2013-15 Tulpa Census Results

waffles

If you don't know, a "tulpa community census" has been run for 3 years in a row now. It's more of an /r/tulpas thing, especially the 2013 one, but they are cross-site. It tends to ask demographic questions, like host age, gender, etc., tulpa age, time taken to achieve various things, etc., etc.

I recently got hold of the census data for 2014, which was not publicly available before now, along with the 2015 data (around here, of course) and the 2013 data, which has been around for a while. I cleaned the data up a bit, and put it all in the file I've attached to this post. Alternatively, here's a Dropbox link.

Any analysis I've run is limited to listing correlations between some of the numerical fields, plus what was done for the 2015 results in that thread. If you want to take a look at it, please do report back.

I think there are a few major issues in looking across the three years. For one, all three censuses were done by different people, with different questions, and so on. They weren't all advertised in the same way, which means you'll get different representations of the various communities in different years. Also, the language used is never precise, so exactly what, say, "being able to impose" means will differ from year to year. The questions that ask about time tend to differ in what options they offer, as well - in the clean data this is important, because they're all assigned ranks rather than absolute times.

My main motive for posting this is to put the data out there for anyone interested. I might look a bit more into it at a later date.