2D images with visual imposition?

Hey, so I've started to see things while doing active sessions of visual imposition. The only problem is that they are 2D instead of 3D. I am imposing my tulpa in front of a blank wall but it seems as though I'm just projecting a picture of him instead of him as if he were there in the room. Is it normal for the begging forms of your tulpa to be 2D while imposing them? Should I try to get a clear image of him as 2D and then slowly form it to be 3D or just go for a 3D form all together? I hop this makes sense, thanks in advance.

When I started out, I also did 2D imposition on a wall like you. I wanted my tulpa to be 2D, but I had the exact same problem where the tulpa seemed to be more of a projection on the wall rather than the tulpa itself. My only solution was to imagine the tulpa as a 3D being. This makes it so that the tulpa fits the environment easier and makes more sense for the brain to visualize. Also another technique that helped me a lot was squinting/ blurring my eyes and visualizing the tulpa a few feet in front of me. It's also more about the presence of the tulpa, rather than its appearance. If you saw your tulpa in front of you, it could possibly be just a projection, and not the real tulpa. I personally would rather feel my tulpa's presence rather than see it without presence. Besides visualization is the hardest part, I did everything else, including possession, before I could even see my tulpa for more than a few seconds.