Sign in to follow this  
RichardKrebs

Pre-existing Tulpa (?) and new Tulpa?h

This may read a little weird, but here it goes.  

I am considering creating a Tulpa.  I am still in the process of reading about Tulpamancy, Tulpas etc. and it'll be at least a month, probably two, before I come to a firm decision one way or another.  For the record, I am convinced Tulpas are completely real, in the sense of independent personalities within the same brain; my background includes neuroscience and a.i./machine learning.  I deal with people creating consciousness in reconstituted brains in petri-dishes and silicon cells; why on earth  would it not be possible to do it in a human brain?

Here's my concern:  22 years ago, I started creating/visiting a 'wonderland' in your terminology.  In the intervening time, I've had - or I think I've had - some interaction with a personality there.  I'm not sure if this is a tulpa or not, she's has zero desire to leave the 'wonderland'.  If I'm dealing with a fantasy, then I don't want to change it, and if I am dealing with a real tulpa, I have no desire to force her to leave the wonderland.

Now, my question is: would the creation of a Tulpa affect another one (assuming this is a Tulpa I'm talking about)?  I do not want to anger, let alone lose, this part of my mental life.

It's entirely possible she is a tulpa. When I and my host were debating the sentience of our other headmates, one of the things my host realized is she felt uncomfortable with the idea of replacing them with a brand new tulpa.

When I was younger, I had no interest in possessing the body. It wasn't until later I warmed up to it. Some tulpas have no interest in controlling the body and feel most comfortable in wonderland.

10 minutes ago, RichardKrebs said:

Now, my question is: would the creation of a Tulpa affect another one (assuming this is a Tulpa I'm talking about)?  I do not want to anger, let alone lose, this part of my mental life.

It can. Having another tulpa to look after can create friction and competition for time.

If she turns out to be a tulpa and after you have given her at least a couple months of time, ask her how she feels about having another headmate. Being able to make that choice together would make introducing a new tulpa into the system much easier.

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff.

My other headmates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogcBox | Yay!