Tulpa and brain chemicals

SolEvil

Ok, so I tried something earlier today. I asked Nola to try to give me a feeling of being on pain pills. I got a feeling of being on maybe a low-medium dose of codeine. Comparable to about 20mg of hydrocodone, not sure how much it would be as far as codeine goes since I've never actually taken less than 300mg of codeine at a time before. Basically what I'm trying to say is it was about as intense as 20mg of hydrocodone, but the buzz was very codeine like, even got what felt like the codeine itch. I got the warm feeling, starting at the head and chest, and it spread to the rest of my body. I got a decent euphoria and felt the nod you experience on pk's.

Even if this is all psychological it sure was fun.

Sounds like she has more control of you then you do. How can she control you more than you can control yourself??? Interesting indeed

Those who stand in the way of virtue shall fail!

A tulpa can only do what you allow them to. I allowed my tulpa to do that. If I did not want my tulpa to be able to do something like that then she could not.

Lurk more.

A tulpa can only do what you allow them to. I allowed my tulpa to do that. If I did not want my tulpa to be able to do something like that then she could not.

Lurk more.

Its easier to gut you for information.

Those who stand in the way of virtue shall fail!

That's why I've set out to destroy Liu Bei with my mighty imperial army. I take you wish to join me, SolEvil? I currently have Shawn Bang overrun, and soon enough, all territory beyond Chen Dew is pretty much mine. Grab a spear, soldier.

Opinionated stub.

That's why I've set out to destroy Liu Bei with my mighty imperial army. I take you wish to join me, SolEvil? I currently have Shawn Bang overrun, and soon enough, all territory beyond Chen Dew is pretty much mine. Grab a spear, soldier.

Only if you can promise me bitches and morphine. Lots of bitches and morphine.

Dear LucidAcid

Yes a tulpa can not deal with individual neuron fireing, however you are missing a vital point. It isnt the stimuli that your body is being given but the interpretation by the brain. the interpretation by the brain is given by the subconscious and since a tulpa is formed from the subconscious it is only logical that it can change your perception of the world (HENSE WHY YOU CAN SEE IT)

For those who are unable to go under anesthetic for medical procedures medical hypnosis is used as an alternative (approved in America to the point where at least 1 member of the surgical team must be trained) which when you are drilling in to bone such as brain surgery or cutting through a chest cavity in the case of heart surgery, mearly dulling the effects would not be enough and so no pain is felt under medical hypnosis.

Further evidence is the multiple documented cases going back over a century to stage hypnosis where such famous people as Derren Brown feel the need to prove a point by shoving a stile needle through someone's hand while they are still conscious for funzies

If you have any further questions on the subject I'll do my best to answer

Great, so my theory isn't all that farfetched. That is kind of along the line of what I was thinking, but I couldn't quite come up with what to say or have any facts to back any of it up. Thanks for explaining that, saves me a lot of time looking this stuff up myself.

I thought we had this discussion before, can't find the post though.

Clair (one of ThatOneGuy's Crew) has been able to release chemicals in the brain, change the pace of the heart, and even remove all symptoms of really bad hangovers -- they've been doing quite a bit of experimenting with that sort of thing awhile ago.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I don't understand neurochemistry much, so this is greatly simplified, but perhaps some will find it informative.

It'd be helpful here to make a distinction between two types of neurotransmitters:

One type comprises fast neurotransmitters that convey signals between individual neurons.

I know of three: glutamate (excitatory), GABA (mostly inhibitory), and Acetylcholine (excitatory, acts at neuromuscular junctions)

The other type is involved in neuromodulation, which is in large part an autonomic function. In contrast to the local and fast effect of the first type, these neurotransmitters, when released, diffuse throughout larger portions of the brain and linger there a while.

These are dopamine, serotonin, acetylcholine (in the CNS), and some others.

The OP seems to discuss neuromodulation, so I'll address that.

Neuromodulation can't cause any abruptly diminishing or transient or local effects, so tulpas' ability to cause sharp and short local pain bursts or anaesthesia is not a very cogent argument to support the hypothesis that tulpas can affect neuromodulation. Moreover, the only neurotransmitter, I think, that can inhibit pain is noradrenaline.

Much of what tulpas do happens in the cerebrum and perhaps even in the diencephalon (thalamus), but that I doubt. In case of pain, the signal is probably blocked in the somatosensory cortex — just before it reaches the conscious mind. GABA signalling is surely involved in that, but then again, it is involved in almost every process occurring in the brain.

So, I agree with Lucid. Pain induced by a tulpa and pain inhibition are purely psychological, though I prefer illusory or hallucinatory to signify the relation to those visual hallucinations in people with fully imposed tulpas. Eh, it doesn't matter.

As for hypnosis, it can induce numbness in local areas as well, such as the hands or jaw, while leaving other body parts unaffected, so it definitely operates on a higher level than simple brain chemistry alteration.

You can also trigger the release of endorphins consciously by making yourself excited, which isn't that hard, or making yourself laugh— somehow. By the way, your mood can be changed by other means than just by releasing chemicals into the brain.

So to summarise everything, tulpas can alter neuromodulation, and so can some people consciously to a lesser extent, but I don't think they can directly. If you look at pain as ordinary sensory information, you'll realise it's easier to manipulate it where tulpas have more control, which is the cortex, namely its sensory areas. Autonomic functions are much harder to mess with.

Can tulpas release neurotransmitters at will? Can they detect their levels in the brain extracellular fluid? Can they delude themselves into thinking they can?

Oh god, why are some of the sentences so long, and and the commas, man, the commas! Kill it!