the other senses.

For visual, I started out with presence imposition, which is a term in tulpamancy used to describe imposition that merely makes it feel like your tulpa's in the room with you/sitting on the couch/by the dinner table/etc. This turned out to be foundational for visual imposition as I found out later, because presence is represented in your mind within the same real-world space as the light being beamed to your eyes. It's all being compiled in the same place. This isn't presence imposition like I described before; it's moreso the "active forcing" of presence imposition practice. For ~30-40 minutes at a time, I'd spend my time walking around my tulpa, A3, and trying to see her from different angles all around. It was like I was mapping out how she looked in my mind as a 3D object, which in turn fleshed out her presence and makes her feel more real and tangible. Again, you're going for believability here.

If I had trouble perceiving an area, I'd simply run my hands through it as if I were sculpting a giant clay statue. Then, I'd stare at it again and repeat the process. I like to call this technique 'mindsculpting'. It makes it so that you can compare the depth and distance of a real-life, tangible object (like your hands) with the depth of an imposed object while also doing double-duty to make it feel like you're putting your hands on something that's actually there.

I also focused a lot on visual noise in my practice, which is the static you can see in your vision when light levels are low. Because your brain can't perceive the environment around it that well in the dark, it shoots out noise to compensate. That's the short answer, but it's helpful for imposition as well. Some people have taken to trying to see shapes in their noise, or trying to perceive it on a presence imposition (which helps to make it more opaque if you practice it enough).

Finally, the last thing that is paramount to any good imposition is practice. Just like in drawing, breakdancing, or anything else for that matter; the point is, there is no shirking it if you want to ever get anywhere with it. Here's some rapid-fire tips for practicing.

• Turn your focus to consistency instead of more unpredictable things like motivation. If you base your habits off something that's constantly going up and down like motivation, your imposition journey is guaranteed to be a bumpy ride. Practice. Every. Day. It's obviously by no means a requirement, but as human beings it's hard to get back up when falling off the wagon. You may feel resistance for the first few consecutive days, but eventually it'll even out and you'll become accustomed to doing it. It only feels bad at the start, just remember that. Move past it and you'll be on the right track.
  • There's no need to get frustrated at any time in the process. You're still learning! Any mistake or incapacity can be fixed by repetition or course correction if you happen to catch it. And don't ever start comparing yourself either, because you'll trip yourself up that way. Everyone starts off not knowing what they're doing. The last thing you need is a shift in your judgment!
  • Enjoy the small advancements when you see them. This one was from Bre to me. You'll be waiting on forever if you save your enjoyment for after you attain full imposition. Enjoy it, and don't let one bad practice ruin the rest.
  • Do what works. You don't need to follow the guides religiously, and honestly, you'd benefit a whole lot from personalizing your journey. Of course, the guides are there for a reason, but if you find something that makes the process easier for you that isn't explicitly listed, don't be shy to expand on it. Imposition is about making things easier for yourself, not hard.
  • Keep the bar at the bare minimum. It seems counterproductive, but setting high expectations for yourself in a practice session will more often than not leave you disappointed. Imposition is unpredictable, so it's not the best idea to try and predict the outcome. I know being able to see your tulpa is crazy exciting, but that only comes second to a good practice. Not a great one, just a good one.

You can see how deep the rabbit hole goes with imposition, but that's the fun of it. You get to discover things for yourself, and, if you ever decide to contribute, would be one of the few to take a commitment to it. I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my ability if you have any more, but I hope this helped

D-prime is shrinking as we speak.