Therians

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just learned about the existence of therians.  I love this!  There are so many versions of this concept of entities in your mind either imaginary, psychological or spiritual.  

Apparently these are nonhuman mental entities, usually animal form.  "Generally accepted Definition: A person who identifies as a non-human animal on an integral, personal level."

I was wondering if there are any therians in the tulpa community?

EDIT:  It looks like therianthropy is more identifying with an animal form or animal essence than having a separate entity.  It is still really cool!

"A therianthrope (or therian) is someone who identifies as an earthly animal (not to be confused with mythkin, fictionkin, or other types of non-therian otherkin, which are similar concepts but involve the identification as a non-earthly being)."

Guest Anonymous

Is this a sub-type of otherkin? It sounds like it.

Edit: Reading it again, it definitely is.

So, you technically could have a therian tulpamancer who has therian tulpas!  Ooooooh!

I'd actually considered therian Otherkin as a modern way to absorb dispositions hard-wired in maybe more people than obvious, since paleolithic times and scattered all over the world. For those who are fans of "Game of Thrones" the royal families take the symbols of heraldry very seriously, and viewers just go with it: the Baratheons are stags, Lannisters are lions, Starks are wolves...Many fans of astrology can identify heavily with zodiac signs of oxen or scorpions, or in Chinese mystical traditions there would be different animals depending on the birth year.

If therians or daemonists or therian Otherkin are unusual, I'm more inclined to blame a society that neglected to provide vocabulary, routines, and rites of passage to hold or express those therian experiences.

I have the appearance of an alien species. But I don't identify as any type of otherkin. I think it makes sense to identify as not human. But not to identify as something else instead. My host, for example, disbelieves in any substantial difference between types of intelligences.

I think there is a qualitative difference between selecting a totem animal and identifying with that animal. This, the former, I believe is more in line with what the heraldry would mean. For example, my host like the symbol of the humming bird.

A totem may have more to do with tulpas however. Since a spirit animal guide will probably match your totem.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

[Tri] Most of our system is otherkin - us, A., E., Breach, and Hail. Only have two humans here. Though we aren't therians since none of us are exactly animals that exist on earth or have existed on earth, though some of us are not that far off from ones that do.

Otherkin system members are pretty common.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Guest Anonymous

I'm kinda envious of therians and otherkin. That sounds so cool!

Hmmm... There is stuff to be navigated carefully here.

What's it like to be a bat?

What's it like to be shaped like a bat?

Probably there is someone in this community who can answer the latter question. It is worth noting that within otherkin communities, the majority do not actually identify with animals--even though that is the definition of otherkin. They just like the community.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

I'm kinda envious of therians and otherkin.  That sounds so cool!

[s.] It is a mixed bag really. On the downsides, many therians and otherkin have dysphoria of some sort or another. Some don't. Also, phantom limbs are a thing. Many of my system-mates have them to some degree or another. Tri's are the strongest. They have been strong enough a few times, that when Tri needed to jump back from something, they tried to flap their wings to do it only to realize they didn't have any physical wings and had to step back on foot (and lost about a second or two of time in the process).

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.