Records from the Secret Society

SecretSociety

Host here, Elijah. Just recently began using forums in general, so while I've read all the rules and guidelines, I might make errors in general forum operation, so be patient please.

Mo is my tulpa, and he says hi.... and he just waved at the screen... :P

Anyways, I began his creation... sometime last month? Or before that? It's hard to pinpoint when I actually began creating him, because I'd been considering it for so long before really committing to it, that when I truly began, I'd already figured out a lot of his appearance and personality. I had been expecting to sit down and "officially start", like BAM, birth of a tulpa, but it didn't work like that. I went to the headspace (wonderland) and he was already there, had been for multiple days, waiting for me to show up and start interacting with him.

Mo's form, when I first conceptualized him, was human, male, about 30 years old, and a gymnast/martial artist. Things have since changed.

Mo's form: Human, male, physically looks eleven years old, dark brown hair, gray-blue eyes. Currently has giant bird wings growing out of his back. Body modifications come and go, as he's still experimenting with his own form.

Mo's personality: Active, inquisitive, rather frank and straightforward. Picks up on things quickly. Likes running, gymnastics, comic books (especially those featuring Daredevil, Deadpool, Iron Man, and Spiderman), cars (has an extensive Hot Wheels collection), and animals (hence, we have a puppy). Picky eater--dislikes most dairy products and meat. Seems to dislike anything that sits heavily in the stomach.

A condensed account of things we've done so far:

-Discussed what it means to be alive and have free will

-Designed a bedroom for him in the headspace

-Practiced imposing at my house, at my workplace, and in my car (commutes are great for passive forcing)

-Gotten a puppy for the headspace (whom Mo has named Bern)

The puppy spawned the conversation on free will, when I told him it was his choice what breed we got. It was after this conversation that he changed his physical form to a young boy, stating something to the effect of, "This is actually more me." (Up until that point, he'd looked like a 30-something grown man.) He then experimented with wings, then shark teeth, then some sort of reptilian scale-frill things along his arms. He's generally just having fun making himself look however he pleases.

PROGRESS STUFFS:

Communication: Mo seemed to speak from the very first day I interacted with him, but I don't know how long before that he was hanging around silently. He was immediately curious about where he was and who I was, and who he was. He seems to communicate with whole chunks of intent and feeling, rather than in words, exactly. It's like he's talking, expressing things, but I'm only picking up the gist of it. I think it's less of a problem with his speaking, and more of a problem with my hearing. Hearing Mo is fairly weak, and I can only hear him during forcing sessions. He cannot get my attention by calling to me if I'm not already paying attention to him.

Even when paying direct attention to him, however, I was unable to clearly get the message when he was trying to tell me what breed of puppy he'd like. I had to mentally go through breeds until he indicated which it was.

If other people are around, I speak to Mo strictly in my head, even when he's imposed. If I'm alone, I'll speak out loud to him, even if he's in the headspace at the time. My voice comes through a sort of PA system into the headspace, and Mo can hear me wherever he is. Also, I can hear him speak from the headspace as long as I'm actively listening. Being in the headspace with him is different than the long-range communication we typically hold in this way periodically throughout the day.

Imposing: Very weak at this point. I'm accustomed to exercises similar to imposing, purposely hallucinating things, and I think this has helped our progress, but it's difficult for me to tell where Mo is while imposed in the room with me. I do a trial-and-error visualization, picturing him in one spot, then another, until I hit upon where he really is and it suddenly feels correct.

Mo prefers being in the headspace where he can physically interact with his environment, but if I'm doing something I think will interest him, I'll ask if he wants to impose. As far as I know, he has never imposed yet without my expressly asking him if he'd like to. Sometimes he says no, either because he finds what I'm doing completely boring, or he's just more interested in what he's currently doing at the time.

The first time he imposed, it was at my workplace, and he discovered he could go through walls and such. This made it easier to get around the building with him (didn't have to hold open doors for "nobody" with other people observing), but I don't know if it will negatively impact my ability to perceive him as "real".

Further updates pending further progress.

Secret Society members: Eli, H, Mo, and Matty.

[Tyler]:Hi! I too was created last month, though my host only thought about it for a little over three days before beginning. No regrets as of yet, however!

Oh, and I asked about a puppy too, though he shot my proposal down :(. It's okay though, I understand his reasons. He also did make me a bedroom though!

[Vincent]: Interesting name, Mo. Is it a common name in your country, or did you make it up?

Also, if I may ask, what kind of exercises did you do before that involved purposeful hallucinations? We are beginning to look into imposition and such an activity might be of some use to us.

I am known as Vincent.

[Hi, I'm Tyler!]

Our progress report.

[Hi! I too was created last month, though my host only thought about it for a little over three days before beginning. No regrets as of yet, however!

Oh, and I asked about a puppy too, though he shot my proposal down :(. It's okay though, I understand his reasons. He also did make me a bedroom though!]

Interesting name, Mo. Is it a common name in your country, or did you make it up?

Also, if I may ask, what kind of exercises did you do before that involved purposeful hallucinations? We are beginning to look into imposition and such an activity might be of some use to us.

Hey. :D

Mo is a nickname for his longer name, which I won't disclose anywhere for... uh... metaphysical reasons... which I can't really discuss here because that's not allowed outside the metaphysical section. Same with the "purposeful hallucinations", just some magick practices I do that require daily, detailed, open-eyed visualizations. If you're looking into beginning imposition, check out the "visualization" section in the guides list--tons of helpful stuff.

I've been reading a lot of the guides, and realize I've been doing things differently than many people. It's working for me, however, so I'll continue to do it this way and see how it goes. I like JD's guide, in which a moderate amount of parroting and puppeting is used to help your tulpa grow. Also, this submission had an interesting take on a different way to "force", akin to character creation for a creative work--as a writer, I'm experienced in running these sorts of simulations, and I think doing them with Mo would definitely be helpful. The only difference would be that I would possibly bring Mo himself into them (instead of a simplified version of him, for learning purposes, as suggested in the OP), because he might enjoy it. I think he's further along in development than the OP had in mind when making the suggestion.

I don't force the way it's suggested in a lot of guides (telling a tulpa their traits and dictating their personality and form by visualization and narration). Instead, I go spend time with Mo in the headspace and we just hang out. I observe how he acts, and let that tell me things about his personality. There is some degree of puppeting and parroting in this, since he's not fully developed, but I try to keep it to a minimum, and eventually it will be unneeded.

Another difference is I definitely focused on Mo's "essence" first and foremost during initial creation, before personality, form, anything. I focused on what his presence felt like, what it would feel like to sit in the same room with him, his "aura" if you like, or "energy". Whatever you choose to call it, it's that special something that makes you feel safe with one stranger, and immediately on guard with another. Something in your subconscious picks up on and interprets all the little things about a person, and that in turn creates some reaction in you. That essence of something that makes it so you could describe a person in colors or sounds or scenery if you wished--comparing one person's presence to a sunny day, or another to the sensation of slugs in your hand. Whatever it is, it was my primary focus when I began creating Mo. Even now, during forcing sessions, I don't pay much attention to his appearance. I think feeling his essence, and hearing his voice, are more important to me than whatever he technically looks like.

Mo feels like looking up at the stars at night, somewhere remote and still and quiet, all dark except the brilliant sky, deep and mysterious, ancient and vast, immeasurable, beautiful, and wondrous. No matter what he changes in his form or personality, that feeling never changes. Nothing he seems to ever say or do goes against that essence. He's turning out to be active, energetic, confident, but also a deep thinker, and shy of strangers (this last one I really wasn't expecting... I introduced him to my best friend, and he was so quiet and bashful).