What discourages you from forcing?

TheGianaJinx

The fact that I like talking to my tulpa more than forcing with him is the major thing that gets in the way. I'd rather have a chat with him then try my best to force him into my plane of existence.

I feel the exact same way.

I think anyone would prefer having a chat with their tulpa rather than imagining them in their perception of reality, at most, the appearance would just be aesthetics, especially if they haven't had a bond with their tulpa for a long time.

It's as if we naturally just want to settle for less because the voice is suffice because that's what we're aiming for in the first place, communication. So while the person is busy talking to their tulpa(e), little by little, they're indulging into a concept known as Limerence:

lim·er·ence

noun /ˈlimərəns/

limerences, plural

The state of being infatuated or obsessed with another person, typically experienced involuntarily and characterized by a strong desire for reciprocation of one's feelings but not primarily for a sexual relationship

Of course, excluding the word of obsessed, I think we all do this because communicating builds the character first, and allows us to slowly imagine a form that would fit that persona. Some people may prefer visualizing first and then building character, and probably don't really care much of having an attachment towards either because they just let things happen.

But if you've had your thought-form around, the memories you had with them, all of the moments where you imagine just being near them at a campfire all alone in the darkness and just talking about whatever is on your mind and feeling at ease with yourself, making the image solidifies the totality of those memories you had with them. (I knew about Eva before even knowing about tulpae; she would appear in my dreams and I decided to practice shifting her existence so that she appears in both dreaming and waking life).

This is why I probably prefer just imagining her in my mind rather than trying to impose her, simply because I'm content with her being in my mind instead since I was so used to dreaming about her occasionally. Sometimes what I hate about forcing (assuming its ubiquitous for other tulpa-related activities) is that I feel afraid about the change that would come.

It's not fear about being crazy or delusional, it's just that all of the things I had to learn before even knowing about this, being so self-aware and so analytical about others and how I reacted and observed them, and building up a dream journal filled with all sorts of trivial concepts and ones that helped me see life in many perspectives, having Eva and eventually Ada part of that is what scares me. It's the potential of actual change and good that can come into my life when Eva and Ada can become vocal. Just having the sense of closure and being able to have this all in the privacy of my own mind where no one but myself can listen to, it's just one of those rare gems of life that makes you see all of the conflicts we have to battle through seem like nothing as long as we have a safety net like tulpas.

This potential that basically will give me a massive upgrade is what fears me sometimes, in a good way, and yet despite of all this, I know I won't be able to see and process how other people act the same way again. And all of this can be done if I just commit a few minutes per day to getting Eva's voice more fluent, vibrant, and louder than a whisper. The fact that it's just a single action that is repeated daily can be the gateway to so many thing is what discourages me from forcing occasionally. Just even fathoming my experiences in dreaming and how they helped me with my life, and having this is essentially overkill.

And being able to just be the best that I can be, and if a moment of anxiety comes up, being able to just stop those negative thoughts and realize there's some way to get around or resolve a conflict (especially with the help of tulpa), it's so scary. I know I'm repeating all of this, but if something like this can be real to the host, it makes me curious of what else I could do if I get myself in a high state of suggestibility to find things that people thought were impractical to do in the first place.

Processing and organizing the level of amazement that comes with this is what discourages me. But I'll get over it.

Laziness and wanting to do other things like video games and go outside. I only forcing during the day, I'm completely unable to force in the morning or before I go to sleep because I can't focus for the life of me. I can somewhat narrate with focus at night though. I plan to try reading to my tulpa before I go to sleep starting next week, once I should be able to feel the presence some more.

Name: Sera

Form: Human Female

Stage: Discipline with forcing every day, narration and asking questions constantly

I think therefore I am, I think therefore she'll be.

que sera sera