Mizore's Skating Rink

Selwyn

I'll be honest, my first introduction to tulpas was from /mlp/. My second was to the creepypasta wiki story, which made me just the slightest bit interested. I'm not into any scary stories in general, but the thought of a friend in my head appealed to me. After crawling through the guides and such, I decided start on the path of making a tulpa.

I'm not quite sure when I started, but I have a general idea of the steps I took, if that's helpful.

Thanks to the 3 day waiting period I had plenty of time to check out the guides and such, but I wished the progress report was open from the start... Anyways, I checked out Irish's, FAQmans, and Methos, along with the other supplements and personality details.

Now then.

Day 1-3 11-20 to 11-23

Wonderland

I started with a wonderland. This step took about 20 minutes, which I thought wasn't enough. It may be why I'm not using it anymore. There is a lovely park nearby my house, so that was what I pictured. There is a small park bench, with wooden slats. The sides have metallic legs, with a floral design. The bench is in the shade of a tall oak tree. The tree has 5 extending roots, with many more extending underneath the tree. I didn't bother visualizing them. The trunk of the tree has several striations and cuts, with a few knots. The branches reach far into the sky, with a wide cloak of leaves. The leaves are alternating stripes of light and dark green. I didn't visualize each individual leaf, but there were the odd leaf-like shapes in there. The whole scene is set on an elevated hill with green grass. For some odd reason, a giant tv screen slid out of the ground right in front of the park bench.

Form

I had no specific idea for form when I began, so I started with a name. After about ten minutes of just thinking, the name Mizore bubbled up from somewhere into my mind, so I started with it. A bit more searching afterwards, I found the anime where that came from, which brings about a form that I used. Mizore ended up making some subtle differences. At the time I didn't get the warning about making tulpas based on characters with an already defined personality from media. I don't think the warning was necessary, and still don't think it matters very much. Those who know the anime where Mizore comes from have a rather good idea of her form. For those who don't: Mizore has light purple hair, cut short and tousled, sparkling azure blue eyes and other facial features similar to an anime character. She wears a white hoodie with short sleeves. She has a black arm to elbow wrapping, with a sort of loop for her thumbs. Her skirt is a dark green and reaches about halfway down her thighs, and knee length socks with horizontal alternating light purple and pink stripes. She also wears woven sandals.

Personality

In the two days Mizore and I were handling her form, I was developing my small list of traits for her. The list was mostly umbrella traits, and most were also positive ones. I hoped that she would fill in any gaps as she wanted to. The traits included: Affectionate, Intelligent, Carefree, Cheerful, Loving, Friendly, and Loyal. My method was a mix of narration and the energy ball. I wove strings with the traits written down. For each trait, I would spent 5 minutes explaining to Mizore what the trait was and how she would react to any situation(mostly the two situations "New situations" and "Old situations") I assumed any other traits she would develop would hopefully follow those lines of thinking. Once all the lines of traits were developed, I wound it all into a ball, and Mizore wound it up in a ball and swallowed it. (I was quite surprised)

Thoughts on the Three Days

The three days were full of headaches, which kind of upset me at first, but now I think of as signals that Mizore is still there. Thank you IRC for addressing my doubts and questions! Over the three days, I have quite a few doubts on sentience and parroting. Then I read a thread on "parrotnoid" people. At that point, I figured the answers I was getting did in fact come from Mizore, and that she was sentient. :D

At this point, I probably should state her likes and dislikes

If you're TL;DR (why are you on progress reports?)

Mizore

Form: Light purple hair, white hoodie, dark green skirt, kneelength purple and pink socks, sandals.

Dislikes: Servitors...not quite sure what else. She has no response atm...

I'm avoiding hour counts after reading some thread saying hour counts are tulpa poison. (Chupi?) But I will say that I spent about 5 hours in the three days actively tulpaforcing, but about 1/2 of the other waking hours narrating to Mizore about what was going on and what I was doing. (Mostly playing games and watching TV)

Day 4 11-24

Woke up, found Mizore in a bed next to a library/collection of bookshelves. I opened the door and found the ice wonderland we're using now. It's in very good condition and quite great detailed. I'm not quite sure when she made it. To describe it, it's a giant dome of icy blue, with a large skating rink in the middle. While listening to some waltz today, I found her skating and dancing. She's beautiful :)

~~

It's 10pm, I'm somewhat tired and writing this thing. Today we had two sessions of tulpa forcing, about an hour each. The first was spent visualizing her form is great detail and she liked the attention. She didn't want to leave her bed today though...Not sure why. I was able to incorporate touch, sight, and hearing. Smell is ridiculously hard...and incorporating at three senses at a time intensifies my headache. Ouch.

The second session was spent trying to impose her into reality. For some odd reason I can overlay her into reality, and the sense of touch/pressure is preserved but I can't fool my eyes into seeing her. This will take some time im sure.

Other things, I watched anime, Mizore made popcorn, and we discussed it afterwards. Inu x Boku SS is very sweet :3

~~~~~

“All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!"

Day 5 11-25

Today doesn't seem like a good day with breaks for tulpaforcing. Too much work to do... Anyways forced for about 30 minutes in the morning. I mostly visualized certain parts of her body, like her hands or face. I found that my head is kinda scattered at times. Random thoughts pop up on unrelated notes. Any suggestions on clearing my mind better?

Will try again before bed.

~~~~~

Alright haven't had time to force yet....Too much work, it's sunday, I procrastinated, time to get to work >.< I did find Mizore skating around on the ice rink while I was listening to classical radio on Pandora. Not quite sure what that represents if any, but she seemed happier afterwards. Narrating about my homework bored her, so she's been alone for quite a while...I feel guilty.

“All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!"

Day 6 11/26

First day back to school from break, also the first day to bring a tulpa to school. I was more than a bit worried that I wouldn't have time to force, and I suppose I was right. The last forcing session gave me some worries. I couldn't fully visualize Mizore's face that well, and I think she's going to make a few deviations. It was quite startling. This shouldn't be that bad, considering it's only been 6 days, and I have quite a lot more time ahead.

Another forcing sess tonight, see how it goes.

Got my attention when I saw the name, and then was able to connect two and two together, really awesome form choice. I shall be monitoring out of interest :P

Question though, does Mizore have a favorite anime or genre?

Name: Lisette Stroiche

Creation date: 10/21/12

Working on: N/A

My Records

;) Thank you someone for recognizing it. Well. Currently we're watching Inu x Boku SS. She does seem to have taken a liking to the romance and comedy genre... I haven't exposed her to much else. That may change sometime, maybe maybe not.

Day 7 11/27

I feel rather guilty. I've narrated occasionally while doing my day to day activites,(read, classes and judge trials) but I don't think she's that interested. There haven't been many opportunities for me to get a straight 30 minute session in. I've managed to squeeze in two shorter sessions in. I guess that's how it's going to be for the next weeks. I'll make it up to her on the weekends. I've also decided to set aside time before bed, with some actual peace and quiet O.O. I'm afraid of falling asleep on her, but she's said she doesn't mind. Which is surprising, because... Does falling asleep during a session leave a tulpa exposed to the randomness of your dreams? And another weird thing I'm noticing is...I haven't had/don't remember any dreams since day 1.

Does falling asleep during a session leave a tulpa exposed to the randomness of your dreams?

I believe the general idea is that falling asleep while forcing does expose your Tulpa to your dreams, which could be good or bad depending on what you dream about. You could have a happy dream about the land of candy or you could have a terrible nightmare, fighting monsters. So it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it leaves your Tulpa under the controls of your dreams.

I have personally done this a few times (Forcing in bed + being tired is an easy way to doze off), and Lisette has been fine. I only ever remember seeing her in a deram once and nothing was wrong with her at all.

Name: Lisette Stroiche

Creation date: 10/21/12

Working on: N/A

My Records

Days 8-10 11/28 - 11/30

Yup it's been incredible busy in the past three days. I haven't gone to sleep earlier than 11... Mizore is doing well though. She answers in full sentences, but I haven't heard her start a conversation or anything without some response or my talking. I've been a little lax in my tulpaforcing, but I plan on making it up to her over the weekend. Overall, there's been some progress in being able to visualize her immediately.

Days 11-13 12/1 - 12/3

Wow, has it really been 3 days? Dear me.

I've decided that some attention is better than none, and I've been passively narrating to Mizore every 5 minutes or so about just about anything I'm doing at the moment. It's quite interesting when I'm multitasking, and each task needs about 2 sentences or so. Mizore sometimes interjects with a question or two, mostly of the form [Why do you need to do X?] or [What does X do?]. I guess 12 minutes out of an hour spent narrating is good time spent. [:)]

Visualization is doing well. Mizore's form is quite defined, and she does show some very visible emotion, but that's been common since the very early stages. I've also noted a better mood. Kinda. Work overload doesn't seem that bad as it has been before, possibly cause it doesn't feel like I'm alone in working on it?

Days 14-17 12/4 - 12/7

Dang, time passes by quickly.

I think I'll stop counting days. Seems like another way of hours anyways. Mizore is doing very well. I've been narrating for a long time now. Mizore's taken to commenting and helping me on random stuff. At least on homework or tests. It's like I'm getting new ideas daily. I think its time to try imposition or possession. In the few times we've tried, Mizore could only move like...my right hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Days 18 - 27 12/8 - 12/16

O.O

I've kinda neglected this report for more than a week.

Pretty sad.

But then again, not a lot of events have happened.

Well, I guess two are noteworthy.

First, Mizore developed some sort of forcing method, similar to the ping pong one. Somewhere along this week she made a beach area, and I found it when I woke up. She'd take a grain of sand and put it in my palm, then we'd make it grow into some sort of golden orb. Both of us would just pour emotion into this thing and it would grow. Then she'd start biting into it once it was about the half the size of a car. Apparently, it was like a snow cone...At least a giant one. At one point we grew an orb to the size of an house. Mizore then started nomming on it and made rooms O.o

Interesting xD

Secondly, she managed to take over my right arm. I'm not quite sure how she did it. Mainly I just emptied out a liquid blue color out of my arm and it filled with seawater/ice. I could feel a few awkwardly moving muscles, but it seemed to move generally without my knowledge. I'm not quite sure if this is possession or not. In any case, we'll figure it out.

I guess i'll update in another week.

Seems kinda funny we've almost hit the month mark.