Sign in to follow this  
Cat_ShadowGriffin

Heart rate and hearing your tulpa's voice

For as long as I can remember, usually waking Ranger up and listening to him speak increases the body's heart rate. Just recently, Ranger took advantage of it to wake me up from my nap. I don't like the feeling because it hurts a little and if I'm already stressed it doesn't help to have my heart rate elevate.

It's most noticable when I can hear Ranger's voice clearly. I'm not sure if that's because it has something to do with hearing Ranger's mindvoice or it's because it hurts when my heart rate suddenly goes up from a previously slower rate and it's less noticable when I have been up and moving around. I don't remember if I have caused Ranger's heart rate to go up when he's switched-in, but even if I did that could be related to his anxiety of wanting to be alone.

Does anyone else experience this or have any other ideas for why this happens? Do you experience the opposite where hearing your headmate causes your heart rate to slow down a bit?

Pretty much my main wonderland form minus the cat parts, that's a separate form. I'm not a hippo, I promise.

I sometimes speak in pink and Ranger sometimes speaks in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). He loves to chat.

My other Tulpas have their own account now.

Posted (edited)

Only happens to us when talking about something and getting really heated up with each other or when one of us surprises someone else (like thinking about something in specific, although I think it is related to emotions and not hearing your tulpa's voice on itself)

17 minutes ago, Cat_ShadowGriffin said:

It's most noticable when I can hear Ranger's voice clearly.

If one of us says something and the voice is super crispy and clear, then yeah, but it's mostly because of the surprise, like we didn't expect it to sound like that and it took us off guard.

Edited by Mirichu

light- we experience something similar, when if I wake up Holly at some point later in the day, her bringing up some topics or being excited in general really tires me out for a short while, don't know why that is, maybe it's because she's bustling with energy while i'm already mellowed out for the day.