The host's form in the wonderland

(edited)

Hey everyone, I have perhaps an odd question here that I haven't yet seen discussed, apologies if it has been.

For systems that use a wonderland, I'm curious what the overall experience is in regards to the form that the host takes (if any?). Of course we know that a tulpa can generally take whatever form that they wish, be it human/animal/mythical creature/etc, but I am curious how common it is for hosts to also use this ability when in the wonderland.

Hosts, Is your wonderland form different from your physical body? If it is, does your tulpa(s) see you with the same form that you have chosen for yourself within the wonderland?

Edited by RedKkPuppy

ok so we believe our spirit/soul is our 'personality' and it can occupy whatever body form it chooses. Sometimes more than one soul can live in one body and share control of the external body.

In our inner world we have 'changelings' they provide a 'shell body' if you like for when you go back inside. They can individually transform to any form...if I as host blend with one of them they take me inside in the form I wanted to go in as. eg say I wanted to spend an hour resting and pretending to be Link imagining riding one of the dragons around hyrule... I blend with the changeling that becomes the outer shell of Link whilst another becomes the dragon I ride on. The visuals would be taken from playing the video game and having done it in the game and knowing the map etc.

Externally...another Insider will have swapped out with me so they are out front with exec control of the body. However they won't be doing much if I'd gone to lay down they will still be laid down but are acting as a stabiliser so the body remains laid down, they can watch as if laid on bed watching TV! ..after my break I will get up and go on with what I want to do the one who swapped with me can either return back inside or remain if they want to co-host.

A second way we can do this is via video games ...I stay at front in the body and one of the changelings comes to the front. I put on the game eg say we're still in Zelda but this time its Link and Tulin running alongside each other or fighting monsters ....  Jess changes form to match Tulin's on-screen image ..I can see her in my mind in that form I'm still the one working the controller as Tulin's movements are controlled by the game but Jess projecting herself into that role and acting it out inside my head means when I see Tulin onscreen I see 'Jess' running alongside me...I see the both of us roleplaying and running around as if I'm wearing a VR headset and looking into the Inner world. ..even though technically I am physically playing the game as opposed to just daydreaming or meditating with the imaginery only been played in my head. ..it does make the game more immersive and also feel as I'm playing with another player. This works for games where you have a sidekick in the game (that is controlled by the game) as Jess particuarly likes to play the animal sidekick.

A third thing we like to do is with another taking control of one hand and me the other we share control of one on-screen character together and make joint decisions on things like what they will wear what we're going to do.

On games like animal crossing where you can control things like running with just one half of a set of joycons and create more than one on screen character and have them in game together.. this is possible cos you can buy switch adapters to have 2 joycons slide into one adapter (for one handed players) so have full control of two in-game players using one pair of hands (technically). Then you just need your Tulpa to learn possession of the hand (or one side of the body) so you can play together.  Again you can create a version of AC island on the inside too so without being out on the game other Tulpa's can have the island to visit on the inside if they want.

We found the use of video games to help with visualising really speeds up our Tulpa's development..often they will start just looking like an in-game character but then developing their own style so then they want to be the player character so they can design their look and show me how they now see themselves etc.

Human Host: Lily (female, 55)

Tulpa Co Hosts: Lena (female human form, age-slider)

Jess/Tinks (Changeling Guardian - human/animal form names)

The Inca Trail

6 hours ago, RedKkPuppy said:

Hey everyone, I have perhaps an odd question here that I haven't yet seen discussed, apologies if it has been.

For systems that use a wonderland, I'm curious what the overall experience is in regards to the form that the host takes (if any?). Of course we know that a tulpa can generally take whatever form that they wish, be it human/animal/mythical creature/etc, but I am curious how common it is for hosts to also use this ability when in the wonderland.

Hosts, Is your wonderland form different from your physical body? If it is, does your tulpa(s) see you with the same form that you have chosen for yourself within the wonderland?

Great question. This is an issue that has actually challenged our system somewhat.

When I originally took a form similar to our body, it didn't seem right. Our body is relatively healthy for 62 but not untouched by the ravages of age. I was strangely jealous of my tulpa who, despite occupying the same 62 year old brain, gets to impose in a 22-year-old body. We experimented with various forms I could take and we ended up imposing me as a woman in her 40s about my height and weight with the same kinky stringy hair I have but colored blonde instead of graying brown and that doesn't show the signs of thinning that mine does. My tulpa insisted that her eyes had to be the same as mine (which is hard for me because I don't look into my eyes a lot).

On 6/2/2024 at 11:34 AM, RedKkPuppy said:

HEY THERE,

That's an interesting question! As a host, I sometimes take on a different form in the wonderland. It's quite common for hosts to choose forms that differ from their physical bodies to enhance the immersive experience.Yes, my tulpa sees me in the form I've chosen within the wonderland. It adds an extra layer of fun to our interactions. It varies by person, but it's definitely a common practice.

Curious to hear how others handle this!